Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PBAOE works just fine in eq, just put wizards with chanters together and watch entire zones explode.
Pretty sure P99 hard capped PBAoE at 25 targets didn't they? Seems you haven't played in quite some time lol. Whole zone AE hasn't been a thing in a while

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 04-27-2022, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

yea, waiting for new server, playing on solo servers atm.

anyways...25 targets in one pull ain't bad either id say.
Mitic - Green - Dial a Port (yes, porting is more fun than raid-rotations) - 2020
Old 04-27-2022, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Cool

I would disown my own child or psrent if they even invited a ranger to the group for 1 minute. Wizard too if they dont properly disband right after porting us within a mimute or 2... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I secretly always hope the warrior will wipe in the 1st 15 minutes after joining our group and properly ragequit or make up a good excuse to log off. Extra kudos if the cleric was "afk" or "oom" and kills the warrior 2 or 3 times shortly after the 1st wipe/rez. "Ive never seen a tank that loses Hp so quickly, sorry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]" pleads the cleric. In whispers, said cleric can orchestrate 2nd or 3rd wipes of the warrior due to "oops didnt realize healer was so lom." with the puller and any1 else in the group with common sense.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Most underpowered classes got fixed in Luclin/PoP through AA.

Here are things I think EQ devs got wrong or should have considered.

Wizards have been granted the clarity line. Fits better lorewise... in DnD spells that affect attributes are almost always Transmutation and not Enchantment. Puts a damper on enchanter OPness, and makes Wizards welcome to groups (even if their dps is still bad with clarity).

Warrior crits generate additional Hate.

Rangers get a backstab similar ability at lvl 10 except it requires a bow instead of piercing. More added damage than Backstab, but proportionally longer cooldown.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue poison should be more like 10 sec spell to create/apply poison, remove components altogether.

Wizards already solo good enough, they need something to make them more useful in a group. Every single other class brings more to a group. No healing, no sustained damage, very light cc. I'd argue that Wizards deserve to have the animations that Enchanters get instead of Enchanters getting them.
Rogue poisons just need something. There's just too many things stacked against them; they would be useable if niche as-is if they infinitely stacked, for example, but the bag space requirements hurt for long grindy sessions. And there are effects that would be strong enough to use in raids, except some of them don't stack with better caster debuffs, slow needs the target to not be root immune and all of them need the target to not be poison immune.

I think Vindi may supposed to be rogue slowable only for a brief period in timeline, based on old forum posts I found poking around looking for raid targets that might only be poison slowable, which would be a cool niche. Pretty sure that's not implemented here though, and went away by Blue timeline anyway when they implemented slow immunity flags vs. just stacking MR.

I keep trying to see if I can find something good to do with poisons. Blinding poison looks most promising for raid use, since nothing is immune to it unless its rooted or poison immune, always lasts 108 seconds. I stopped a raid wipe once when I blinded the flurry after it killed the warriors, and was able to live with Nimble while the raid camped out, so that was kind of neat. Dain's fearable with it too, though I'm not sure if that can actually be used for anything. Its too bad its a gigantic pain in the ass to make and use.

I am kind of annoyed that Rogues get a version of Cripple and Malo that both costs a bunch of money, takes up bag space, can fail, takes 10 seconds to apply, is lower magnitude than the spells and doesn't stack with them. Like, come on, couldn't at least one of those not be the case?

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 04-28-2022, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Guys Druid is the correct answer. Enough with all the wrong answers.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 04-29-2022, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Cool

BTW my post above in this thread was just an absurd parody! Apologies if anyone thought I was being serious about disliking rangers and warriors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I actually love grouping with good rangers and warriors - and I have had the pleasure of grouping with lots of them! This was during classic era in 2000-2004 as well as on Blue99, Green99, & Aradune TLP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I leveled a couple wood-elf rangers to pretty high levels on both Aradune TLP and on Blue99. Rangering can be alot of fun and also helpful! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh yeah, wizards are often really nice or good players too even if they arent super efficient or there isnt always a bard or chanter in the group to help them wirh mana regen.
Last edited by Raj; 04-29-2022 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-29-2022, 02:14 PM
Banned

druids also kinda suck ass if you were to take away ports from them

they cant heal as well as clerics

and theyre not that offensive/defensive as shamans
Old 04-29-2022, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druids also kinda suck ass if you were to take away ports from them

they cant heal as well as clerics

and theyre not that offensive/defensive as shamans
Ports are what make Druids not the worst[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This isn't Luclin and beyond.

Magicians unfortunately have the least useful overall kit for P99. Their pets aren't used outside of soloing/normal grouping, summoned items are mostly just a minor convenience due to everybody knowing everything about the game, and their DD's aren't as good as a Wizard's. The only unique things they can do are CoTH and summon Dispel Staff. Mod Rods are good too, but they aren't a unique mechanic to Magicians. Twitch from Necromancers is the superior Mod Rod.

Not saying you shouldn't play Magicians, or that they are bad. They simply have the least going for them in this timeline and on this specific server with how the pathing works, and how the metas are.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-29-2022 at 02:35 PM..
Old 04-29-2022, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

This is how I'd break it down.

Solo/Group/Raid

Warrior - Terrible/Ok/who cares
Shadow Knight - Ok/Great/who cares
Paladin - Ok/Great/who cares

Cleric - Ok/Great/who cares
Shaman - Ok then Great/Great/who cares
Druid - Good/Good/who cares

Rogue - Terrible/Great/who cares
Monk - Ok/Good/who cares