Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-02-2024, 09:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did we arrive at a definitive answer yet? A quick summary of pages 1-461 would be great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
answered on page 1 by crede, rest is DSM sporting classic symptoms from the DSM

gl fellow peoples
Old 01-02-2024, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
four man vindi? maybe
I think if you didn't get called out for stalling (maybe early AM kill?) you might be able to do a 4 man Vindi with Ench/Ench/Cleric/Mage with a ton of prep. Mage holds Vindi aggroed with sky ring and corpsed box of the voids to prevent out of combat regen between Dictates, enchanters take turns dictating Yetarr and zoning before dictate break. Cleric keeps Yetarr up with sky neck off corpsed box of the voids. Factioned Mage pet pulls Yetarr and does the Vindi pull. Keep Yetarr from pathing back with snare off Ball of Yarn and keep him pacified so he stands there while dicatate recharges. Its the lowest man Vindi theorycrafting I've been able to figure out at least. You would also probably need to pull and kill the Temple Guardians first to keep them from causing problems.

Biggest problem with this approach is whether the mage gets pasted even with spamming instaclick DA, there is very limited wiggle room with Vindi wailing on you; you get 1 combat round, basically. On the plus side they only have to make it 2.5 mintues between dictates, and could heal up by moving out of melee range while Yetarr holds aggro.

You might also get there just charming Bvellos and a Trooper and healing them, but that's a very long fight for pet breaks to cause issues.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would go wizard over druid for hate minis. I think when you’re talking high value targets there’s competition as well on p99 so you need your own porter.

Highest value 4 mannable things I can think of: drusella, hate minis, fungi king, SG, ragefire.
A necro or ench can hold down DS solo, not sure if a shaman can if asked to clear by a competitor. Fungi king is gonna be a 2 man affair, soloing it is possible but kind of a party trick. The wizard can’t do much solo so probably hangs out with the ench/* to TL them as needed/help burn

If a shaman can hold DS solo then you can do shm/enc/clr/wiz and just dps down all the mushrooms or sub a nec for fd pulling the king. But I don’t think shaman is the class you want for DS and there’s nothing particularly ‘valuable’ they ‘unlock’ ie. a 3-man without shm can do the same targets, just with less manpower. But without the nec no fd pulls, the ench is mandatory and pretty much carries the group, wiz is mandatory to snipe earth staffs/shields/necro books. Shaman is like, oh we are allowed a 4th pick and we can’t just pick another ench lol

I’d go cleric for paci bracer and aego/ch but I don’t think the priest pick matters as much as people pretend it does
Harla Dar might get unlocked with Shaman, you need the high MR tank, extra slower, better Malo and Torp healing I think. Maybe Guardian Wurms? Both probably need harmony though, so would probably need shm/ench/clr/druid or something like that. You won't stop gate with the comp, so would need to fight Harla on spawn, and that's busy so you would need a dedicated Harmony/kiter to have a shot.

Puppet show, but that's doable with two people.

Epic Rogue MQs, maybe. Need a Wizard for hate ports for that and I'm not sure if there's good enough pets to try for a 4 man general or not.

Possibly Prince Thirneg? I'm not sure if Harmony is enough to pull him solo, you definitely need Harmony for any chance at him though. I don't think you can break into growth with a 4 man priest group though, unless Harmony works on the protectors to get the aggro radius down enough that people can zone in. 1 Cleric is also going to get their healing stressed pretty hard even on pets with Thirneg, he hits hard. Not sure if the math works out for that or not, but Druid/Ench/Ench/Cleric is probably the team if anything works.

What else...Chardok royals, maybe? I know people low man those with enchanters sometimes, but I haven't looked at it enough to really know what you need there, but I would guess probably not a shaman since I remember that solo artist cleric getting King with puppet strings, so you're probably getting carried by the enchanters and cleric in that one.

Keldor Dek`Torek, Guardian Kozzalym could both benefit from a factioned pet puller for FTE, but any 4th with a pet to ench/ench/cleric probably works.

Can you do Vaniki, maybe? Mage or Shaman might work, but the extra Malo/Mala difference might matter there, and Shaman is probably more likely to be able to tank once slowed. I think you need a caster to start tanking at least unless you memblur it (I don't think you're supposed to do that, but not 100% sure since its in that fuzzy kindof-but-not-really-a-raid-mob type of area) since I think the pets will get it into summoning range before they get get aggro off the slowers. He hits hard enough the shaman slow might also be needed for the extra effective 20% damage reduction going from 70%->75% slow.
Old 01-02-2024, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did we arrive at a definitive answer yet? A quick summary of pages 1-461 would be great [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read pages 1-3.

Or just these 4 posts (found on pages 1-3):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh this one is easy. Enchanter, Cleric, Mage, Necro.

