Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2013, 09:01 PM
Aviak

Default Mortal Online almost like EQ Classic Modernized?

So who has tried out the MMO called Mortal Online recently? I had been looking for an MMO that wasn't just another WoW clone and finally came across this. After playing the free-to-play version yesterday, I gotta say it's pretty amazing.

MorOn (Mortal Online [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ) not only has great graphics but also has what most MMO's are "missing", the ability to NOT hold your hand through everything. You basically start out in the middle of nowhere with little to no tips and you can go out and explore or do whatever floats your boat. It really does feel like EQ Classic all over again.

The game feels really immersive since you can only be in first person view; I love this since it makes the game feel more real. When you make your character, you can choose a certain race or mix together different racial ancestors to get different stats and bonuses. There are also no levels in the game, only skills that you work on to become stronger.

There are so many different skills to choose from. It's kinda nice how you are limited on how many skill points you can use. Because of that limit, it keeps the player base diversified on which ones they choose to master except for the min-maxers that always seem to crop up in every game lately.

Anyways, for those who haven't tried it out yet, you should! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And for those who have, what did you personally think of it?

-Warning- When you first make a character, be careful when trying to learn how to swim, its reaaaally easy to drown. *cough*

Oh yea, supposedly the game can be kinda picky and crash if you don't have a decent computer. Also, make sure your Regional and Language options are set to english and not something like japanese, whoops. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I bought my computer about 5 to 6 years ago for around 1k and it runs great on middle settings, so if you have something newer you should be okay.