Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 10-26-2022, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Good lord. Is everyone drinking crazy juice today
Old 10-26-2022, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off, this place is already like 95% classic, and it's impossible for it to ever get more than say 98% classic, because at least 2% of the info on how classic worked has been forever lost to time. So we're basically quibbling about something like 3%.

Second, even if they never fixed that 3%, it still would be more classic than any other server in existence, and it would still feel like the live servers to everyone who plays it. Also, while the server doesn't "advertise" anything to anyone (ie. you heard of P99 from somewhere else, not Rogean and Nilbog), but to whatever extent they have they've always been very clear that it's a work in progress, not a finished product.

But finally ... I don't think they're going to leave that 3%. I truly do think Nilbog (even if he did play an Enchanter on live) wants the most classic server possible, not a classic server with customizations for his favorite class. I truly think you're assuming motives on the staff's part ... when the simple reason Enchanters are still (somewhat) unclassic is just that they haven't had the time to fix them yet.
Nilbog didn't play enchanter in classic and nilbog started on a pvp server. If he was favoring what he played in classic... There would be a new pvp server after 15 years... Stick to fixing the wiki bird brain.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuminjo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hard facts and data
Charisma, according to a Caster's Realm post in 99 that was quoting Geoffrey Zatkin (the guy who made enchanters):

Quote:
Firstly it effects the chance at resisting the initial charm cast. Secondly, and more importantly, it makes it harder for the charmed NPC's save to successfully roll. This basically means it does effect duration.
Zatkin was on one of those alovingrobot videos talking about making enchanters as well as collaborating with the guy running Caster's Realm. I'm not saying it's some solid hard hitting facts but I trust that over someone's 20+ year old memories and anecdotal analyzed data from eqlive.

Unless there's some actual proof now? Let's see it!
Old 10-27-2022, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog didn't play enchanter in classic ... Stick to fixing the wiki bird brain.
I literally wrote (emphasis added):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loramin
I truly do think Nilbog (even if he did play an Enchanter on live)
"Even if he did" does not mean "he did" in the English language.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-28-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I literally wrote (emphasis added):

"Even if he did" does not mean "he did" in the English language.
Good job copy and pasteing. You're a coding wizard. Now stop derailing the thread with the "me, me, me" mentality that everyone hates you for.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:13 PM
Banned

can we update the wiki to include how insufferable loramin is?