Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually like the /list system and I wouldn’t call it a fail myself, but perhaps that’s merely because I have a flexible work schedule and I am confident I’ll be able to get friends to log Naala in so I can sleep.

Anyway, to your point, both of my friends were on the list for 3 or 4 days. One of them had already /listed for the manastone camp and had failed somehow after 3 days. Maybe twice? I can’t remember. So if that sounds like a bad system to you, then yeah. It’s pretty extreme.
Was a fail in the sense you basically have to get friends to log you in so you can sleep. So people who don't want to account share or can't do 40+ hours straight miss out. I guess I could just account share like everyone else though...but it just seems so unclassic to me to do that, it irritates me but I guess I need to let it go, lol.
Old 12-31-2019, 08:14 PM
Aviak

I don’t think there is that much negativity regarding the /list system. Most of the negatively is about the unclassic drop rates i.e. a normally common drop being more rare than the rare drop from the named.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

I get to guise camp and I'm #3 on list. 10 mins later ass spawns and it's a mask, now I'm #2. Guy who got his mask stays for a couple spawns cause he wants to make sure that the shaman and I (monk) will be ok. Turns out we weren't. Shaman slow resisted 5 times in a row and he ends up dying, I flop. This happened while 1st dude is afk. He then leaves cause he has better stuff to do and I dont blame him.

Shaman makes it back in time to keep his #1 spot but in doing so he trains the camp and dies again. By the time we get him a rez he loses spot and I'm #1, but now alone cause shaman is pissed. I ooc to see if anyone wants to camp ass sup. Dude from Seal Team sends me a tell saying he'll ask in guild. 5 mins later Kanata of Seal team shows and brings a few friends. They are all from Japan but super nice people. 2 spawns later I get my guise.

Took roughly 2.5 hours, super lucky. I log in a couple days later and see Shaquilleos camping guise (super good guy who was behind me at jboot camp) and I join group cause I still need a bag and TBB would be sick. After a few hours a belt drops and Shaq insists that I loot it, other group members agree! Damn nice people
Old 12-31-2019, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

list made me realize how many better things I could be doing with my time than EQ.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:40 PM
Banned

Is account sharing against the rules?

Guy in my guild made a char just to let people use it to camp legacy items for everyone.

Seems cheesy and gives people playing the game legit less of an edge
Old 01-01-2020, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

People using their friends to log in while they work or sleep is lame and is ruining the spirit of the list system
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Guilds make druids to share for PL and porting.

Guilds make toons to hold items like a bank.

Guilds make toons just to do certain quests, or just pop certain mobs (i.e. hopper bag quest giver)

Guilds make toons to be alchemy bots.

Guilds make toons with max CHA and give CHA gear just to recharge items.

And now... guilds make toons just to camp legacy items.

-----

So what?

/list is a great idea
Old 01-01-2020, 02:28 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Mine was 12 hours for Guise, was hit/miss but was great exp pulling from all around us when a freak train or warped pet didn't cause a wipe. There was a 4-5 hour streak or so with no assassins spawning at all. Still overall fun. There was a good cast of characters in the group to keep it intersecting and fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is account sharing against the rules?
Nope. Also that would be unenforceable, so double nope. Suppose you came to my house to take care of my pets while I’m away, and you logged in your character. Surely you should not be banned for that.

However, staff have vehemently discouraged it at certain times, because sometimes if Player A shares an account with Player B, and Player B gets banned, they’ll ban every account Player B has ever logged into...including Player A’s account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guy in my guild made a char just to let people use it to camp legacy items for everyone.
Might as well make such a char a druid so it can also be a port bot!

Quote:
Seems cheesy and gives people playing the game legit less of an edge
Just curious - what in particular makes you say account sharing cheesy or not legit? Would you still feel that way if you knew it’s not against the rules?

As for me, I look forward to the day I finish leveling Naala and give her login info to all of my officers so they can use her to port and invite people to <Castle> while I play a new character. And if they want to use her to camp a /list item, hey, go for it. And I don’t fear Naala getting banned because we promote officers carefully and slowly and I trust them all.
Last edited by Videri; 01-01-2020 at 03:04 AM..
Old 01-01-2020, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

/app Castle, I'm here for the free druid account!
Closed Thread