Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-20-2023, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played EQ in like 3 years. I need to stop taking a break but P99 is garbage now. Don't tell me when I've had enough!
Old 08-20-2023, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

why dont you take all this pent up rage and go help secrets w/ quarm instead of posting in rnf
Old 08-20-2023, 10:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why dont you take all this pent up rage and go help secrets w/ quarm instead of posting in rnf
Because Secrets wants to make another closed source garbage box server with Uthgaard whereas I want to make P99 better or create an open source community collaboration server. Secrets has posted for years now about wanting to run a server. I don't want to run a server it's a pain in the fucking ass and I don't blame P99 devs for walking on this community I only blame them for not admitting it and telling everyone.

Watch out for server admins desperate for power and to "run it all from behind the curtain" it never ends well. Uthgaard himself is already a notorious power tripping hack as a GM so it speaks volumes they're teaming up.
Old 08-20-2023, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

uthgaard is involved? lol
Old 08-20-2023, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Secrets wants to make another closed source garbage box server...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP is fully open source and Project Quarm will be as well. The server, while I'm going to keep it up forever.

https://github.com/SecretsOTheP/EQMacEmu
https://github.com/SecretsOTheP/quests

The DB will be uploaded in full with its era-accurate changes in the EQMacEmu repository on my Github.

I have the support of some of TAKProject's dev team - namely Torven, solar, and Elroz. Uthgaard will be assisting with content / expansion flagging as he did on Project 1999, and I'll spend time mentoring and assisting all disciplines, including the CSR team, as needed.

Feel free to contribute to the project. I'll be keeping a section for the development of the server even post-launch in Discord.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:33 PM
Orc

One thing I learned on P99 is that the devs try to make things classic based on things that were said on old forums like Alakazam etc.

Not even the OG EQ devs know 100% for sure how things were coded or how things worked. If I learned anything from the dev interviews it was "It probably was this" or "It might have been that". Somehow the original source code was lost and you can only guesstimate.

I do remember being a druid that I would get tons of fizzles at lower levels...like a lot.
Old 08-21-2023, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I learned on P99 is that the devs try to make things classic based on things that were said on old forums like Alakazam etc.

Not even the OG EQ devs know 100% for sure how things were coded or how things worked. If I learned anything from the dev interviews it was "It probably was this" or "It might have been that". Somehow the original source code was lost and you can only guesstimate.

I do remember being a druid that I would get tons of fizzles at lower levels...like a lot.
So instead of researching old forums and Alakazam, they are supposed to instead go by what you "remember"?
Old 08-21-2023, 09:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So instead of researching old forums and Alakazam, they are supposed to instead go by what you "remember"?
Have you read those forums? Half of the posts end up in people just calling each other faggots etc.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

Have you tried calling Rogean's work? I heard that has a 100% response and results rate.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you tried calling Rogean's work? I heard that has a 100% response and results rate.
Lol. One way ticket to Ban town. I'm honestly surprised Rogean and Nilbog even allow people like this here. If I were in charge of the server, I'd be handing out permabans to people like this left and right. I don't have the patience to deal with whiners.