Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Default Does Green economy seem odd?

Just something I've noticed. Does anyone else think the economy is odd on Green? I was making a twink, something I hadn't done before on Green, and after actually participating in EC tunnel for several hours things seem off.

First, there is the near constant spam of Loam armor for sell due to the Hole. That's whatever but it seems to take up the place of other items. I couldn't find just basic melee gear all day. The market just seems saturated with repetitive garbage no one wants and no variety. Same few people spamming the loam all day, high end item sellers from guilds, EC mule resellers trying to price gouge, and that's mostly it.

Second, and I'm guilty of this, it seems like people use Blue pricing to determine Green pricing. Is anyone else doing this? If I'm looking at a twink item and let's say it costs 10k on Green but I see it's 4k on Blue, I have to ask myself, is this item worth such a major depreciation? After all we'll all end up on blue. Why not just wait and buy the item there or at a minimum buy an item with less severe depreciation? I did this for my melee buying a lot of lower end trash items because the pricing between Green/Blue is very similar. If I had no expectation of a Blue merge I would have bought a much different set of items.

Third, the "UN" guilds seem to also be participating in price fixing for common high end items. I don't know if this is true or not it's just something I've noticed. Green and it's "UN" alliance is odd in more than one way but it also seems to be killing some of the magic of the market as you see "firm" pricing across multiple guild bank auctioneers.

Does anyone else think the market on Green is messed up, odd, etc? Why? What can be done?
Old 03-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Banned

The xp highway has ruined this game
Old 03-06-2021, 01:11 PM
Banned

everyone wants blue prices on green
Old 03-06-2021, 02:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The xp highway has ruined this game
People always want to lay blame and scapegoat ZEMs and numbers, but guess what, it's the players' fault. It's YOUR fault and mine. Most people never want to look at or acknowledge themselves as potentially being the source of a problem.

People always complaining about such and such not being classic, while ignoring that the least classic thing about p99, by far, is YOU, the player. For example, the places I remember spending time at the most in live were derv camps in North Ro and the sarnak fortress in LOIO. In p99, nobody touches thoses. They've just been sitting deserted because we are different people now in 2021 and everyone's just trying to do what's optimal. In live I didn't even know what manastones or jboots were and I didn't care, but now that's all people care about it feels like at times.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Took me 3 week to find an MOSS for my SK alt and that was with both posting on forums and auctioning in game.
Old 03-06-2021, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I only notice two things

1. Blue pricing IS effecting green in various ways. People use blue to make green prices and do wacky things rather then use real demand vs supply

2. We are between eras. We are currently in Kunark, where players are sticking themselves in crappily looty places at endgame like the hole. I was alone in Lower guk the other day. It was wacky.
Old 03-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I have had the same experience. Seems like the same few people trying to sell loam last few times I’ve been in EC.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

That's because the hole is where everyone is. Because there are limited good spots to camp. It's very limited resources up for a lot of contention.

There's a reason mmorpg's aren't like classic EQ anymore - because a lot of EQ is just objectively bad game design.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because the hole is where everyone is. Because there are limited good spots to camp. It's very limited resources up for a lot of contention.

There's a reason mmorpg's aren't like classic EQ anymore - because a lot of EQ is just objectively bad game design.
Which goes to the argument of adjusting the ZEMs on Green, if only to spread the population out more.

90+% of everyone level 50+ XPing exclusively in The Hole is certainly not "classic feeling" at all.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:09 AM
Orc

100% ZEM outdoors, 150% on dungeons. Problem solved.