Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Here is a question - I installed the fix that makes underwater sound last longer than 5 seconds, and improves some game sounds. Thunder/rain are changed and just don't feel classic anymore.

How can I remove this option?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if this has been answered before, but is there any way to see numbers for hp/mana on the velious style UI?
While certainly possible, it would need a UI rewrite; and not to mention the whole point of that UI is to simulate the old school gameplay... adding new features to it will make it a non velious ui [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I can't seem to find this in the thread anywhere - hopefully i'm not just missing it. I used the duxa installer before and had no issues. this time around (on a more powerful PC, but the SAME monitor) I do NOT have the 1024x764 resolution option at all, and as that's my monitor's native resolution, I'd really really really like it for fullscreen-windowed. Any help here would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks,
Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't seem to find this in the thread anywhere - hopefully i'm not just missing it. I used the duxa installer before and had no issues. this time around (on a more powerful PC, but the SAME monitor) I do NOT have the 1024x764 resolution option at all, and as that's my monitor's native resolution, I'd really really really like it for fullscreen-windowed. Any help here would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks,
You can edit the ini file to manually insert that resolution. Are you sure that is your native resolution? They havent used resolution like that on monitors in at least 10 years.. is it a CRT from 90's or really early 2000's?

If its an LCD of any kind or a monitor that is newer than 2003 I would definitely make sure that is the native resolution...

Note, just because your desktop is set to that resolution doesnt mean thats the native resolution of the monitor... try goggling model number if unsure.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

How do you make compass appear?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you make compass appear?

It's been removed from p99.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Fire Giant

Anyone know why my UI is massive and wont scale down when I adjust resolution?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 05-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpuntine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know why my UI is massive and wont scale down when I adjust resolution?
What resolutions are you using? And what method are you using to switch them (ini file, in game, via the tool?) Is this a problem with a particular UI or all of them?

Can you also provide a screenshot?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Large Rat

Hello :-)

Ive tried to use your installer twice now and i end up with a black background in the character creation. Then it freezes.
Both times iver done a new fresh EQ titan install...

When i try to log into the EZ server, it stops sying i have to delete my wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll files. But Windows 7 wont allow me to delete that wsock32.dll file no matter how i try. Admin and so on...

Anybody who can help? :-)
Old 06-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Banned

Don't install EQ into your program files directory. You'll have trouble editing the files when it's there.