Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 02:49 AM
Kobold

Default Anarchy Online progression server

Just went live today.

Currently it’s Rubi-ka only.
Last edited by Zarniwooop; 03-07-2019 at 02:56 AM..
Old 03-07-2019, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

No shit? i was actually the first legit level 200 in AO. Hah.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

That game looked fun. Should I be a fixer or an agent? I know a good bit about agents, not so much about fixers. They ran fast and dual wielded SMGs or pistols yeah?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Agents are pretty uber if you know what you are doing with them. Use the trader (false profession) to drain a crap load of stats, then switch to MP and cast mega nanoskill buffs and then summon mega pets. They are also great for twinking other characters since you can false profession almost all the buffs.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Anarchy was one of my faves but the pop is so low how could a prog server work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cecily, fixers are all about hots, dodgyness, fast speed, and are the "porting" class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] uses smgs, doesnt use offensive nanos, but also has blue nano skills making it costly to skill them up. Its kind of like a bardy druidy thing but does weapon damage. Lol

Agent is tough to describe. Primaraly uses rifles but borrows a line or two of nanos from every other class by morphing into a weaker version of them.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Cool ty. I played Agent for a couple weeks. Fixer might be fun if academics ever let up.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Banned

Donut Operator just promoted the new AO server...might bring some new players into the scene
Old 03-08-2019, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

And it costs $15/month to play on it.

The regular servers are free to play though and you can multibox on it all you want.
All expansion content requires a paid account though.

Unless the playerbase is huge on that server, it's not really going to be worth the money.

I'm actually curious if they are going to have a timeline of nerfs on items like the overpowered Extreme Low Light Targeting Scope.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool ty. I played Agent for a couple weeks. Fixer might be fun if academics ever let up.
Just don't try to farm grid armor on the fixer. Wouldnt want to have your guardian robe memories return
Old 03-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

I bitched about it a lot, but I’ve always liked grinding. It’s a meditative experience for me - one without all that pesky thinking. It’s why Lineage II was such a good game for me.

If they want 15/month for a game without a guaranteed population... I dunno if I wanna go for that. I was looking at an old fixer “guide” which was more like an instruction manual and decided that it took me days to sorta learn all this stuff 10+ years ago and I just don’t have the time to invest for information with no real world application.

I’m really good at teaching people everything about Everquest, with a specialization in esoteric rogue theory, but ugh. I wish those neurons got wired for communication skills, math, and work ethic. On the plus side, however, I’ve gotten pretty good at written communication over the thousands of posts I’ve made here. Not a complete waste of time.

Think I’m gonna pass on this one, but I hope you guys have fun if you plan on playing.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-08-2019 at 03:26 PM..
Closed Thread