Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the proposed resist system changes
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

It's not only about roots, its about everything that does crowd control. Anything that removes and or hinder my characters movement,vision or abilities should not be that hard to resist.

These resists actually hinders PVP as a whole -- I will never engage 2 casters or anything combination of caster/melee on my monk. I will run, everytime. Even if they suck ass and drool on their keyboards, they can still root or snare me and im dead.

It's how mostly everyone feels about it too. Its no fun to go into PVP and know that one single CC lands and you're pretty much dead.

Stuns are also worse than roots, I think you need 200 mr to have 95% resist. 140 is like 75%.

I need a GBS and a shield of rainbows hues and gmr to hit 200mr.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

monk with hues shield and gbs is classic dog don't trip
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Banned

GBS ain't hard.

Hues... them shits was a bit rare. Maybe on blue server they have those to go around to monks... but on live that shit wasn't all over the place on pvp servers. Then again, Kunark and vanilla flew by and everyone didn't know everything out of the gate. We didn't have people farming resist sets and shit on day 1 (or charming fire giants and shit either..).
Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuns are also worse than roots, I think you need 200 mr to have 95% resist. 140 is like 75%.
Lucy data has clr/pal line of stuns at 71mr to be immune. Most stuns are in a similar range with the notable exception of Largarn's Lamentation.

Not sure what the resist rates are like currently here. Again, would need to test.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Banned

Heh stuns got owned to shit, maybe the chance to resist scaled to 99% very very very quickly and a true immunity was 71. Or that particular line in PvP started at like 75% chance to resist and scaled from there quickly? Something like that. I'd say snares had a way better chance than stuns on resist rate.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not only about roots, its about everything that does crowd control. Anything that removes and or hinder my characters movement,vision or abilities should not be that hard to resist.

These resists actually hinders PVP as a whole -- I will never engage 2 casters or anything combination of caster/melee on my monk. I will run, everytime. Even if they suck ass and drool on their keyboards, they can still root or snare me and im dead.

It's how mostly everyone feels about it too. Its no fun to go into PVP and know that one single CC lands and you're pretty much dead.

I need a GBS and a shield of rainbows hues and gmr to hit 200mr.
Sorry you feel entitled to being unstoppable against multiple casters but this isn't counter strike. You've admitted you run around with 100 mr then whine when you get rooted. You have the gear to be immune, you are either just being lazy or get off on seeing big numbers in melee dmg. The main people pushing this are two casters who recently rolled melee. Nirgon and cwall don't even play here and haven't pvp in months. Vayder aka duress is new to this server and pvp. He jumped ship to Nihilum after leveling up in VV. meanwhile Nizzar engages kunark dragons that aren't supposed to be in game without a care in the world. I guess the not classic argument doesn't hold up when's it's not in favor of what you want.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GBS ain't hard.

Hues... them shits was a bit rare. Maybe on blue server they have those to go around to monks... but on live that shit wasn't all over the place on pvp servers. Then again, Kunark and vanilla flew by and everyone didn't know everything out of the gate. We didn't have people farming resist sets and shit on day 1 (or charming fire giants and shit either..).
Exactly. This server is a different animal and requires further balancing. Go towards the light bro
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

Samwise the thing is, I DID PvP here for months. I spent a ton of time in game and especially when there was a booming population. A lot the PvP was pretty good too, don't get me wrong. But when it came to big group vs group stuff, being root spammed and blown up was just something that couldn't keep me here. Having Emumu cast 5-6 darknesses in a row and 3 stuck at 120-140 MR here was just stupid as shit too.

I was told the entire time "just get some more magic resist and things will be A-OK no worries". Well after I got my tcrown and the first charge of a root net hit me, things were *not* OK. =)

You need to watch your shit here with turning these threads into heavy RNF material. Cwall didn't play as much as the hardcore Holobeards among the group for sure, but he and Vile definitely waned off even more in play time listening in to our chattering. Not that we had any problems killing people here and maintaining an awesome KD ratio... but, truth be told, they were hoping for a more classic EQ experience.

If you want me to come out and say fighting a tstaff monk is going to be a lot harder in a classic system where they don't have to worry about risking items? Yeah, no shit. But if I fight one outdoors and they don't have bags of golem wands? I still like my odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go towards the light bro
I am the light bro.
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-12-2012 at 10:18 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

Samwise and friends are calling to keep "custom" resists.
Nirgon and friends are calling for "classic" resists.
These two groups will never see eye to eye.

So we are going to have to put up with "custom" resists until Null decides to change it to "classic" if ever.

Each system has it's pros and cons but I am in favor of "classic" because this whole project was based on making it as close to original as possible.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

Also? If Sam is going around saying he can hardly land root on anyone? What's the problem? Just nail it down as hard fact. The classics and the customs alike can be happy with that.

Not to mention? I think they might appreciate the play style a lot more.

I don't think item loot would *kill* the server either if a classic resist was in place either. Personally if you look at how low those values are for immunity on some lines? You'll see why I think resist gear should be *risked*. If you can't get spam rooted reliably? It can't be THAT hard to bag gear unless a mega concentrated gank slams you.
Closed Thread