Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 01:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes!

have you ever smoked weed daily for 30 consecutive days?
No I don't think so.

Do you think this community is made up of mostly mentally unwell individuals?
Old 02-27-2021, 01:54 AM
Banned

Yes. It's the natural side effect of living in drug addled depravity.

Do you think we should grow our own food?
Old 02-27-2021, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Ya'll gonna have to fill me in on this one.
Old 02-27-2021, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. It's the natural side effect of living in drug addled depravity.

Do you think we should grow our own food?
No, I don't think that's feasible in today's society. Make our own food, absolutely. You can attribute most of our chronic health conditions to diet driven by convinience (and also living longer due to no lack of nutritional needs / medical advances to be fair). Still, you eat less and better when you have to prepare it yourself. I think if we had to grow our own food, you'd see a way higher mortality rate for whatever headpats you give yourself for self-sufficiency.

You ever have to fuck over a dear friend for (what you hope is) your mutual benefit?
Last edited by Cecily; 02-27-2021 at 04:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2021, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsnowls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll gonna have to fill me in on this one.
You answer the current question yes/no, and then posit a question.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I don't think that's feasible in today's society. Make our own food, absolutely. You can attribute most of our chronic health conditions to diet driven by convinience (and also living longer due to no lack of nutritional needs / medical advances to be fair). Still, you eat less and better when you have to prepare it yourself. I think if we had to grow our own food, you'd see a way higher mortality rate for whatever headpats you give yourself for self-sufficiency.

You ever have to fuck over a dear friend for (what you hope is) your mutual benefit?
Yes. One of my bands had a drummer that was always 30-120 minutes late and always played too loud. After trying for far too long to work with him and to get him to play quieter sometimes, we fired him. Over the next year or two, he became much more timely and professional, and had developed great control over his volume. That same band ended up hiring him again after that. Only now, his ability to play quietly made him sound that much more badass when he let loose and played loud.

It sure felt awkward to literally fire my friend, but by giving him a consequence, we actually helped him. Now, I would play with him any chance I get, or recommend him to any artist in a range of styles.

Have you ever lost an opportunity/job/gig because of something that was totally your fault?
Last edited by Videri; 02-27-2021 at 06:05 PM..
Old 02-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. One of my bands had a drummer that was always 30-120 minutes late and always played too loud. After trying for far too long to work with him and to get him to play quieter sometimes, we fired him. Over the next year or two, he became much more timely and professional, and had developed great control over his volume. That same band ended up hiring him again after that. Only now, his ability to play quietly made him sound that much more badass when he let loose and played loud.

It sure felt awkward to literally fire my friend, but by giving him a consequence, we actually helped him. Now, I would play with him any chance I get, or recommend him to any artist in a range of styles.

Have you ever lost an opportunity/job/gig because of something that was totally your fault?
Yes. When I was working at Maxis, I smoked a bowl on my lunch break and was reported to HR by a former subordinate at EA who "anonymously" tried to snitch me out when I was working at EA with him on my test team. I never suspected him until he did it the second time, with success.

I pieced it together a few years later and looked him up on LinkedIn, where I reported his car parked in his employer's parking lot to my baseball bat. He had recently posted pictures of his new car to his Facebook.

Do you believe in God?
Old 02-27-2021, 08:53 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2021, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. When I was working at Maxis, I smoked a bowl on my lunch break and was reported to HR by a former subordinate at EA who "anonymously" tried to snitch me out when I was working at EA with him on my test team. I never suspected him until he did it the second time, with success.

I pieced it together a few years later and looked him up on LinkedIn, where I reported his car parked in his employer's parking lot to my baseball bat. He had recently posted pictures of his new car to his Facebook.

Do you believe in God?
ok now i know for sure you're either not married or she's fat.

yes I do, for I find the singularity of my point of view very strange. I still can't understand why, if I were only a bag of meat and chemical processors, I wouldn't simply function as an automaton. Like I get why my meat body walks around doing what it do, but why am I IN here observing things driving it? The thing would work perfectly just as well if it were just clockwork and didn't project into this round surface I perceive things through first-hand. also things have a strange way of "coming together" for me with extremely wild odds so yes I believe God exists & loves me, or at least that I am not on the base level of reality.

have you ever been in a jail cell overnight?
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 02-28-2021 at 02:24 AM..
Old 02-28-2021, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

You're a spirit piloting a bone and tissue mech suit. Pretty cool huh ? (work out, upgrade your mech suit)
Consider skateboarding, seek Christ

Ohh and night in a jail cell, Yes. Cops and weed don't mix Randy
Last edited by GinnasP99; 02-28-2021 at 07:37 AM..
Closed Thread