Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-02-2022, 08:48 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Suggestion regarding Sleeper for “next Green”

How about making it so that once Sleeper is awoken, anyone who was involved in the killing of the warders get merged into Blue and then warders/sleeper reset? That way the next guild in line would have their shot at it all.

I get that it would not be classic, but it would mean people would always have at least a chance at that loot, which might motivate people (like me) to stick around and progress further. Also, having servers staying at Velious indefinitely is not exactly classic either, regardless of the status of the sleeper.

…or just make it so that when actual classic timeline ends, they start respawning?
Old 07-02-2022, 10:42 AM
Kobold

Yeah, it would be cool to create a system that allowed others to try it. Especially since the server continues on so long past the classic timeline.

However, this also leads me to imagine a world where people begin grieving the world by waking it up and letting it rampage. Either by accident or intentional.

Could be fun.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

They could start respawning the warders NOW, don't need to wait for green 2.0, can do it on blue too, it would be the easiest way to have some custom content. Maybe just do it on quakes?

I think TAKP just resets the script anytime you kill all four so its content always on tap. Like you said, with P99 locked to Velious and now green's timeline is past Luclin launch there's no reason this shouldn't be made available to everyone.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Long ago, before Velious had even been implemented here, the staff did a poll on this topic. I googled but unfortunately I can't find it (it's not this one; it was an official staff poll) ... I'd guess it was back in 2014?

Anyhow, that was the last time the staff showed any interest in caring what we think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And in recent years (basically since Green and /list) they've shown little interest in any doing any coding except minor classic updates ... certainly not for something like a major Sleeper overhaul.

In other words, dream all you want, but it seems very unlikely they'll change how Sleeper works. And it's even less likely that the neckbeards in Seal Team won't do the exact same thing on Green 2.0, 3.0, etc.

So, we really all should accept that the staff wants a "classic" (ie. killed by the server's top guild as soon as anyone else gets to ST) Sleeper forever here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure this is a very significant coding challenge we're imagining here. And a much bigger change of rooting the dragons in ToV was not that long ago.
Old 07-02-2022, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure this is a very significant coding challenge we're imagining here. And a much bigger change of rooting the dragons in ToV was not that long ago.
I mean, nothing is impossible (I'm still hoping against hope for a /list 2.0)... it's just that a staff-made change to the Sleeper strikes me as highly unlikely (and a player behavior-change strikes me as even less likely).

When it comes to the Sleeper, they already have their museum piece, and it already does (essentially) the same thing the original did in '99-'01.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.