Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-17-2020, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edited for clarity:

But to be clear, I still appreciate Blistig's volunteer efforts very much! I certainly am not volunteering to moderate this place!

I just think this decision was a mistake: if the goal is to get people to follow the rules, leading with "and I'm not going to follow the rules", says what exactly? Especially when it's based on imagining whether someone will cry about being a victim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I mean, these are forum accounts we're talking about, not game accounts. Lulz is on what, his 10th one now? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Getting banned from the forum just means you lose your post count: there's no need to put the kid gloves on. If anything this will create more whining ("why did I get banned when you let those other people off with a warning?")

It's not too late though: Blistig you can always say "I was trying to be a nice guy as the new mod, but the forum has convinced me the rules we write should actually matter, so I revoke what I said earlier." And even if you do cut people some slack anyway ... do it behind the scenes, not as a big "I'm flouting the rules so you guys better pay attention to them" gesture.
I just want to know what changes we should expect. The rules haven't been enforced in this section for a long long time. It'll be a bloodbath if users aren't aware things are different now.

Thank you for the effort you put in into not answering my question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-17-2020, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

I was more "riffing off of your point" (and going off on a tangent about my lack of sympathy for rule breakers) than trying to your question [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was more "riffing off of your point" (and going off on a tangent about my lack of sympathy for rule breakers) than trying to your question [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All good dude, the last sentence is an attempt at "trolling" as an example or sample text.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

This is why we can't have nice things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one voice who stood up for the riot thread in it's early stages. It saddens me to see certain people can't keep it together and stay on topic in a mature respectful way.

Thank You Blistig and all staff.

Edit: Galach did give us a warning early on.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-17-2020 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: "give them an inch they'll take a mile"
Old 06-17-2020, 09:51 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Thank you, Blistig.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Are all the trannies military veterans? And white? This is how Rome fell
Old 06-18-2020, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why we can't have nice things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one voice who stood up for the riot thread in it's early stages. It saddens me to see certain people can't keep it together and stay on topic in a mature respectful way.

Thank You Blistig and all staff.

Edit: Galach did give us a warning early on.
To be fair the riot thread has run it's course. What should have happened is people should have just stopped posting in it because you know, the thread was about the riots and objectively there are no more riots and everything that needed to be said about them was. Instead we had the mentally ill alt-brigade start their narcissitic circle jerk of doxxing and rape accusations.

I would have preferred the thread locked and whatever the last couple of offending posts deleted instead of the entire thread being thrown into the memory hole because there was a lot of good discussion and points made. Maybe the new guy will understand there are other options besides the nuclear but whatever really.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:56 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Old 10-28-2020, 09:27 AM
Banned

bArKs
Old 02-25-2021, 04:41 AM
Fire Giant

Shits sick all the way around, even worse online.

Games broken is all Loramin.