Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-24-2023, 02:24 AM
Banned

now HUG
Old 08-24-2023, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still better than Blizzard’s communication has been at times…
..and we paid a monthly fee for that...
Old 08-24-2023, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop assuming conclusions and making these comparisons to emailing friends or whatever. If anything nilbog let the community know "possible channelling changes are on the radar". He doesn't need to tell all the status updates or if he's focusing on some other low hanging fruit or whatever.

You are assuming he 'isn't interested in continuing the conversation' when maybe he doesn't want to be pestered by folks or cry babies, or maybe has a policy of just contributing to the bug report rather than updating on status. I'm sure there's hundreds of other reasons, no clue why the conclusion is "well... devs think channeling is fine since he didn't say anything in 2 years. Must hate classic."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin does see an issue.
I want to be very clear: I'm literally not talking about Nilbog or his motivations here. I'm talking about Azxten.

Nilbog could have any number of reasons not to respond to Azxten, and I've expressed zero judgements about those reasons. What I said, and continue to believe, is that whatever his reasons for not responding, it's a simple fact that Nilbog didn't for two years ... and after two years of no response, I believe it's reasonable for Azxten (or anyone else) to feel a conversation has ended.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-24-2023, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Casters soloing Tserrina to farm a robe is easy mode and trivializes the content.

After the channeling nerf it will finally be a proper experience. A monk can stand in front of her and auto attack her until she's dead. Now we're fully immersed in Velious.
Old 08-26-2023, 05:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casters soloing Tserrina to farm a robe is easy mode and trivializes the content.

After the channeling nerf it will finally be a proper experience. A monk can stand in front of her and auto attack her until she's dead. Now we're fully immersed in Velious.
Pretty sure any channeling nerf, if it ever happens, will only apply to players. NPCs would continue to have their overpowered channeling skill.
Old 08-26-2023, 02:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

need endurance system in place to nerf them
Old 08-26-2023, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without getting into all the vitriol, I again, thank you for the interest/work you did regarding the subject of channeling. At the time it was posted, we had more source code devs than are active now, and (this one bug report) has not been finalized for a patch. If we use any portion of what you suggested, you will certainly be credited.
You're welcome and thanks for letting me troll people here so much.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

I dont feel trolled. Should I feel ripped off?
So many questions.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont feel trolled. Should I feel ripped off?
So many questions.
Yes, you should feel ripped off. Current day P99 is nothing like classic P99. I'd really like to recreate the nostalgia of classic P99 before we had the Wiki and knew everything.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you should feel ripped off. Current day P99 is nothing like classic P99. I'd really like to recreate the nostalgia of classic P99 before we had the Wiki and knew everything.
Good luck with that. I don't think anyone will support you on that. Maybe you can make a server for yourself, to play by yourself, and don't use the wiki.