Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Therein lies the question! Are they truly a God, if they're able to be killed?
Gods aren't always immortal in every belief system ;D
Old 11-29-2019, 12:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gods aren't always immortal in every belief system ;D
Well here in America they are, pal! Haven't you heard? Trumps doctors said he's in PERFECT health!!!
Old 11-29-2019, 01:50 AM
Banned

Agnostics are ignorant cowards who are too afraid to make up their mind. Also there is no god but God. But since you have to choose in game then Quellious cause good philosophy.

"Followers of Quellious the Tranquil seek peace. They are not strict pacifists, though, and will fight to defend themselves and their loved ones. The peace they seek is an inner one. They wish to know all there is to know about themselves and the world around them. They thirst for knowledge of their true selves and strive to help others attain enlightenment. It is through the sharing of this knowledge that they believe universal peace can be obtained. If every creature fully understood itself and its neighbors there would be no need for conflict and war. Followers of Quellious often follow a nomadic lifestyle, constantly seeking what there is to know and hoping to find themselves along the way."

But peace through knowledge is nonsense cause wicked people are gunna cause problems regardless unless they're stopped by force, God willing.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello. I’m kind of curious about religion, the matter of such being which race’s religion is best for them? Besides Agnosticism. For example, is Quellious better for an Erudite Paladin to worship than Prexus faction and item wise, or is it the other way around? Innoruuk or Bertoxxulous for a Human Cleric when it comes to evil worship? How about Rallos Zek for the odd warrior?
Oh, let me also address your actual questions directly:

Erudite Paladin - Prexus has the best itemization and an easier epic. Quellious gets pretty much nothing. Prexus gets an awesome shield. Paladins can never be Agnostic.

Human Cleric of Innoruuk is actually one of P99's power combos. Later on in the timeline they get tons of clicky items that are powerful, including a snare necklace, a fear mask, and a helmet that grants deadeye. Bertox gets some of this but instead of snare neck its a disease cloud neck, which is a little crappier for a cleric.

Warriors of Rallos Zek, except for ogres and trolls, get a neat armor set. Also, anyone in the game who worships Rallos Zek starts dubious (non KOS) to velious giants. Minor bonus there. Every warrior in the game can worship Rallos Zek, except for Iksar who must always worship Cazic-Thule no matter what, and Dwarves, since RZ is considered their arch enemy.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

I think Cazic Thule is the best in terms of access to vendors, because it makes Iksar faction pretty fixable. People love to tout faction ups for Velious (RZ/Veeshan) but the reality is that Velious factions are fixable by design for any character without too much hardship. Cabilis factions were designed to be useful to Iksars only, and I'm not sure they are fixable without worshipping CT and being a class Iksars don't hate.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudite Paladin - Prexus has the best itemization and an easier epic. Quellious gets pretty much nothing. Prexus gets an awesome shield. Paladins can never be Agnostic.
How does following Prexus make paladin epic easier? Shield of Stalwart Seas does not have a deity requirement; all erudite paladins can equip it. AFAIK there are no Prexus-only items for erudite paladins.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Bristlebane is probably my favorite diety, because it is the least ridiculously unrealistically black and white.

People don't tend to worship dieties they de facto consider "evil", even evil people. Its asinine :P
people don't worship deities they consider evil but they can sure as hell make any deity's dogma sound good
Old 11-29-2019, 05:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Cazic Thule is the best in terms of access to vendors, because it makes Iksar faction pretty fixable. People love to tout faction ups for Velious (RZ/Veeshan) but the reality is that Velious factions are fixable by design for any character without too much hardship. Cabilis factions were designed to be useful to Iksars only, and I'm not sure they are fixable without worshipping CT and being a class Iksars don't hate.
iirc I had an agnostic enchanter who was non-kos to cab (including without ikky illusion?). suppose it got that way from Seb or HS?

I am sure there are others who can chime in here - lotsa necros and enchanters should have a similar experience
Old 11-29-2019, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

halflings can be friends with anyone thanks to the magic of racial sneak turnins
Old 11-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkainium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does following Prexus make paladin epic easier? Shield of Stalwart Seas does not have a deity requirement; all erudite paladins can equip it. AFAIK there are no Prexus-only items for erudite paladins.
Youre right. I fell into that common trap.. Like how all human clerics even good ones can get the paineel stuff.

Prexus paladins need to do less faction work for epic still right? If not then I guess it literally doesnt matter at all for their diety.