Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Orc

Default Two accounts

Is it okay for me and my girlfriend to play on Green or does it have the same IP rules as blue? If it does what do I need to do in order to apply for an IP exemption?
Old 12-04-2019, 08:15 PM
Orc

or should I just use a vpn on the computer with the better internet connection?
Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Kobold

I have a SO who is sometimes here and sometimes not, last time she was here we recovered our accounts and created new characters on Green, and played off and on for several days with no issues. I assume there are specific behaviors they watch for, and they don't just slam anyone who has two people playing from the same IP. Like one player always being on follow with the other, two characters never more than a few feet apart, that they never do anything simultaneously (one acts then the other), etc..
Old 12-04-2019, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a SO who is sometimes here and sometimes not, last time she was here we recovered our accounts and created new characters on Green, and played off and on for several days with no issues. I assume there are specific behaviors they watch for, and they don't just slam anyone who has two people playing from the same IP. Like one player always being on follow with the other, two characters never more than a few feet apart, that they never do anything simultaneously (one acts then the other), etc..
Are you sure you were both on the same IP? I thought it prevented more than one account from being logged in on the same IP at any given time...or maybe that was just on Blue?
Old 12-04-2019, 09:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure you were both on the same IP? I thought it prevented more than one account from being logged in on the same IP at any given time...or maybe that was just on Blue?
No that seems to be the same with teal. My fiancee was creating her character and I tried logging in but couldn't. Realized that it was an anti-multiboxing thing so I went ahead and made a petition for her, my brother, and I. It definitely stops you in your tracks if you have the same IP we are hoping to be approved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2019, 10:28 PM
Aviak

If you have an exemption already from blue I believe it carries over to other servers.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:56 PM
Kobold

We never had an exemption on blue, at least that I'm aware of. And yes we were both connecting to my wifi that goes to Comcast so we should both have had the same external-facing IP.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

It’s probably best to be up-front with the staff and ask for an IP exemption.

Secondly, because I’ve seen it before: don’t get lax and use this as an opportunity to port youself, or buff yourself, or do a transfer. Boxing: not even once.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

"Girlfriend"
Old 12-05-2019, 12:37 AM
Kobold

Never had the slightest interest in boxing and am baffled by the extent of its apparent popularity. Seems like a major pain in the butt to me to do, managing one terrible EQ UI at a time is all I have any intention of dealing with. I used to think boxing was limited to Chinese plat farmers who were working in near slave conditions, I was amazed when I learned people actually did that by choice.
Closed Thread