Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-20-2022, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But no one's going to take a wizard for anything and even if I did a pity tag along, they'd never dream of letting me loot anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would never let someone like me in.
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? You're making assumptions, false ones, and then based on those assumptions you're missing out.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Honest question that I've been asking for a year now.

I ask during yet another quake, and another rush by the guilds of this server to snipe the juiciest targets from each other using all the most elaborate and sometimes underhanded tactics they know. Why does it have to be like this though? What can a small guild or a new learning player do to try to raid knowing that a guild like Kingdom or Good Guys can just sweep on in, brush them aside, and take what they want?

Not just raids, either. Everything seems to be super competitive. Try to get a set of jboots as a 35 character when you're competing with 60 druids and such? Anything even the tiniest bit worthwhile seems to be contested.

It's just seriously depressing how cutthroat everything is. It honestly feels like you're going to get your head ripped off if you try to do anything more ambitious than a derv camp.
https://www.takproject.net
Old 12-20-2022, 08:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? You're making assumptions, false ones, and then based on those assumptions you're missing out.
I've applied to Kingdom once and they rejected me, so I wouldn't exactly call them false. Speaking entirely by experiences there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played there for a time, and as the only non-boxer there I was at a massive disadvantage, so I eventually quit.
Old 12-20-2022, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I appreciate the suggestion. I actually am working on that now, currently on shawl 3. The drops are definitely slow going, especially by myself, but i'm slowly but surely making progress. Definitely am anxious about the later parts though, as I don't have any enchanter friends so I will probably have to pay the exorbitant prices that they'll ask for their goods. I also don't have any 60 druid friends, and I'm honestly afraid to ask any of them for help. A druid who got that far is probably sick to death of being asked by random nobodies like me for things.
No problem. Plenty of people are willing to help others, you don't have to be friends with the Druid per-se. Worst case you can probably pay a level 60 Druid like 500pp to help you out for a little bit. It doesn't take too long for a level 60 Druid to kill a few Swordfishes for you. I've done the Shawl quest twice now, and the drop doesn't appear uncommon. The Molkor Hide will probably be the bigger issue on Green since it looks like it sells for 7k right now. Not sure what the specific reason is, either low population in SG or just higher prices due to more people doing the Shawl quest since the server is newer.

For the Enchanter stuff (I assume you are talking about the vials of viscous mana for Tailoring), you can do that yourself without too much effort. You only need to get an Enchanter alt to level 12 for https://wiki.project1999.com/Thicken_Mana , which generates https://wiki.project1999.com/Vial_of_Viscous_Mana . Just make them in the EC Tunnel so you can ask for Clarity and PoTG from the bored buyers/sellers. You don't need to level your tailoring all the way up to 200 for the Shawl 6 combine. Just get it to 158 via Wu's and roll the dice a few times. It's much easier/cheaper than getting tailoring to 200, and the fail rate isn't too bad at 158.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-20-2022 at 08:47 PM..
Old 12-20-2022, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Are you seriously telling me you cant be a warm body on this server?

Like you're not allowed to just show up at raids and get gear anuymore?

Im as causal as it gets but even I have been able to get fully raid geared by joining the zerg and just fucking up every raid night by being an idiot.

although, never mind, I was waking up at like 6am to raid before work, im a fuckn freak.

but DKP has always worked for me, as a casual.
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-20-2022 at 09:35 PM..
Old 12-20-2022, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I've applied to Kingdom once and they rejected me, so I wouldn't exactly call them false. Speaking entirely by experiences there.
It's false to say that because you applied to a guild and got rejected once, you can never again join that or any other raid guild.

Why did Kingdom reject you? If it was for levels, you can level up. If it was because you didn't come to enough raids, go to more during the app period next time. Whatever it was, unless it was "I was rude and made them hate me", it's not a permanent barrier to entry.

