Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Banned

eat a hardboiled turd
Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that I've give more free gear and pl out than almost anyone on this server?
I can testify that Checkraise helped out my monk when I first started on the server. There were a few other individuals that have helped out through the levels (e.g., Andain), but HB's donation to a lvl 14 monk is still topic of conversation with my friends.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Banned

HB has never griefed me or pvpd me. And has offered to help me, may have even helped me.

But I can't speak for everyone.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

From a player who has very limited Red99 playtime I can only base my opinions on what I see when I log in. That being said, you can help a player out by giving him shit that's rotting in your bank when he's lvl 10, but will that really promote server growth when the second he turns 52 you corpse camp him into oblivion?

This is the only server I did not reach max level on because I quit after the first month of playtime, after hitting 35. Can you blame me? My entire guild would sit afk while I swarm kited for hours-- easy way to burn out :P

With that being said, what lvl 60 gets a hard on from corpse camping kids 8 lvls below him? On all the past servers I have played, I'd hardly even PvP the 52 and just leave him be, in hopes that he would hit 60 and provide some solid pvp competition. If Tune, you, and the rest of Nihilum are such nice guys then why can I find a high amount of posts on these forums that contradict your "bronze hero mentality?" I swear I just read a post from you saying that if SZ rules were implemented you would sit in Crushbone and kill lowbies all day because it was in your "blood."
Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Dunno considering I never corpse camped you. I'm also sure you're well aware of the logical fallacy of attributing the qualities of some people of a guild to others, especially one the size of Nihilum. I'm not lookin for pats on the back, that wasn't my intention, if I see someone I can help and it's not a bad/busy time I'll do so.

People just throw around the word "griefer", to every type of PVP engagement it seems. There are plenty of things my guild or other people do that I don't necessarily agree with, including corpse camping people in Hate. But, I have see on other occasions nizzar specifically instruct us not to go to Hate to kill Force, in order to help the server. In Red Dawn [incoming sighs], Nizzar let us get draco twice and even gave me strat for it. That's not someone trying to "grief" competition off the box. Again, on the other hand i do think nihilum does some things that might be in their interest but not the boxes. It's complex, which is why just calling people "griefers" to me just doesn't work.

Having said all of that, there are true "griefers", and there's quite a few of them I know I encountered them back in the good ol days of Red99, and to pretend that these people won't be a very real part of Teams99 would be a huge mistake. I'm not saying you need to code an entire ruleset around them, but to completely ignore any and all issues posed by griefing because you think they're so few in number or irrelevant, is in my opinion a grave error. I want this server to succeed, because it can only be good for red99 whether one merges to the other or vice versa, with a robust and vibrant community.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a player who has very limited Red99 playtime I can only base my opinions on what I see when I log in. That being said, you can help a player out by giving him shit that's rotting in your bank when he's lvl 10, but will that really promote server growth when the second he turns 52 you corpse camp him into oblivion?

This is the only server I did not reach max level on because I quit after the first month of playtime, after hitting 35. Can you blame me? My entire guild would sit afk while I swarm kited for hours-- easy way to burn out :P

With that being said, what lvl 60 gets a hard on from corpse camping kids 8 lvls below him? On all the past servers I have played, I'd hardly even PvP the 52 and just leave him be, in hopes that he would hit 60 and provide some solid pvp competition. If Tune, you, and the rest of Nihilum are such nice guys then why can I find a high amount of posts on these forums that contradict your "bronze hero mentality?" I swear I just read a post from you saying that if SZ rules were implemented you would sit in Crushbone and kill lowbies all day because it was in your "blood."
Playing with players is good. Chatting them up and creating a rapore is good. I do this on many toons over and over with random people. The trolls, the good guys, not so much Nihilum, mostly just their apps.

If you don't play with people they will see you as an inhuman character. Online interaction dehumanizes our social selfs.

I'm not saying get on a druid and PL them. I'm saying hang out in their zone, BS with them, Save them from a train. Help them single pull a mob thats just a lil hard for their group to get a nice drop. Rather than pling your epic twinks with druids, just grab a group and go slow. Everyone rushes to 50 and half of them alienate people otw because they want to skip what makes this game fun for a lot of us.

Or if you don't want to do that, go pvp with them, help them vs mrbigs. Ecoli does have a wizard, but I've not seen it online in weeks. Theres other players. But theres more griefers then there are socializer's.

Or roll alts and keep playing.

Glad to say I'm not a griefer even if I'm not BIS on 12 60's with manastones and trak teeth, soulfires.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 09-02-2013 at 08:15 PM..
Old 09-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doktoor +1 post man and good recap on the history of the Zek servers. I played on Vallon against you, and also on VZTZ with you (not sure if we were in opposing guilds there.)

Like some one said earlier, ultimately a teams PvP server is more blue but the thing is: a "more blue" team servers caters to MUCH more people.

Pros of a team server (as stated multiple times previously):

1) a safety net in which one can xp/farm content without having to worry about being killed.
2) psychological sense of belonging/association to a particular group. No I'm not talking about running half way across Norrath to save a elf getting CC'd by dark elves-- People who get CC'd are dumb, just log out for a few hours and do RL shit-- I'm talking about running through a zone and you see two dark elves beating on a wood elf druid. You, as the wood elf rogue will definitely sneak/hide, go behind those fgt wizards and continue to backstab them until their dead. Who honestly would turn the other way and just /laugh at his teammate getting slewn? Only a few of the die hard pvpers/griefers who I will provide a very valid point for:

The die hard Pvpers/griefers will play regardless of the ruleset so instead of catering to those select few degenerates: Heartbrand, Tune, Nihilum in general, Holocaust scum-- cater to semi bluebies who would love a new server.

A lot of the mind set at Red99 launch was "LOL I'm going to corpse/bind camp as many bluebies as I can to send them back to Blue99 LOL I'm SO COOL."

Make that shit a bannable offense. Make Corpse Camping illegal. Training illegal. Allow LnS if you're not a fgt who talks crap while looting his corpse. Implement a 8 lvl PvP Range (8 lvls is perfect-- no immortal healer lvl 4 crap-- no FFA lvl range lvl 50s camping lvl 10s in Crushbone.)

Overall though Devs, don't listen to a word that comes out of the mouth from any one with a post count over a thousand. Don't listen to the diehards who as a stated previously, will continue to play regardless. Listen to the masses who would absolutely LOVE a teams server (but don't have the voice/motivation to say so on these forums) in which griefing is very limited, if not a bannable offense.
I hope the Devs see this and implement this to some extent. No rules will just produce a grief fest that no one will stick around for.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting to become obvious you two have some kind of personality disorder. It's like you want the new box to fail so you can continue running around wallowing in shit on Red.

Some kind of self-loathing that makes you only want to play on a failed server. Really strange shit. Sometimes I forget how fucking weird people who live on the internet are.
I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps seek psychological treatment. You may be happier IRL with treatment then you will killing lvl 1s.
Closed Thread