Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The testosterone in this thread just spewed all over the place. Seriously tone it down a bit. I'm pretty sure that the automatic assumption of everyone reading this thread is that none of us hold medical degrees. I've read this thread as mostly a place that people can come talk through gain progression, talk about different ways to approach goals, etc. I'm glad you are a PT Lune, but the reality is exactly what you said, the "science" of lifting can be incredibly subjective and tends to need to be based on each individual.

So lets just assume that every post comes with the caveat of "We don't know what the truth is on this matter, the evidence is conflicting, but here's how I do it, and why, and this is how it works for me."
Agreed! Can i take this minute as an opportunity to ask Lune to vacate our thread? Pretty positive place until he comes in to stir the pot. Buh bye now!
Old 07-22-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The testosterone in this thread just spewed all over the place. Seriously tone it down a bit. I'm pretty sure that the automatic assumption of everyone reading this thread is that none of us hold medical degrees. I've read this thread as mostly a place that people can come talk through gain progression, talk about different ways to approach goals, etc. I'm glad you are a PT Lune, but the reality is exactly what you said, the "science" of lifting can be incredibly subjective and tends to need to be based on each individual.

So lets just assume that every post comes with the caveat of "We don't know what the truth is on this matter, the evidence is conflicting, but here's how I do it, and why, and this is how it works for me."
You don't need a medical degree (which I do possess). You just have to put aside the ego and be able to put time into research. The science is there. There's a reason why powerlifters don't max cold and do a progression.

Anyways, I'm usually pretty chill in this thread. And it's something I'm very passionate about. Especially when it comes to helping other people get their gainz. But if you come on here and straight up tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because you're a physical therapist without the facts, you're going to have a hard time.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Banned

Can you blame shim, though?

Typical liberal faggotry. Ze read it in a book somewhere..or wait...im not sure if it was a book...maybe it was...oh yeah it was nothing. Ze read it in nothing, and it feels right, to the gut, so there....truthiness.

ThE SmRt Ones
Old 07-22-2019, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For leg training I usually do a warm up on the eleptical to get the blood flowing in the knees, a set of body squats, warm up with the bar, 135, 185, 225 and then a few working sets at 245 (most days I don't try to max). Then I usually follow it up with hip thrusts (the one where the bar is on your waist, I think that's what its called) to work the glutes / hamstrings more for 3-4 sets and Bulgarian split squats for single leg training for a few sets (3-4). Is there something wrong with my training itself? Or do I just have shit leg genetics lol
Perhaps overtraining? Remember that these workout programs are designed for 20 year old athletes on a cocktail of designer steroids, and that recovery is what makes you stronger, not working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A physical therapist is a masseuse
Ouch. Somehow Lune as a dandy PT fits his postings perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune
As a physical therapist, it really grinds my gears.
Are you seriously suggesting that one should go straight from the locker room to try a max squat? At some point one needs to apply common sense with or without citations (as much as I hate to agree with Mead on anything).
Old 07-22-2019, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you seriously suggesting that one should go straight from the locker room to try a max squat? At some point one needs to apply common sense with or without citations (as much as I hate to agree with Mead on anything).
Ze's not "serious" about anything. Ze's just spitballing contrarian positions hoping to stumble upon some virtue signalling acceptance from the homo-hive. Nothing to see here just the village idiot phishing for attn.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

I do other leg exercises too, like on my back day (well, the second back day) I like to do rack pulls. I do reverse lunges as well, calf raises, and the leg press. I try not to do leg curls or leg extension because ive heard theyre both not very good for you, but that's basically it for leg stuff. I do a little bit of banded work occasionally, idk what the exercise is called but you squat down and walk sideways with a band around your legs.

But yeah I know some people like larry wheels do a one rep of their warm ups so that they can work up to their weights, but I feel like im nowhere near that level to justify it lol
Old 07-22-2019, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

But yeah for recovery I typically go about 4 days before I hit legs again, if not 5, but I guess I don't really understand deloading very well. For the last 2 years ive just been trying to drive forward and haven't really looked into that.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed! Can i take this minute as an opportunity to ask Lune to vacate our thread? Pretty positive place until he comes in to stir the pot. Buh bye now!
I've actually steered clear of this thread for precisely this reason, because I tend to be a pretty negative poster, that is, until I saw negativeposting by Mead and couldn't resist. Like flies to shit, sorry. I'll leave it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I'm not. All I'm saying is we don't know if working up to your max on lifts instead of starting with max after your warmup is the optimal way to do things.

Quote:
Ouch. Somehow Lune as a dandy PT fits his postings perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A physical therapist is a masseuse

Hope this helps
Literally helped a guy with a stroke learn how to walk again today, and helped teach a family how to range their son with a TBI to prevent contractures so they could take him home from the hospital safely. Yea, it involved "massaging" a tendon to facilitate reflexive inhibition of muscle tone. If that makes me a masseuse, so be it... it's a pretty fun job.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've actually steered clear of this thread for precisely this reason, because I tend to be a pretty negative poster, that is, until I saw negativeposting by Mead and couldn't resist. Like flies to shit, sorry. I'll leave it alone
Nothing I posted was negative. The replies are still in the thread. You're just a salty dude who thinks he's got the answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I'm not. All I'm saying is we don't know if working up to your max on lifts instead of starting with max after your warmup is the optimal way to do things.
Once again, you don't know because you haven't bothered to do the research.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Literally helped a guy with a stroke learn how to walk again today, and helped teach a family how to range their son with a TBI to prevent contractures so they could take him home from the hospital safely. Yea, it involved "massaging" a tendon to facilitate reflexive inhibition of muscle tone. If that makes me a masseuse, so be it... it's a pretty fun job.
Hell yeah. That’s an awesome job. You give people their lives back and get to hurt people, too!

My friend who was studying to be a PT invited me to his neuromuscular junctions class once and I got to see an upper body cadaver. Was pretty damn cool. Love anatomy.
Closed Thread