Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-21-2022, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

Sleeper is woke on bofa deez servers. Who gives a shit?
Old 06-21-2022, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t have an issue (besides getting trained almost every time i’m near vanquish - please stop training me) but the staff do have an issue. Time to stop causing issues.
Another gross exaggeration and I'm gonna call straight up bullshit. Stop looking to be a victim at every possible opportunity. 99.9% of trains are unintentional and not malicious. It's called "learning" and we all make mistakes on the path towards understanding how to do things properly on this server and within the ruleset established. This takes time and repetition to know where to start, stop, and the path to follow along with all the dynamics involved throughout the process. It's not easy figuring out all of the various pathing, yet it is rewarding when that "Aha!" moment arrives. That's part of the joy of the game, figuring out the right way to do things.

There's a reason why I /who all when in ToV and if I see Axiom, Kittens, Ex Astra, etc.. I'll send them a /tell asking where they are at so that I don't train them and to inform my guild so that no one else trains them. It just takes a little extra effort and it's not difficult to do so. Trust me when I say that no one is sitting around thinking or saying "how can we train that guild?". It's a ridiculous assumption and position.

I'm just seeing a victimhood and cancel culture mentality here along with a conscious effort to instigate further drama. If some of you would spend half the amount of effort spent on instigating drama and whinging here on the forums and in discord, you may find you actually enjoy the competitive aspect of the game and I guarantee that you will find success.

If any of you have questions or want to learn, I'll be happy to save you a lot of time and trouble (and possibly trains) with a little training. Just shoot me a /tell in game.

How does that sound? My door is always open.

Be well all.

Unchainedfury
Old 06-21-2022, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another gross exaggeration and I'm gonna call straight up bullshit. Stop looking to be a victim at every possible opportunity. 99.9% of trains are unintentional and not malicious. It's called "learning" and we all make mistakes on the path towards understanding how to do things properly on this server and within the ruleset established. This takes time and repetition to know where to start, stop, and the path to follow along with all the dynamics involved throughout the process. It's not easy figuring out all of the various pathing, yet it is rewarding when that "Aha!" moment arrives. That's part of the joy of the game, figuring out the right way to do things.

There's a reason why I /who all when in ToV and if I see Axiom, Kittens, Ex Astra, etc.. I'll send them a /tell asking where they are at so that I don't train them and to inform my guild so that no one else trains them. It just takes a little extra effort and it's not difficult to do so. Trust me when I say that no one is sitting around thinking or saying "how can we train that guild?". It's a ridiculous assumption and position.

I'm just seeing a victimhood and cancel culture mentality here along with a conscious effort to instigate further drama. If some of you would spend half the amount of effort spent on instigating drama and whinging here on the forums and in discord, you may find you actually enjoy the competitive aspect of the game and I guarantee that you will find success.

If any of you have questions or want to learn, I'll be happy to save you a lot of time and trouble (and possibly trains) with a little training. Just shoot me a /tell in game.

Be well all.

Unchainedfury
Ok that's all very nice of you, but like some P99 players you make the mistake of thinking everyone in your guild operates the same way. There are absolutely people on the other side of the spectrum in vanquish who do the exact opposite (intentional training, etc.). It's nice of you to try to make sure trains and things don't happen, but unfortunately you're somewhat in the minority in your guild (which is the case in any guild that has Furoar and Detoxx in it).

You should stop taking it personally and recognize that when you join a guild that has those two people in it a lot of people in that guild are going to be willing to operate the way they do. As a result, you need to learn to distinguish between criticism of Vanquish and criticism of you personally.
Old 06-21-2022, 12:56 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's actually really fun, when you see the other person rushing toward the mob and then yellow text goes out and you see your name. Very exciting and it is competitive /nod.

Yelinak is probably my favorite, I only really fte on warrior engages, so yeli, twins, triples, zlandi...those are ones I get to fte sometimes...lot more fun than just doing it uncontested which them ya it's no brainer cause you can have full force for engage..

I like competition engages cause you have to use da idols, wort pots etc and try to stay alive. Really really fun /nod
we don't deserve alli
Old 06-21-2022, 01:00 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok that's all very nice of you, but like some P99 players you make the mistake of thinking everyone in your guild operates the same way. There are absolutely people on the other side of the spectrum in vanquish who do the exact opposite (intentional training, etc.). It's nice of you to try to make sure trains and things don't happen, but unfortunately you're somewhat in the minority in your guild (which is the case in any guild that has Furoar and Detoxx in it).

You should stop taking it personally and recognize that when you join a guild that has those two people in it a lot of people in that guild are going to be willing to operate the way they do. As a result, you need to learn to distinguish between criticism of Vanquish and criticism of you personally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJ51AoDJLo
Old 06-21-2022, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I ended in 2015, I have no idea what is actually going on. hope that helps.
FIXED
Old 06-21-2022, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FIXED
sorry you dont got competition
Old 06-21-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another gross exaggeration and I'm gonna call straight up bullshit. Stop looking to be a victim at every possible
opportunity.
If it was an exaggeration, there wouldn't be a long list of petitions in the UN channel.

Quote:
99.9% of trains are unintentional and not malicious.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
It's called "learning" and we all make mistakes on the path towards understanding how to do things properly on this server
and within the ruleset established. That's part of the joy of the game, figuring out the right way to do things.
[Sat May 21 21:41:05 2022] Unchainedfury says out of character, 'nice KS on lady N kittens.'

So an entire guild that regularly socks ToV was still learning the Lady N encounter?

Quote:
Trust me when I say that no one is sitting around thinking or saying "how can we train that guild?". It's a ridiculous
assumption and position.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=372736

Quote:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=393481

Quote:
Behavior

We expect raiding guilds - and especially their leadership - to behave in a way that reflects positively on the Project 1999 community. As some of our most senior players, they should be role models. However, we see these players acting in a way that doesn’t represent the server nor its playerbase. Project 1999 will never be a utopia - nor do we strive to. A certain amount of trash talking and banter is part of the game. However, what we’ve recently seen in screenshots, voice recordings and have witnessed has gone too far. If a player chooses not to represent themselves in a civil manner, please know that any discipline is potentially on the table, including blanket PNP violations, forced removal from a guild leadership role, or even suspension of your guild. Our jurisdiction for enforcing these policies will include any channel managed by the P99 staff, including in-game, p99 forums, p99 discord, or UN discord. While DMs through applications are not directly policed by p99 staff, we are often provided with transcripts and it doesn’t help our opinion of players. If you can’t figure out the difference between harmless banter and malicious attacks, you know where the door is.
Quote:
If any of you have questions or want to learn, I'll be happy to save you a lot of time and trouble (and possibly trains) with a little training.
Just shoot me a /tell in game.

Be well all.

Unchainedfury
Again, hard pass.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

I've definitely trained people by accident, regardless of guild tag lol 😂...also I've goofed where the dragon knocked me back and I wasnt on it technically so had to concede grrrr... people make mistakes, it's not always malicious.

Like zlandi rat train, in my mind I was saying woohoo detox died, now I get to tank the dragon! It didn't click in my brain that riot had the fte till I was almost back to the zlandi pad...opps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2022, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inmvLn0Ypdc