Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 10:16 AM
Banned

Tried LGuk King three times yesterday. Crit resists all three times when trying to pacify the room (twice on a knight and once on a shaman). Died once, escaped through the portal twice.

EnChAnTeR BrOkEn
Old 10-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not lining up with my experience so far. I'm soloing rooms full of mobs including named camps and it's pretty easy. Like I've said, it seems easiest because I channel through ridiculous amounts of melee damage. I don't even use my AE stun I just eat the damage.

I'm also pretty suspicious about the Gate spell on P99. Even before I played Enchanter it just seems to have some kind of bonus success rate or something. Cast Gate with 5 mobs on you? It seems to mysteriously channel much more than it ever did on live and the "gate collapse" is way more common.
Curious what private server with fancy rules you're playing on.

Last couple of times I tried casting anything as a caster (mag | shm) with maxed Channeling (and higher AC & dex in the case the shaman) with a handflul of mobs trying to kick my teeth in, it resulted in a "Loading please wait.."screen without Gating.
I'm not even talking about mobs that con blue+, even a pack of green mobs can ruin your attempts at casting
Old 10-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

p1999 enchanters are classic

continue the drivel
Old 10-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

OP was bullied in school by enchanters and is now taking revenge trying to get them nerfed.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious what private server with fancy rules you're playing on.

Last couple of times I tried casting anything as a caster (mag | shm) with maxed Channeling (and higher AC & dex in the case the shaman) with a handflul of mobs trying to kick my teeth in, it resulted in a "Loading please wait.."screen without Gating.
I'm not even talking about mobs that con blue+, even a pack of green mobs can ruin your attempts at casting
Yeah see this is when OP proved to us that he's talking out his you know what. Multiple mobs you will absolutely get interrupted a lot if they are all hitting you at once.

As far as soloing multiple mobs, multiple classes can do that. That doesn't make a class OP, that's just classic EQ. Are Druids or Wizards OP because they can quad kite? Are Necros OP because they can split with FD, fear kite, etc.?
Old 10-01-2020, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried LGuk King three times yesterday. Crit resists all three times when trying to pacify the room (twice on a knight and once on a shaman). Died once, escaped through the portal twice.

EnChAnTeR BrOkEn
Hard at 60 impossible at 50
Old 10-01-2020, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Just did a test fight to show you what I'm seeing. Fight was 3 dark blue mobs on initial engage and 1 added for more exp as pet wasn't low enough. I got 2 full exp kills and 1 pet exp kills. Had 1/2 my mana left at end and 2 bubbles of health. Almost had the fourth mob but my health was low due to lack of rune so I just gated out after channeling root.

I've been doing this for 3 levels now and it pretty much always goes this way.

Quote:
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:53 2020] You appear.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:53 2020] You begin casting Tashani.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:54 2020] A goblin priest glances nervously about.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:54 2020] An ice goblin kicks YOU for 2 points of damage.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:54 2020] An ice goblin tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:54 2020] You are stunned!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:54 2020] A goblin priest bashes YOU for 3 points of damage.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:54 2020] A goblin priest hits YOU for 39 points of damage.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:55 2020] An ice goblin tries to kick YOU, but misses!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:55 2020] An ice goblin tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:56 2020] You can't cast spells while stunned!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:56 2020] You are unstunned.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:57 2020] You begin casting Charm.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:57 2020] An ice goblin tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:57 2020] An ice goblin tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:57 2020] A goblin priest hits YOU for 26 points of damage.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:58 2020] An ice goblin hits YOU for 11 points of damage.
[Thu Oct 01 13:57:59 2020] You regain your concentration and continue your casting.
First mob misses, the other two hit me, regain casting.

In the course of this fight I did a channeling check 7 times and 6 of them were successful. I'll post the full logs if you don't believe it. This happens every single time I'm not just picking a lucky fight. Everyone should be able to admit channeling is too successful on P99 or maybe your computers suck and it relates to the video performance I mentioned.

I'm guessing people will try to say this is just low levels or something but channeling is supposed to be worse at low level. I've played here to 60 multiple times. It doesn't seem to be any different if the mobs are hitting double attacks or even if there are 5 mobs on me. Channeling works almost every time unless you get stunned. Also I have no idea what Enchanter was like at higher levels on EQ classic. I'm basing my argument on channeling level 1-30ish and Enchanter 1-30ish. Maybe in classic Enchanter was OP at max level, I don't know, and channeling here seems roughly accurate at max level but nowhere near accurate at lower levels.

Really? A late 20s Enchanter channels 6/7 casts? Not classic.

I checked another log I made where I had rune up at the start of the fight. I had 5 channeling checks and 4 of them were successful.

Actual classic EQ I remember regularly dying level 20-30 because of FREQUENT root resists and interruptions. The kind of thing where I'd throw my keyboard across the room because you resist root 3 times in a row and get interrupted 5 times and die. This was fighting a single mob. NEVER happens on P99. I just walk in, no rune, 3 mobs hittng me and cast charm right through it. Over and over for 3 levels now.
Last edited by azxten; 10-01-2020 at 05:34 PM..
Old 10-01-2020, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Exclusive to Red99:
Added a 5% per attack reduction in channeling chance.
Hmmm...

So Red99 channeling was too successful? Kind of like item recharging got nerfed there too. Seems like these rules should be on all servers.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
EDIT: Just for random information, Channeling is for continuing to cast when being hit (taking damage), not stuns, bash, push, other movement, "interrupt casting" abilities (similar to the paladin Force of Disruption AA), et cetera.
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...-mastery.3681/

This thread is kind of interesting. It's about the removal of AA abilities that were supposed to improve channeling chance. It says channeling got set to 100% success because of "long standing issues" with channeling and so the AAs which increased chance to 90% made chance to cast worse after this change.

The quote above I find very interesting. In EQEmu code at least channeling helps you successful cast through pushback. However, this quote says that channeling was only for getting hit and would not help you with distance moved from push. This may explain part of why things are so off on P99.

Did channeling in classic as a skill only help reduce interrupt chance from attacks but a separate non-skill based check was done for distance between start/end of cast? Also is this part of the "long standing issues" with channeling that caused them to set it to 100% probably because people got interrupted so much due to these additional checks that P99 does not have? EQEmu only has a skill based check plus "bonuses" from the spell, items, or AAs. There is no alternative chance to fail.

Quote:
I have a hard time channeling through multiple greens for instance. Are you saying that I have a 100% chance to channel through the damage but the interrupts that i get are probably due to being pushed?

Correct, push is generally what is going to cause interrupts more than anything with stuns you don't shake off being a close second. At least at one time, push was calculated by comparing where you were when you started casting and where you are when you finished casting and the greater the difference the more likely an interrupt.
At least according to this EQ super nerd that seems to be the case. I wonder how they knew about this. Possibly you could reverse engineer it simply by offsetting your start/end distance when casting and comparing interrupt rates at 1 channeling skill to max skill. If the rate stays the same you could conclude that channeling skill has no impact on your chance to be interrupted from movement and is only to compensate for the attacks as they say.

Seems like the EQEmu code, if this is true, should use the existing check it has for channeling through a certain number of attacks but that percent chance should be decoupled from the X/Y check that should be a static value and a secondary check.
Last edited by azxten; 10-01-2020 at 05:54 PM..
Old 10-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

EQ EMu = not real server, this is emulated

you stupid?
Closed Thread