Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by telaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any chance of you all removing the link to Secrets patch? SOE only just decided to keep AK alive and if they suddenly start losing a load of revenue because EQ PC users are switching to AK they may well reverse that decision and then none of us will be able to play on AK.

Realistically if they were ever to release an official PC client it would come with shit like the marketplace packaged in so SOE could make some money. It would be a real shame if this caused the death of the only official server that's even close to original EQ. Perhaps as a compromise you could pass it around to P1999 members in PMs only to prevent a mass release to EQ PC players?
I will not take the patch off my server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Its not harming anything. Connecting with a Mac or a PC is no different when you're playing a game.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

just got it working on my PC though i have to wait till monday / tuesday for the expansions to be flagged
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by telaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any chance of you all removing the link to Secrets patch? SOE only just decided to keep AK alive and if they suddenly start losing a load of revenue because EQ PC users are switching to AK they may well reverse that decision and then none of us will be able to play on AK.

Realistically if they were ever to release an official PC client it would come with shit like the marketplace packaged in so SOE could make some money. It would be a real shame if this caused the death of the only official server that's even close to original EQ. Perhaps as a compromise you could pass it around to P1999 members in PMs only to prevent a mass release to EQ PC players?
Hi, Maxi
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Banned

There is a ridiculous amount of players who are convinced we're "hacking" the server and will be the death of it. Macintosh users >.>
Old 02-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not take the patch off my server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Its not harming anything. Connecting with a Mac or a PC is no different when you're playing a game.

If you think Hobart is going to let that continue to work you have another thing comming.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think Hobart is going to let that continue to work you have another thing comming.
lol

gm uses windows client, BUT NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Old 02-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Aviak

I got it working, but it won't detect any expansions!
Old 02-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got it working, but it won't detect any expansions!
expansion flagging is down, will be up early next week!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 AM
Fire Giant

i might just be stupid, but is there a way to install a second copy of titanium?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i might just be stupid, but is there a way to install a second copy of titanium?
Yeah, just install it to a different directory.