Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-29-2022, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Vulak is the most important mob on the server. Vulak is the mob that crowns the top raid entity as supreme. The difference is Vulak requires the killing of half a dozen other dragons, trash, flurries, and then vulak himself. Because of this, KT is the first mob killed on the server, and the above steps I described are accurate.

Anyways, since when is competition about two raid entities sitting on top of each other trying to blame each other for trains and misplays. Its in everyone's best interest that the two stay as far away from each other as possible. All while being extremely competitive for the quake as a whole.

I find it dishonest to proclaim the server "without competition" based purely on who kills the most important mob on the server (vulak), all while ignoring the actual competitive meta that takes place on a quake. Not to mention blaming bags for anything, when it is the only mechanic we have to change the priority list that keeps this competition alive.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
saying Velious is not about vulak is like saying pof is not about CT or VP is not about PD/hosh (from a high end raiding pov)

everyone who has raided on this server post warders understands that vulak is by far and away the most coveted mob

most coveted mob = mob that matters the most

you can do all the circular logic you want to try to refute that but his loot table is what it is

keep dodging the fact that in an unrooted era of tov vulak would be more evenly split than it has ever been in rooted era
I can't figure out which guild you are in on Blue, but I agree that Vulak is the most coveted mob. But your logic is flawed, the amount of Vulak kills between two guilds doesn't equate to some ethereal balance in the raid force that only you can see. Even if this was true, I'd like to see some evidence. Post some numbers, with timelines, let's see graphs and data.

All I see is an angry nerd who either doesn't get enough Vulak or feels entitled to more Vulaks. What item are you chasing? C'mon man Naethyn has very succinctly spelled out how rooted dragons lead to more competition by tying up whoever is going for Vulak in NToV killing the blockers.

TLDR: Absolutely no evidence of a more balenced era, Vulak kills do not somehow determine equality in the raid scene.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 04-29-2022, 08:44 PM
Large Rat

I'm tofat ... I forgot my other forum account info so here we are. Anyway...

Vanquish vulak logs from this year

4/18 vulak kill
4/17 vulak kill
4/14 vulak kill
4/10 vulak kill
4/8 vulak kill
3/26 vulak kill
3/19 vulak kill
3/13 vulak kill
3/5 vulak kill
2/27 vulak kill
2/19 vulak kill
2/16 vulak kill
2/13 vulak kill
2/6 vulak kill
2/3 vulak kill
1/27 vulak kill
1/2 vulak kill

There isn't a single attempt or responder vulak log because we have killed every natural or quake spawning vulak that we weren't bagged on our had to concede b/c of prior petitions

The "quake is competitive" mantra is also a farce but we can look at that data as well... first tho lets state the obvious yes Riot kills mobs on quake but it's a quake so you are literally obligated to kill targets. Let's take a look at what happened on the start of the last four quakes that happened this April:

4/17 Quake (bagged on Doze)

- KT
- Dain
- Yeli
- Statue
- AoW

4/16 Quake

- KT
- Doze
- Statue
- AoW
- PD

4/13 Quake

- KT
- Doze
- Gore
- Hosh
- PD (attempt)

4/8 Quake

- KT
- Doze
- Statue
- AoW
- Hosh

Yes, there is obviously *more* competition on quakes but just take a look at that list and our vulak kills and tell me that competition is at a good place on this server.

Stigion -- a gm on this server -- made a post in blue general that I can't find because I'm banned in there and I can't be fucked to look for the screenshot of it posted in our discord that literally stated Riot barely competes with Vanquish anymore.

If you don't think vulak is a good arbiter of how competitive a server is than answer me this, how come no one tries to even compete on vulak anymore?
Old 04-29-2022, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unroot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, there is obviously *more* competition on quakes but just take a look at that list and our vulak kills and tell me that competition is at a good place on this server.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:00 PM
Large Rat

so your point is that if guilds kill jorls and zlexaks on quakes competition is in a good place? is that your argument?

how come you didn't want to answer my question or engage with it?

why don't any guilds compete on vulak?
Old 04-29-2022, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

It quite amusing to see Riot fuck off to Growth every quake. We take bets as to when they will give up and go to Growth. Usually its after an embarrassing snipe or wipe.

BTW that doesnt count as a "competitive" Takish. The fact that we cant get Tunares because we get Vulaks does not mean that Riot is winning Tunare.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

No one competes on vulak because its easier to join the winning team than to create an alternative.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:26 PM
Kobold

Everquest doesn't really work as an esport because losing means you didn't even get to play the game. So it's no surprise the people who take everquest the most seriously all join the same guild so they never have to lose and be denied playing it.

It's weird to think a fantasy elf adventure game makes a poor esport
Old 04-29-2022, 10:31 PM
Large Rat

no one competes on rooted vulak because it's a complicated strategy

everyone competed on unrooted vulak because it's a simple strategy

wtf are these narratives about esports
Old 04-29-2022, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
no one competes on rooted vulak because it's a complicated strategy

everyone competed on unrooted vulak because it's a simple strategy

wtf are these narratives about esports
i dont think unrooted dragons would change much competition like it's 2016 again. 2016 guilds were happy to settle for certain mobs because that's what they were used to and the server was still developing, people were still leveling.

now people have beaten the base eq and they want every single raid mob in the game every single time it spawns. what splinter FTE pros are gonna form a small guild to go for vulak vs vanquish when it would mean giving up a 3am velk? imagine missing a single silver sword