Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2023, 09:03 PM
Aviak

any way to make this 2x the size?
Old 02-18-2023, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dablackgoku1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
any way to make this 2x the size?
unfortunately there aren't many good options for 4k screens
Old 06-02-2023, 07:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to run this to get the selection window. I downloaded and unzipped to my downloads and don't see anything to run and cannot find instructions thus far. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 07-21-2023, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Can anyone confirm or deny if this UI package still works on green today?
Thanks!
Last edited by Deathrydar; 07-21-2023 at 04:02 PM..
Old 08-03-2023, 04:25 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone confirm or deny if this UI package still works on green today?
Thanks!
New player and I've been unable to make it work. It tells me my spell files are out of date and refers me back to the setup guide. I download that file and extract it to the folder but it never changes the error. I'm guessing it no longer works because I've seen that same problem pointed out several times over the past few pages without anyone claiming a solve or offering a solution.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New player and I've been unable to make it work. It tells me my spell files are out of date and refers me back to the setup guide. I download that file and extract it to the folder but it never changes the error. I'm guessing it no longer works because I've seen that same problem pointed out several times over the past few pages without anyone claiming a solve or offering a solution.
are you extracting the entire update folder into your eq folder? would need to apply the files and folders inside the .rar to the eq folder

try copying and pasting the contents of the update folder into the eq folder
Old 08-03-2023, 10:40 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you extracting the entire update folder into your eq folder? would need to apply the files and folders inside the .rar to the eq folder

try copying and pasting the contents of the update folder into the eq folder
Yeah it all goes and I over-ride all files that are the same. I do get three WinRar diagonostic errors. Three files cannot be created because Access is denied. Not sure how to solve that. I'm going to try another clean install and see how it goes. Who knew a custom UI would ruin my fun!?
Old 08-03-2023, 10:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenLips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it all goes and I over-ride all files that are the same. I do get three WinRar diagonostic errors. Three files cannot be created because Access is denied. Not sure how to solve that. I'm going to try another clean install and see how it goes. Who knew a custom UI would ruin my fun!?

UPDATE: Deleted all files, started fresh and installed the Duxa's complete first, then the patch files and all worked. I just loaded Duxa in game and it looks great, now I just need to learn what I'm doing in game and tweak it accordingly.

But it does work, so for those wondering, as of August 3, 2023 on blue server - this UI functions.
Old 11-05-2023, 08:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Everything is working great and looks excellent but how do I get my inventory to open for plat?
Old 11-06-2023, 11:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default XML Files bot Compatible

Hi, I've been struggling to get the Duxa UI to load and had problems with spell files out of date messages. I finally got past that but still only had the old windows on display. Eventually I found a comment somewhere (I forget where) to type /load duxaui (or it may have been /loadduxaui). This actually loaded the new UI but now a get a red error message stating;

'Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin default 1" to load the EverQuest default skin.'

I did the loadskin command but nothing obvious changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help that is given.

P.S. Is there a command to get the original UI to load?
Last edited by Lamadarius; 11-06-2023 at 11:35 AM..