Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 06:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ was designed as a cooperative PVE game. P99 has turned it into a PvP game, or perhaps, GVG.

Don't even start the crap about how competitive raiding was on live. It wasn't. I was there and anyone who feeds you that line of crap wasn't. There were only a tiny fraction of the high level players on live that exist on P99 during the Velious time frame. No one trained your ToV raid, ever, not even by accident.

So those of us who want to experience classic Everquest most certainly want to keep playing on P99. We would like to go to ToV as well. What we don't want to do is spool up our own EQ server to practice ridiculous pulls to the zone using a dozen people and thousands of plat worth expendables and deal with five other guilds all doing the same.

ToV was never designed with that in mind. It's a corruption of the content forced by overpopulation at the high-end and the absolute worst idea ever in EQ, the FTE rule.

FTE:

1) Forces guilds that want to do the content to be able to field a large enough force quickly. This leads to:
2) Huge guilds of high level players so that a raid force can be mustered 24/7 which leads to:
3) Huge numbers of players in those guilds all wanting loot.

3 simply reinforces the whole thing and makes those guilds be even more competitive to the point of sheer assholery.

My guild was one of the first (and one of only three though the third just did Hot) guilds to enter ToV on our live server. Total guild population was about 60 members. Raids were always 25-35 players, maybe 45 for a big raid. Cooperation with the other guild was essential and we never had a problem. We didn't have the mouths to feed pixels to either.

That's pretty much what ToV was designed for. At the time it was released only the top 1% of EQ players ever saw it. The release of WoW and the dumbing-down of every MMO since and the idea that raiding was for everyone gives people the impression today that ToV was made for everyone. It wasn't. Almost no one saw it except on the Internet. Probably an average of less that 300 people ever even made it across SG before Luclin was released on a live server.

On P99 ToV has become a race to completely bastardize the zone using tactics, exploits, expendables, and skullduggery to beat the other guy to tag the target first and, hopefully drag it back to your zergs at the zone line.

What? Lately I hear about CoTH mages set up in certain spots so one guild can summon a player to tag a mob just as the other puller feigns (intended to be picked up by a guildmate) in order to get a new FTE to steal the pull. I mean really? This is Everquest to you guys?

You have completely corrupted a classic game and it's a shame.
#Rootthedragons

Braknar didn't go far enough. Enforce a rotation and root them at the same time. See how many stick around when they can't pull their pixels to the zone in
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Banned

Many Wives had a sigh of relief!

EQ addicted husbands ended the struggle.

The Wives had no need to divorce when said husband(s) took their own life.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaKan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the reasoning behind this ? I would really love to know. Do anyone actually wants this ? There are tons of emulated servers with instances or raid rotations..... Why should anyone keep playing on p99 now ?
The manchildren of P99 broke the staff. They forgot this is a free service and felt entitled to the GMs time and effort. Every shitty behavior justified with "BUT MUH COMPETITION!" I have very little doubt these high-end guilds will have plenty of players who are now going to line up to monopolize trivial content. Cause that's the mentality of these players, "if I can't get what I want, no one will!"

So why P99? How about every single activity/content you can consume outside of ToV? Try the ALS playstyle/mentality and enjoy classic in a classic manner without participating in a broken economy. I mean, we have this classic version of EQ and most seem to do their best to avoid it in order to participate in the LEAST classic activity on P99, i.e. the raid scene.

What if you feel like there's nothing left to do? MOVE ON.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vulak pop... dont fucking touch it, it's ours.
If that was the agreement between the two guilds, absolutely.

See how easy that is if you stick to an agreement and don't get greedy?

Of course you don't. You've never played EQ without the greed of 300 guild members screaming for loot.

A rotation like this is just a server-management enforcement of the rules we made among ourselves back in the day. It's a heck of a lot more "classic" than FTE ever had a hope of being.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We get it bro, you're guild was the best on live and never did anything on a completely different game 20 years ago. Definitely a viable tactic to, in one part of your post, claim live guilds never competed but base your entire argument on the basis of said same live guilds from 20 years ago.

I'm sold, pack it up boys.
The problem is that it's not a completely different game. As a matter of fact a lot of effort has gone into making it as close to the 20 year-old game as possible.

The game is the same, it's the players and the circumstances that are different. Most notably the time-line is so stretched there are way too many high level players for the content.

What I get fed up with is people claiming that this cutthroat behavior we see on P99 is "classic". I suppose, if they had delayed the Luclin launch by, say, five years, it could have been, but it wasn't. Considering the P99 raiding scene to in anyway resemble live is a gross misrepresentation.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vulak pop... dont fucking touch it, it's ours.
Ur are close to the most retardeds and angry persons ever. I speaker in the simple way so you can understand. How many guilds have you beens a white knight foor? Huur
Old 02-05-2019, 07:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ur are close to the most retardeds and angry persons ever.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2019, 07:15 AM
Fire Giant

Bias is easier to read on this thread than the bias on Fox news
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-05-2019, 07:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huur
Old 02-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Sarnak

At the very least, this change has shown us that AM has no shortage of loud and irritable members.

Having pixels taken from you stings a thousand times worse than receiving that dreaded call from family or friends, who are wondering if you're still alive.
Closed Thread