Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Banned

Azure, the point is that people will use straw man logic just because they don't want to hear something that they don't agree with.

Example: I am for teams/item loot/whatever and this guy is not, so I will say that he just craves attention.

All I'm saying is, if you don't agree, point out the flaws. For instance, if you think that item loot is so terrific, then why, given the chance, did the bulk of the server try to switch servers?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see a lot of 1/2 truths, misinformation, and more than anything, opinions based completely off of individual desires for what a server would be for their particular play style, rather than making a server that would bring lots of people to it and lots of PvP. For what it's worth, I'm just trying to help, not trying to fit the server to how I would like it to be. (Most likely will not be playing on either server)
Thats the mistake of a person who seems to be new around here. It took forever for Rogean to un-trench from his "this isnt call of duty" position and cave in to removing xp loss in pvp. He didnt want lots and lots of pvp. Maybe because he thinks thats not why people play EQpvp, i dont know.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Tl;dr

Who fucking cares what your truth is for truthiness sake. Donate get shit changed, the end
Old 09-01-2013, 07:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

great OP Doktoor.

long live VZ.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Banned

good post

teams are a retarded idea
Old 09-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

-now that thread is in a somewhat more realistic place:
I was there too. But not for the whole ride. However the better question is.

Do teams accelerate this process that seems universal to all the EQ servers or rules sets?
I don't think they do in all cases, or have that much of an overall effect.

Would teams increase population? maybe? Would the server become more blue, yes overall.

I'de rather play on a vastly blue server with optional pvp AND a good population, rather then on a dead pvp server though.

But the current blue server is far too blue. Teams are a better compromise to /duel and /guildwar.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 09-01-2013 at 07:22 PM..
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

SZ was the culmination of EQ PvP. It was a ruleset specifically engineered by EQ devs to address the failures of RZ, TZ and VZ. No item loot. No crossteaming. No level ranges. No immortal healers, no naked casters, no frantic bagging of items or other incentives to avoid PvP. Just lots of meaningful PvP between teams competing for leveling spots, item camps and raid mobs. Big fights, small fights, multi-zone skirmishes. PvP everywhere. It was war, and it felt like it.

There's a reason that an SZ-like ruleset has the most vocal support. That's not some kind of accident. It's because the people who experienced SZ (most of whom also played on RZ or VZ/TZ, by the way) know for a fact that it is the EQ ruleset that created the most memorable server experience by far.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SZ was the culmination of EQ PvP. It was a ruleset specifically engineered by EQ devs to address the failures of RZ, TZ and VZ. No item loot. No crossteaming. No level ranges. No immortal healers, no naked casters, no frantic bagging of items or other incentives to avoid PvP. Just lots of meaningful PvP between teams competing for leveling spots, item camps and raid mobs. Big fights, small fights, multi-zone skirmishes. PvP everywhere. It was war, and it felt like it.

There's a reason that an SZ-like ruleset has the most vocal support. That's not some kind of accident. It's because the people who experienced SZ (most of whom also played on RZ or VZ/TZ, by the way) know for a fact that it is the EQ ruleset that created the most memorable server experience by far.
Its already an established fact on red99 that xp loss in pvp deters any contest of raid zones by underpopped factions. Ill beleive devs not implementing failed from the start rulesets when i see it.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yep. However kids with only live BLUE experience and then Red emu experience don't understand. If you haven't played it, its very foreign. It works, everyone who played on it will tell you the same thing. We have been searching for the same experience but no other MMO has re-created the experience that the SZ ruleset brought us. Contesting for exp zones, raid mobs, etc created natural PVP which was the best. You always had SOMETHING to fight for. In FFA you fight just to fight. People need motivation, or else their motivation turns to "I just want to be an asshole and camp kids".
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokannis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. However kids with only live BLUE experience and then Red emu experience don't understand. If you haven't played it, its very foreign. It works, everyone who played on it will tell you the same thing. We have been searching for the same experience but no other MMO has re-created the experience that the SZ ruleset brought us. Contesting for exp zones, raid mobs, etc created natural PVP which was the best. You always had SOMETHING to fight for. In FFA you fight just to fight. People need motivation, or else their motivation turns to "I just want to be an asshole and camp kids".
I dont get how fighting for camps/exp spots is different on a FFA server vs a teams server, maybe you can explain it to me. Oh its got exp loss in pvp, doesnt last for long and lets you focus on the important stuff (PVE), is that it?
Closed Thread