Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Default Why the bananas is Quillimane FTE?

So....to get this horse to spawn...you gotta just kill a few things till she pops. They have pretty fast respawn timers, so you can get her to spawn pretty regularly and easy.

THE PROBLEM is she spawns in 3 different locations across the zone. Finding her isn't hard (she walks a certain path) and you can tell if she is up or not with pet tracking.

BUT apparently she is FTE? Which means unless you have 4 people in your group....it isn't worth spawning her since people will snipe it from you.

So you end up with a situation where a couple people "could" start spawning her and camp cloaks. But don't, because people farming other stuff will just take it.....

And people farming other stuff don't care to clear the PHers.

How does this make any sense? Why doesn't she count as a camp??
Old 11-25-2019, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

If you let the zone know you are turning over PH it makes an effective name and shame?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

the rules surrounding her were made by people who don't understand the camp and have never done it themselves, sadly. it fits the clear definition of a "kill the PH, spawn the mob" camp yet it's treated as if it's fully FTE. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] needs updating, for sure.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you let the zone know you are turning over PH it makes an effective name and shame?
Nope, it just makes them shrug and go "well GMs said it was FTE...so....."

That's the problem. It's an active camp....you clear mobs to get it to spawn.... but the GM's say the person camping it doesn't have rights to it??? It makes no sense.

If no one is actively camping the PHers, sure FTE, but why make it so people can't camp ....an actively clearing camp....? Especially since it isn't even rare, it is just clearing the PHers a bit and you can get a couple an hour.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

The forums have been over this many times. The thing to do is bring 3 friends, or find 3 randoms who are willing to team up, and have each person camp one spawn point. Then it's not FTE. Or, you can solo the PHs and just hope to catch it first. Or in between!

And by the way, there are people who solo it for hire. They successfully sell cloaks ("loot rights," of course) to their clients. However, people can snipe Quill from them. Sometimes these people will employ others to watch the spawn points.

One thing players do is bind near the Hermit. That means you can kill PHs until Quillmane spawns (check the zone by doing /pet attack quillmane after you kill each PH), run west to the wall to see if Quill is there; if not, gate to Hermit and check there; if it's not there, then port self to North Karana and run back into South Karana to check for a Quill that spawned at the centaurs.

Anyway, don't get frustrated - just get a team!

Surely such a positive little Gnome isn't mad you can't solo farm Quillmane on a level 8 rogue?
Last edited by Videri; 11-25-2019 at 03:51 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyway, don't get frustrated - just get a team!
The problem is it sucks for the team...since if you are forming a team for it, how do you decide the order? And those who have it already aren't too interested in babysitting an empty spot in karana....

Needing 4 people, and 3 of those people to be semi-afk over a spot.....high enough level to solo the horse (which most people can't do before mid 30's or later)....

Yea, I get that there is a "market" that has formed around it. But that was on blue, where less people were after it (since it was around for so long).

But, again, it is STOPPING it from being camped. I could be spawning it many times over easily.... but not, because it has a really good chance to get sniped.....

How does that make any sense? to have a camp you CAN do....but that it gets effectively /randomed to everyone in the zone.

It's like if the Jboots were a camp to clear the spawn....BUT THEN it would randomly spawn the actual mob anywhere in the zone....and anyone could take it. Which means everyone in the zone has a BETTER chance to get the mob than the ACTUAL PERSON camping it and clearing mobs??

Quote:
And don't be mad you can't solo farm Quillmane on a level 8 rogue!
Pshhh, level 10 now! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And I "can" solo farm it.....just a good chance people will keep taking it....so instead I'm just sitting around :| Why put in the work clearing PHers unless I can actually camp it?
Last edited by Ivory; 11-25-2019 at 03:59 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is it sucks for the team...since if you are forming a team for it, how do you decide the order?
The fair way is to /random when each cloak drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Needing 4 people, and 3 of those people to be semi-afk over a spot.....high enough level to solo the horse (which most people can't do before mid 30's or later)....
Welcome to Quillmane! But you only need 1 person high enough to solo it. The other spawn point watchers just FTE and kite to the killer.

Quote:
But, again, it is STOPPING it from being camped. I could be spawning it many times over easily.... but not, because it has a really good chance to get sniped.....

How does that make any sense? to have a camp you CAN do....but that it gets effectively /randomed to everyone in the zone.
Ok yeah, let me address your point. You're right, the rules should be changed so it's solo-campable. Until it's changed, though, just read my previous posts and the wiki and you can get one.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:10 AM
Banned

Your spelling is not classic^^

Quillmane has always been a convoluted spawn/camp in a huge zone. This is why people camped it in the wee hours, because any moron rolling across SK is going to kill the mob on site. There were still ridiculous rumors and bad info floating around about the spawn cycle well into Velious on classic.

I don't see how you could police this "camp."
Old 11-25-2019, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fair way is to /random when each cloak drops.
Yup, the "fair" way....that ends up someone getting really screwed....camping it for days and days and days and always losing the roll.

Quote:
Welcome to Quillmane!
It....doesn't....have to be that way....could just make it a camp....and suddenly it wouldn't "require" 4 people.....

Quote:
You're right, the rules should be changed so it's solo-campable. Until it's changed, though, just read my previous posts and the wiki and you can get one.
That's just what I'm sayin! We gotta get this changed! Because it is bonkers!

Not too worried about myself, I'll get it sooner or later. I just gnome around anyhow :P But it is pretty bananas in general.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yup, the "fair" way....that ends up someone getting really screwed....camping it for days and days and days and always losing the roll.
Getting your friends loot is NOT getting screwed. As long as the camp requires 4 people, then yes, /random is the fair way. I've gotten many cloaks for my own characters and for other people's characters under the current rules.

I guess if the rules said "whoever kills placeholders is the only person who can kill Quillmane," then yeah, it would only require one person to do it. Then, if someone kills a Quillmane you spawned, you can petition them.

But...how will you know who sniped your Quillmane?
Last edited by Videri; 11-25-2019 at 04:33 AM..
Closed Thread