Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 03:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh,you're right lol. I'm not a good player or good at the game or the meta. But you've got double digits planar status and a 10 year resume with the project that also is not filthy casual behavior.

You don't even need dragon haste to win EQ. I'm saying that the effort involved in attaining stuff like that isn't worth it for a true casual. Just let someone pl u or leach exp lol.

The game ends at lvl 60 and there is very little sub lvl 30 content in classic. On live there's a ton of sub lvl 90 content accessible to everyone with a weekend an heroic character.

On green the lvl 50+ content is either completely devoid of players or there's so many people it's just a contest of who can sit logged in the longest or how efficiently can you farm plat.

I'm not knocking classic, but it drys up fast and it wasn't meant to be played for a decade. Most of those playing classic for a decade are completely not casual even if they can spin a great tale about their wife (box) afk over at whatever camp for plat. People don't level in bronze and it's even getting to the point where people in banded on green are either scoffed and laughed at or simply ignored for not "putting in the work for at least an FBSS and Fungi".

For p99 to be casual friendly pixels need to cease to matter and people need to learn to adventure and camp less than ideal spots out in the open world and sky.

Where's the pick up groups at EK gnolls? Where's the 3 kids killing griffins over by the bridge? Why is orc pass only monopolized by 1 bard guy with an AoE song in rainbow armor? Oh, yeah, DA idol.

On live i would always do lvl 15-25 over at orc pass, in a full grp. With a waiting list. Of rag tag newbies. I did that after a 16 hr work day with gym and a shower worked in. For two hours, on an sk wearing raw-hide. Because of the ringmail drops.

Sorry.

Green isn't a cool and normal server. It's a lifestyle, and anyone logging in longer than 3 months over lvl 40 knows it in their heart of hearts. Whether it can be admitted or not. It's a great lifestyle.

But its also terrible looking in from the outside as a trucasual who has transitioned back to a few hrs playtime. I don't see it worth the time. Probably because I only have a few acquaintances or like even 1 friend who'm I spend more time PMing than grouping in game..not grouping at orcs with.

Maybe if people spent more time at suboptimal random spots, chilling and goofing around (rather than optimally swarming, aoeing, or thornsing) whole zones dead. The spirit of the Vision could return to Norrath.

But nope. Not when 99% of the people on project 1999 behave like mercs and b-line between anything within agro radius without sitting a minute to med or munch a foraged berry in their rawhide. Tbh it's kind of a lack of population and newbies issue too. Without 2k pop and fresh lvl 20s without high lvl mains/alts the game is just kinda solo quest.

Tbh. Items and levels need to decay. People accruing lvl 60s and pixels is my real beef with p99. That never really happened for the vast majority in 1999.
**a few hrs playtime per week at most.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:08 AM
Banned

here's the problem

starkind isnt normal people
Old 06-11-2021, 05:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you had just started a few months ago and no one knew who you were your application would be denied and you would be a level 50 ranger in banded.

Your eternal neckbearding and nutthugging on blue has served you well along with your forumquesting. It's what carried over into your time on green.

You may think you're a filthy casual but I really don't see it...

Face it.
Eternal neckbearding and nuthugging on blue? I started here in 2015 and I have 0 level 60 characters on blue. Please tell me more about what a neckbeard I am.

I am most certainly a casual in the play time I put in. When I DO play, I play with character progression goals in mind and I actively work toward something, be it the next level or knocking out a certain epic piece. I'm in pretty good gear on green and I maintain a raid attendence between 5-10%.

Forumquesting had nothing to do with anything either btw. Most people in game don't read this shit and have no idea who we are in-game. Only rarely does someone mention these forums to me in game.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eternal neckbearding and nuthugging on blue? I started here in 2015 and I have 0 level 60 characters on blue.
Wait, Green came out in 2015??
Old 06-11-2021, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Good thing no one is normal
Old 06-11-2021, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thing no one is normal
Also, I'm not really buying Tethlers storyline. Bet the guy has 12 accounts and his original troll post account got banned in 2014 hence this 2015 account.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, Green came out in 2015??
Nope. I played blue first and swapped to green when it launched.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Also, I'm not really buying Tethlers storyline. Bet the guy has 12 accounts and his original troll post account got banned in 2014 hence this 2015 account.
Yeah, it's hard to believe other people are normal when you're a nutjob that thinks they're normal.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

RecondoJoe and starkind type very differently. I don't think they're the same person.

Starkind is Maerilith, right? And also clevergirl. No?
Old 06-13-2021, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomisFeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how to add people to ignore list?
User CP > look down the menu on the left for Edit Ignore List > add their name. In fact, dear reader, here's a link to the page where you can edit your own ignore list:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/p...?do=ignorelist
Closed Thread