Wizard
Druid
Mage
Enchanter
Necro
Bard
Old 04-04-2023, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

100 percent correct. Enjoyment being subjective but basically ease of progression and experiencing the game
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-04-2023 at 08:02 PM..
Old 04-05-2023, 03:32 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm... ok back at ya lol
ummkays r bad mmkay?
Old 04-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

I personally think a Ranger would make a decent solo-self found toon. With panic animal they have the ability to solo grind most of the way to 60, with a bit more DPS than say an SK in the leveling phase (who can fear kite anything)

My second pick would be an SK.

I’m of the agreement that a solo self found is most fun on a class that isn’t a natural solo class, but as someone else said, fun is subjective. I just feel like, as someone else mentioned, being a class that could solo theoretically to 60 naked, there just isn’t as much drive to camp items along the way that you really need to keep soloing. Melee classes really have to camp items so their gear can keep up with the grind, and that’s part of the fun of a solo self found toon.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 04-05-2023 at 10:23 AM..
Old 04-05-2023, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanter may be the only class that can realistically complete their spell book...solo and self found that is.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger is fine in velious era with panic animal and snare and swarm caller you can solo to 60 basically in great divide and honestly being a solo ranger deep in velious is a bad ass and lonely experience. I killed many cougars and mammoths in my time in era avoiding PKs on a gimp Ranger. I didn’t believe in the swarm caller though so I didn’t have that, would have helped a lot.

The three hybrids are close to equal with sk on top because of feign.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

But yeah you guys do non solo self found and actually play the game right. Finding solo spots for non solo classes is like cool but it’s a very limited way to play the game and unless your doing it to avoid pvp on a popular pvp server it’s pretty deeply pointless
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-07-2023, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a subjective thread so ymmv but Necros don't need gear, I would think a solo self found build would actually want to really notice and get excited about those gear upgrades. You can go iksar necro and pretty much level with naked/cloth until 60 like it's nothing. A melee is going to appreciate that sweet new weapon/bp much more than a necro would.
Agree with this. I think the melee hybrids are ideal for SSF challenges. Shadowknight, Ranger and Paladin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But yeah you guys do non solo self found and actually play the game right. Finding solo spots for non solo classes is like cool but it’s a very limited way to play the game and unless your doing it to avoid pvp on a popular pvp server it’s pretty deeply pointless
There are single spawn quick spawning mobs for every level range throughout the entire world. It's really not that limiting, if anything it let's you see a side of the game you would otherwise miss.
Last edited by jolanar; 04-07-2023 at 04:45 PM..
Old 04-07-2023, 05:57 PM
Kobold

The bard call seems pretty good to me. So many different play styles, you can swarm or you can face tank. You can fear kite or charm. You have tons of armor and weapon choices as well as complete mobility with spell casting. Sounds like a fun SSF character.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bard call seems pretty good to me. So many different play styles, you can swarm or you can face tank. You can fear kite or charm. You have tons of armor and weapon choices as well as complete mobility with spell casting. Sounds like a fun SSF character.
It really would be the best. I think the other classes might be more capable of getting better gear, but those classes really don’t need gear all that much.