Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Default VZTZ IP exemptions whine thread

Secrets said last night till blue in the face that there was no time for IP exemptions, at least ATM. I just want to clarify what the stance and plan is.

My RL friend plays with his 3 sons and wont play unless they all play together, so our crew is kinda SOL unless IP exemptions happens.

Is is possible they're going to happen? Is there a timeline if so?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Aviak

I don't trust anyone who asks for an IP exemption to not 2 or 3 box by the end of the week. Always happens.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Kobold

rip roadblock crew
Old 07-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

Although there's people who 2-Box very well, it's impossible to 2-Box in Pvp without it being obvious that the person is 2-boxing.

IMO, the population's low enough that its not going to take a lot of GM time checking a few IP exempt folks. All you have to do is pop in on them and have ask them to type stuff in /say at the same time or observe PvP or observe movement.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rip roadblock crew
lolol
<Holocaust>
VZTZ
Old 07-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Although there's people who 2-Box very well, it's impossible to 2-Box in Pvp without it being obvious that the person is 2-boxing.

IMO, the population's low enough that its not going to take a lot of GM time checking a few IP exempt folks. All you have to do is pop in on them and have ask them to type stuff in /say at the same time or observe PvP or observe movement.
No GM would ever use 'typing at the same time' to prove someone is/isn't boxing. Aside from seeing it and going off a gut instinct that it is happening (which could still be wrong), the only surefire way is to check logs, and that takes a decent chunk of time, as the people who have access to those logs do other things for the game.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No GM would ever use 'typing at the same time' to prove someone is/isn't boxing. Aside from seeing it and going off a gut instinct that it is happening (which could still be wrong), the only surefire way is to check logs, and that takes a decent chunk of time, as the people who have access to those logs do other things for the game.
Funny, since when we were exping in Splitpaw on 2.0, a GM came and made us all hold conversations at once to make sure we werent being played by one person since there were 6 people there and he had an IP exemption.

But anyways, I listed 3 things. I think the most obvious way to see if someone is boxing is to see them moving (especially through a dungeon) or PvPing which is what else I listed.

Anyways, a server with 60 people on it at peak hours on opening night shouldn't want to lose 5 people on it.
Last edited by Doktoor; 07-11-2011 at 09:27 PM..
Old 07-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

EDIT: P1999 catches its 2boxers who just log on for a port...it cant be that difficult on a server with a 10th the population.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned

This community is totally trustworthy. I say give them out to exploi...I mean play together.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

You filthy deadbeats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCFDj...eature=related
Closed Thread