Enchanter focuses on dps/slows & mez when needed
Cleric will be nuking most of the time but cheal is cool too
Mage provides malo/dps & coth when needed
Necro primary puller/cc & summon/shadowbond when needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter, Enchanter, Enchanter, Cleric.

3 charmed pets, cleric for oh shit. Extra chanters as disposable pullers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is a waste. All these things you speak of, the cleric/enchanter/mage can handle. The more the shaman does, the more mana the other classes will have just sitting there doing nothing with. Enchanter/cleric will have plenty of mana for slows/heals.

Mage can malo & do superior dps, and provide rods/coth when needed. Add in mage epic pet eventually, and it's gg.

Only situation where I like shaman more than mage is if you need to keep both torp/cheal goin to win...but I doubt that's the case for 99% of situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric and ench duo are already wickedly OP. Add a second ench for 2nd pet and backup cc and it’s that much easier. So yeah 3/4 are spoken for.

Remaining options:

-druid (lol no)

-wizard (lol even more no)

-shaman: gives you redundant slows you don’t need, heals you won’t need, buffs you won’t need, a pet that sucks and malo (value added). Dots will not add much as with 2 ench pets nothing is alive long. Malo is good but shamans don’t have a monopoly on this line. Shaman isn’t a terrible choice, but you’re bringing along a class that can’t contribute as much as other options

-mage: strong pet for additional dps and backup tanking (value added), malo (value added), mod rods (value added), coth (value added for both mobility and aggro wipe mechanics), pet haste masks (value added as pets are literally all your dps) … and when all else is covered and nothing else needed, nifty nuke burn potential.

-necro: decent pet choices for additional dps and backup tanking (value added), twitches (value added), additional cc (value added root and screaming), backup heals (probably not needed but value added), FD (value added and opens up some content), snare (meh but value added?), backup rez (value added) … and when all else is covered they can burn extra mana nuking stuff down or just twitching.

So yeah in this theoretical best of the best it’s either
-clr/ench/ench/mage if you don’t need a FD split
-clr/ench/ench/nec if FD split would be useful or at a tougher camp that may benefit from the expanded necro tool kit (but you lose malo)

Shaman are a top notch class but compared to mage or necro … relative dead weight only contributing redundant bs you don’t really need. A competent cleric can easily manage 2 charming enchanters cross covering cc … and healing a charm pet is so laughably easy you don’t need slow … and when you do enchanters can do that too last I checked.

I fully expect a literal tidal wave of dissenting responses from DSM but I call em like I see em.

Emphasis on my last line of first post.

Everything that needed to be said was said before page 4. Everything else is just verbal/typed diarrhea from DSM. Posts 31-4614 don't add much value to people who already understand this game. If you're bored it's definitely worth the read though -- - shit gets hilarious.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything that needed to be said was said before page 4. Everything else is just verbal/typed diarrhea from DSM. Posts 31-4614 don't add much value to people who already understand this game. If you're bored it's definitely worth the read though -- - shit gets hilarious.
As you can see, Troxx just posts nonsense like this when he loses arguments. He also bumps this thread when he loses arguments. It's 100% predictable. He wants to pretend he knows a lot because he leveled multiple characters to 60.

However, he didn't even know about Envenomed Bolt, when he leveled both classes with the spell to 60.

Just remember that Troxx couldn't even admit he was wrong when he posted this:

Quote:
Necro dots are quite fantastic when soloing. Very efficient. Very hard hitting.

In groups? You'll spend 2-3x the mana to do 25% of the damage vs just nuking/tapping.
It was trivial to disprove with a quick check of the wiki. He could have said he was just exaggerating, but his pride made him post a bunch of excuses to try and back out of it. He wants you to believe him having a level 60 Necromancer is some sort of evidence he knows what he is talking about. He also believes a bunch of nonsense about Shamans, even though he has a level 60 Shaman too. It is clear that he has leveled a lot of characters to 60, but hasn't played any one class enough to be an expert on a class. Leveling a character to 60 doesn't really mean anything. You can get power leveled to 60 without knowing anything about a class.

Quote:
This is still my answer for endgame farming, which was said in less detail on page 1:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=4604
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-02-2024 at 12:47 PM..
Old 01-02-2024, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-02-2024, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

chortles in Berg
Old 01-02-2024, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Eh porter/fd puller higher tier picks than second ench imo, p99 is a competitive box and fd lets you get fte while leaving blocking mobs up for example

Like I’m assuming these groups would compete vs each other
Old 01-02-2024, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like the jury hasn't come to a final decision.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh porter/fd puller higher tier picks than second ench imo, p99 is a competitive box and fd lets you get fte while leaving blocking mobs up for example

Like I’m assuming these groups would compete vs each other
then yes enc / cleric / wiz / necro wins