Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-12-2021, 08:04 AM
Large Bat

Default Can't log in to my main, keep crashing

Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this issue has already been addressed, in which case my endless searches have not lead me to the solution yet.

I have been playing on P99 for a while now and enjoying my time like a kid. There has always been a small issue with infrequent zoning crash, and frequent log out crashes (which never really bothered me). About 3 months ago the crashing started getting out of hands.

On my druid, which is my highest level character and also my bank (important to note) I started crashing hard when zoning, then needed 3-4 attempts to be able to log in (logging into the character, finish the loading bar, freeze, have to end task and restart, wait for the delay to resync with the server and try again).

About 2 weeks ago, I ported into misty thicket and never loaded in. Tried multiple times to log back on and just never made it (I reach the character screen but my druid specifically just wont log into the server). This was very frustrating to me and since I could log into an other character, I started playing an alt, trying intermittently to log back onto my druid, without success.

Then the latest patch came. Updated my game, could log onto my druid again, barely any crashes for a bit. Things looked promising indeed! However, a few days later, the situation became even more dire... Now I get random lag crashes, can not log on to my druid at all (RIP my bank!!!). Its painful to play at all. Can't really engage in social such as grouping because I unreliably crash at any time. At this point, if I put 2 hours into the game, it will be maximum 30 minutes of play time, the rest spent crashing and trying to figure out *&!@#^&(#*&$@&*^ @#*(&$*@&^@#$*(&(&.

Any help would be fantastic!!!

I have undertaken a search operation to figure out what the issue is, but every thread that I find that relates to this issue is left unsolved.

Does anyone have a clue?

<3 P99
Old 05-12-2021, 08:12 AM
Large Bat

I'm trying with WinEQ 2 right now to see if there is any improvement
Old 05-12-2021, 08:21 AM
Large Bat

Well, it seems like WinEQ 2 is working. First attempt at logging onto my druid is a success.

I guess I needed to write down my issue in order to find a solution...

Will post again here if the crash occurs again!

Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 05-12-2021, 08:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by spez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it seems like WinEQ 2 is working. First attempt at logging onto my druid is a success.

I guess I needed to write down my issue in order to find a solution...

Will post again here if the crash occurs again!

Thanks everyone!!!!
Do you have your logs turned on? When my log file gets too big the client either takes a long time to zone or just crashes. I delete the log file and everything goes back to normal.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:40 AM
Large Bat

Hmm... Crashes still happening after all... Had a crash on zone and cant log back onto my druid anymore...

Help
Old 05-12-2021, 08:41 AM
Large Bat

oo I might, where can i turn them off?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:47 AM
Large Bat

Thanks Falditin, so far soo good with the log deleting method.

Soon as I deleted my logs (which to me don't seem that big) I could log on to my character. I guess I'm going to keep the folder open and deleting them frequently, but that sounds a lot better than not being able to log on.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:16 AM
Large Bat

Too good to be true... Lesson learned, no more early celebrations.

Still crashing when I zone, even with an emptied Log, running on WinEQ 2.

For some reason, some zones seem to be bigger culprits than others. If I port into Misty Thicket or Emerald Jungle, I'm playing with fire as there is a strong chance I won't be able to log onto my character for a hefty amount of attempts afterwards.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Large Bat

Dont know if this could help, but I saw this line in texture.txt

[Wed May 12 09:18:15 2021]00000:ResourceManager::CreateTexture(): unable to load "resources\sky\stars.dds" D3DX Error:Unknown DirectX 9 Error

Unknown DirectX 9 Error is present on multiple lines, along with many texture bmps (not found)

Any one know if potentially the game requires an older version of DirectX to run smooth as butter?
Old 05-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Usually I only take the files from the patches and not the sub folders.

RenderEffects
Resources
SpellEffects
uifiles

Delete these, and reinstall the folders from the patch again.

I keep a fresh install of titanium (not patched) to steal from just in case i mess things up too much so you might have to make a fresh install and take those folders, then install the patch? Butya trialAnderror