... and even if it was, there's also Good Guys, Safe Space, and heck even Castle (they actually do some high-end raiding). So yes, I think your claim that you can't raid is false, and more a function of negative thinking than reality.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-20-2022, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Got a good therapist? This may seem silly, but talk to them about your eq problems/life. I think they could really help you identify where you want to be and how to get there.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-21-2022, 12:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the Enchanter stuff (I assume you are talking about the vials of viscous mana for Tailoring), you can do that yourself without too much effort. You only need to get an Enchanter alt to level 12 for https://wiki.project1999.com/Thicken_Mana , which generates https://wiki.project1999.com/Vial_of_Viscous_Mana . Just make them in the EC Tunnel so you can ask for Clarity and PoTG from the bored buyers/sellers. You don't need to level your tailoring all the way up to 200 for the Shawl 6 combine. Just get it to 158 via Wu's and roll the dice a few times. It's much easier/cheaper than getting tailoring to 200, and the fail rate isn't too bad at 158.
Yup I was talking about those. Not really sure I want to level an enchanter though, even if I got one to 12 and got the spell somehow that's 200 mana, would take me forever to make the things, lol. I dunno, I'll figure something out there. Still have a long time before I can think about it anyhow. Spent all day in EW and not a single snow griffin egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you seriously telling me you cant be a warm body on this server?

Like you're not allowed to just show up at raids and get gear anuymore?
Doesn't seem that way. At this stage in the game, what chance does a brand new raider have to get a piece of gear, anyway? Most of you probably have thousands of that DKP stuff amassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's false to say that because you applied to a guild and got rejected once, you can never again join that or any other raid guild.

Why did Kingdom reject you? If it was for levels, you can level up. If it was because you didn't come to enough raids, go to more during the app period next time. Whatever it was, unless it was "I was rude and made them hate me", it's not a permanent barrier to entry.

... and even if it was, there's also Good Guys, Safe Space, and heck even Castle (they actually do some high-end raiding). So yes, I think your claim that you can't raid is false, and more a function of negative thinking than reality.
It probably was because of level, but I wasn't trying to join immediately to raid. Obviously couldn't as a lower level. I honestly just wanted to make some friends and have some people to talk to while I leveled up, so at least by the time I did get to raid with them, there'd be some familiarity.

It did honestly hurt getting rejected by them.

Anyhow it just really seems like there isn't much of a chance to do anything here. I'd love to know that isn't the case, that there is actually some hope out there, but from my perspective it's just not there.

Also, please don't recommend Castle. I was in there very briefly and got chewed out by them for pulling a mob. Felt no sense of inclusion or comraderie there during my time. I haven't had any good experiences with members from that guild. Good Guys probably wouldn't accept me either, being on the same level as Kingdom, and I'm still not certain about Safe Space.
Last edited by tadkins; 12-21-2022 at 12:28 AM..
Old 12-21-2022, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

Such an emo attitude. Ffs your life must be more miserable than mine.

The best way to get raid loot without being hard-core is tracking. All raid guilds need trackers. Get your requirements right for the best guild and apply. It's a fucking video game dude. It's not reserved for sp3cial ppl. Any of them will let you in with a lvl 60 and the required mr keys w/e. If your track 2 hrs a day or something and make the raids you can, you'll get your loot. And yes they will have a tracker for you to log into. You don't need a ranger or Druid. Lots of targets can be face tracked as well if you wanna go park your nontracking toon

I see this over and over again on these forums. Ppl act like they have to buy their epics and can't drop shit them selves. Just fucking play th3 darn game and stop farming pp and grinding in kc you miserable losers. You can't even win a fucking video game that was designed for you to win. Fucking losers!
I'm gonna go feel guilty about being such a dick now. Good luck with being a pussy. I'd tell you to call your mom and ask for help but you probl alrdy whining to her
Old 12-21-2022, 02:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

They would never let someone like me in.
What does that even mean? Are you notorious and have been banned multiple times? Kicked from GG before? Or are you assuming because you are “casual” you’ll never be allowed in? Seems to me like you are setting your self up not to have a chance instead of trying. Why exactly won’t a guild like GG let you in?