Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2020, 07:08 AM
Fire Giant

Default AA points will fix all the raid issues! Would reduce alt armys so more sharing.

It might....would help with something for lvl 60s to do too...and cut down on the overall alts and another reason people fight over pixels, most have a well geared main or two but trying to gear their 5th alt.

If everyone just had 1-2 toons to worry about, instead of trying to gear 10, would be tons more loot for everyone's main toons (my thought is no one gonna aa every class anytime soon, so would be forced to pick a toon and stick with it) /nod

And with AA, it would really separate the mains/alts. Cause very few people gonna get 100 aa on all their toons when aa are like equal to lvl 51 each. And I know a 100 AA war will tank a million x better then a 10 aa war. Just like 100 aa cleric will heal / mana regen way faster then one with run speed 3.

Less zerg guilds too cause, you could do things with less.
A 30 man force each toon 100aa gonna be way stronger then 50 w/o any aa? /nod

Thank you for reading my post, hoping to see aa in the patch notes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2020, 07:20 AM
Kobold

temporarily. Just shifts the problem further into the future where you need new AA stuff, etc. etc. and we end up where Live went with AA. This eventually leads to servers like P1999 where there is no AA.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 10-29-2020 at 07:22 AM..
Old 10-29-2020, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Would be awesome Alli. Tho think it would attract more people back, causing even more issues. There isn’t enough content for the amount of people that play here, and judging by these forums and UN people are so hateful I doubt things ever change. People forget all too quickly what nice things others do for them and hold grudges for years, it’s all about what they can get for themselves whether it be pixels or control over eachother.

11 years is a long time to have a server running with only two expansions. Custom content would be amazing but not sure rogean/nilbog have even the slightest interest in doing that, if any interest at all left for blue server. Was fun for quite some time tho, I’d kill for AA’s or parts of Luclin to be added!
Old 10-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Banned

Time for a Rogean / Nilbog Update on where they want this server to go? Another 4-5 years and a merge with Green doesn't seem like something anyone wants.

There's absolutely nothing I want to do on Green, let's hear a long term prognosis. There's a lot of folks here who say Rogean and Nilbog couldn't care less about this server. I want to believe this isn't the case...prove them wrong?
Old 10-29-2020, 03:21 PM
Kobold

I would love to see AA's but I agree it wont solve Blue's problem of limited content.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

This won't solve anything, it would in fact exacerbate existing problems.

No player on p99 nor the content requires players to be more powerful / AA buffed.

What the end game scene on p99 requires is more raid content to spread out over.

Why not take an otherwise useless npc somewhere, buff it to level 75 and combined abilities of other bosses (DT, AE, Cone AE, Silence etc), give it some cool gear and laugh when guilds die
Old 10-29-2020, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not take an otherwise useless npc somewhere, buff it to level 75 and combined abilities of other bosses (DT, AE, Cone AE, Silence etc), give it some cool gear and laugh when guilds die
"did somebody say shenanegens?"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Don't need more raids, raiding is a stupid mode of gameplay as it is. More group and solo content would be much more useful and there are more non-raiders than raiders anyway at any given moment. Veksar would be cool.

Didn't care for alt. advance, I prefer being able to ignore the experience bar. It doesn't break the game for me, but it's not a preference.

Danth
Old 10-29-2020, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

All this does, is creates a situation where people who need to take a break from P99 or move on from it, will just stay even longer.. Server is clearly proving to be too top heavy. The bitching on raiding has reached new highs.

You can supply all these people who have 6 level 60 alts with epics and raid gear with all the AA's they need.. But they are still gonna camp your favorite camp every day.. They're still gonna have those epic bottlenecks on lockdown.. It just creates a reason for people who need to move on, to stay even longer sucking the life out of this server.

Plus i'd hate to see the day when folks have so many AA's they just be soloing dragons...
Old 10-29-2020, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Sorry, how does making characters more powerful promote sharing?

The same sort of people that have several level 60s now will just have several 60s with max AA after a period of time and these issues will be exactly the same as it is now.

Something that might work is to limit each real person to only having one character per server. That way when you're level 60 and get all your pixels you literally have nothing to do and move on. Doesn't sound very classic, neither does adding AA.
Closed Thread