Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's kind of ironic, lol. Posting a "Science time bitches!" picture when you don't even know what "theory" means in science.

Hint: theorys do not graduate to laws, or anything beyond theory. Theory != hypothesis
Actually a post about irony while misusing the definition of the word irony is ironic.

Just kidding. Maybe im right though idk. You know people like hasbinbad always come in and correct people on the definition of irony so maybe he will come in right now to tell me whether or not im right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Aviak

Lol @ Dune cat
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilkean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol @ Dune cat
oh hey bb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Did somebody say more cat pictures?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually a post about irony while misusing the definition of the word irony is ironic.

Just kidding. Maybe im right though idk. You know people like hasbinbad always come in and correct people on the definition of irony so maybe he will come in right now to tell me whether or not im right.
No that's not irony, but it certainly is closer than most people get! :P

You always know what irony is by imagining a very large man who's ironic nickname is "Tiny." (literary irony)

Or being late to a meeting about punctuality. (situational irony)

Or when Matt Damon asks that guy if he likes apples. (Socratic irony [kinda - lol])
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or when Matt Damon asks that guy if he likes apples. (Socratic irony [kinda - lol])
Love that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NEWS FLASH
Kitten sinks in quicksand of "proof of evolution" hoax.
Mother cat horrified, says "I guess it's true there's a sucker born every minute".
News at 11.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha! Never seen that one before.
My favorite so far.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Aviak

picture-2.jpg
Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's kind of ironic, lol. Posting a "Science time bitches!" picture when you don't even know what "theory" means in science.

Hint: theorys do not graduate to laws, or anything beyond theory. Theory != hypothesis
Actually, what I was saying was something along those very lines.. I'm not sure how you missed that. Too complex? Maybe you could reread my post. The poster I quoted stated that evolution was a law, I pointed out that it was not a law but was a theory, and that one cannot use one theory to prove another theory as law. I dunno how you missed me making that point.. it was pretty clear. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aside from that however you do have error in your response. Theory and Law, among the scientific community, can both be accepted as valid truth, even if as yet unproven. Case in point: Evolutionary theory is taught in schools as accepted scientific fact, despite being an unproven law per se. Please do read this article on Scientific Laws, Hypotheses, and Theories which covers the terms in depth. It really is interesting, and educational. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Wilson
Theory: A theory is what one or more hypotheses become once they have been verified and accepted to be true. A theory is an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers. Unfortunately, even some scientists often use the term "theory" in a more colloquial sense, when they really mean to say "hypothesis." That makes its true meaning in science even more confusing to the general public.
He further states: "In general, both a scientific theory and a scientific law are accepted to be true by the scientific community as a whole. Both are used to make predictions of events. Both are used to advance technology."

I would suggest educating yourself on the valid use of the terms and their meanings, lest you appear to part of the "confused general public". Perhaps this is in part why you misunderstood my post?

Anyway, how dare you cause me to detract from this wonderful post on kitties![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, fuk it.

First off, how much time did you spend on google to come up with your stupid fucking retort?

Secondly, do you debate evolution as a theory, fact, or law?

We will start there, and let you direct the procession of you looking fucking ignorant on the interwebs.
I was merely pointing out that you quoted it as a proven law, which it is not, as of yet. Perhaps some day it will be fully proven as a technical law. I don't debate evolution as a possibility, merely it's current status among the scientific community currently.

But I thank you for being able to retain such a respectful tone. If you nerdrage into a disrespectful attidude this easily I can't imagine what your life must be like lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Closed Thread