Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-07-2019, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In ten years of on and off play on this server, almost all of which was playing with one person or another in the same house as me, I have never had a guide perform a boxing check.
I've personally reported several Necromancers in Felwithe using dual boxed low level elfs to sell for them while they were whacking guards. On two of those occasions, I got to see Bracknar appear and do a boxing test which had both of them fail. Believe me, they do check from time to time when it's obvious as hell.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've personally reported several Necromancers in Felwithe using dual boxed low level elfs to sell for them while they were whacking guards. On two of those occasions, I got to see Bracknar appear and do a boxing test which had both of them fail. Believe me, they do check from time to time when it's obvious as hell.
Yeah this is definitely one of the more obvious examples. And it's always funny when the person doesn't bother to log off their boxed lowbie elf while they're killing guards because they're too lazy to log it back in periodically lol
Old 11-07-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m assuming you were playing with VPNs?
No. I have an IP exemption.

One would think that a boxer using a VPN would be much more obvious, as they would be actively attempting to hide. But who knows, I'm not a forum conspiracy theorist. I just play the game.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 11-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. I have an IP exemption.

One would think that a boxer using a VPN would be much more obvious, as they would be actively attempting to hide. But who knows, I'm not a forum conspiracy theorist. I just play the game.
I mean, in both cases it shows up as different IPs. So I think unless you're doing something where players look at your behavior and report you then I don't think you'd get tested. Since you're playing with multiple people and not actually boxing, I'm sure your behavior doesn't look suspicious enough.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Just log into both servers on you computer then hot spot to your phone from the laptop and box two more there. It’s what all of us are doing. Going to have so many manastones! Think that guy afk on list is being a jerk? Nope just someone’s box getting more pixels then you gl trying to keep up at your x1 speed.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just log into both servers on you computer then hot spot to your phone from the laptop and box two more there. It’s what all of us are doing. Going to have so many manastones! Think that guy afk on list is being a jerk? Nope just someone’s box getting more pixels then you gl trying to keep up at your x1 speed.
I believe the staff can tell if a connection is a tethered hot spot as opposed to an actual home internet ethernet/wifi connection. I'd expect they flag those for investigation.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Cool and they will find one green character and one teal character nothing suspicious . If you are having trouble passing the box test just say you are actively playing on one of the other servers legally. Almost everyone in my guild Kingdom has been doing this no one caught yet.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Last edited by Jeni; 11-07-2019 at 03:51 PM..
Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool and they will find one green character and one teal character nothing suspicious . If you are having trouble passing the box test just say you are actively playing on one of the other servers legally. Almost everyone in my guild Kingdom has been doing this no one caught yet.
Well playing on both servers simultaneously isn't against the rules so why would you be box tested for playing one character on Green while you play another on Teal?

Playing two characters at once on a single server is what is against the rules.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

The boxing check won’t include anything about green vs teal, they’ll test the two on same server. Remember that you can be boxing, and banned for it, totally regardless of what IPs you’re playing from. Idiot mistakes like same IP or same keyboard might be dead giveaways, but they’ll catch you regardless of how clever you think you are. You might get away with it for a little while, but that’s OK because then you’ll just have more to lose when you get your accounts permanently banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I keep getting stark reminders that Green/Teal have massive non-P99 population... people whining about maps and compass, boxing openly, etc. etc.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread