Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you even trying to get shady?
I am camped there now and I just posted the timer earlier in the other thread. But nice attempt to dismiss what I'm saying by using your "authority" as the lucky first neckbeard in line, instead of engaging with what I actually said and considering what's actually best for the server.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2019 at 02:04 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am camped there now and I just posted the timer earlier in the other thread. But nice attempt to dismiss what I'm saying by using your "authority" as the lucky first neckbeard in line, instead of engaging with what I actually said and considering what's actually best for the server.
Having you state that, ensures to me me that you're not just blowing smoke. I can see how this system gets complicated and crumbles after about 20 shadies. I don't really like the thought of rolling. Tbh. Can make angry a camp. U sit ur but down at the spawn during the window and sock it up. Sorry you didn't get your report yet. Maybe one of these months you will win a roll
Old 02-13-2019, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My suggestion: People should have been talking about this a year and a half ago.
This was discussed a year and a half ago, actually. :/
Old 02-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having you state that, ensures to me me that you're not just blowing smoke. I can see how this system gets complicated and crumbles after about 20 shadies. I don't really like the thought of rolling. Tbh. Can make angry a camp. U sit ur but down at the spawn during the window and sock it up. Sorry you didn't get your report yet. Maybe one of these months you will win a roll
So, my thought is that we should pick the system that makes the most sense, not pick it based on whether one person "likes the thought of rolling" or not.

And then what was that at the end? It seemed like a "back-handed" insult for not winning a roll that's happened twice (and wasn't even a roll this last time) ... like my opinion has less validity because of the RNG?

Dude what happened to new and improved Bbeta? You were super pro-community and helping the server a few weeks ago. Did you finally give up any hope of the staff restoring your banned accounts and now you're just like "fuck it, I'll be a jerk and push for the system that most benefits me then?"

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2019 at 02:43 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

I don't blame Bbeta. I bet 90% of this server would do the same if they were in the same situation.

"Do you want to support an option that guarantees you get the turn in within the next few days or roll for it and possibly spend the next few years trying to finish it?" Most people that say they would volunteer to possibly spend years on one quest are full of shit.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't blame Bbeta. I bet 90% of this server would do the same if they were in the same situation.

"Do you want to support an option that guarantees you get the turn in within the next few days or roll for it and possibly spend the next few years trying to finish it?" Most people that say they would volunteer to possibly spend years on one quest are full of shit.
I absolutely don't blame anyone for promoting their own interests, that's the default thing for people to do. If all Bbeta said was "I was here first, and the best thing for me would be to have a list" I couldn't fault him at all.

However, I do fault someone pretending that they're advocating for the good of the server, when they're really advocating for themselves. Maybe Bbeta truly and sincerely believes a list is the best and most fair way to handle it ... but I find that hard to believe since he even admits it's doomed to fail when the list gets long enough.

Also, Bbeta has been a really good dude, helping people out for months now. I think I'm maybe being harsher on him because I'm so surprised by the shift, and I guess that's not fair at all; I suppose I really should act the opposite, and give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past good deeds. Apologies to Bbeta for that (that "Maybe one of these months you will win a roll" bit just made me feisty).

Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2019 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, my thought is that we should pick the system that makes the most sense, not pick it based on whether one person "likes the thought of rolling" or not.

And then what was that at the end? It seemed like a "back-handed" insult for not winning a roll that's happened twice (and wasn't even a roll this last time) ... like my opinion has less validity because of the RNG?

Dude what happened to new and improved Bbeta? You were super pro-community and helping the server a few weeks ago. Did you finally give up any hope of the staff restoring your banned accounts and now you're just like "fuck it, I'll be a jerk and push for the system that most benefits me then?"
this post goes from zero to 100 real quick

lets set the record straight. i am 100% for the community here. Speaking of my bans with out any prior knowledge of whats really going on is something i do not condone. And i take it as you're not being very friendly and attempting to rustle feathers(aka anti community)

my post is a little snarky but not a sign of me giving up. i am pro competition and i am pro community. This community is competitive and if you can not see that, /shrug, thats on you bud. Forcing people to roll on a spawn A to get to spawn B to have to roll again is far from competitive and IMO not something thats in the best interest of the server. IMO this should be handled like Holgresh Elder Beads, a list. This is not storm feather this is not lodi. these are entirely different encounters. Hell we still dont even know what angry's spawn is going to be like. So to debate weather or not to roll should be the matter of topic. not weather or not i approve or disapprove of GM decisions regarding personal matters to me.

I think you have shared your thoughts. now lets let other people chime in.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
this post goes from zero to 100 real quick

lets set the record straight. i am 100% for the community here. Speaking of my bans with out any prior knowledge of whats really going on is something i do not condone. And i take it as you're not being very friendly and attempting to rustle feathers(aka anti community)

my post is a little snarky but not a sign of me giving up. i am pro competition and i am pro community. This community is competitive and if you can not see that, /shrug, thats on you bud. Forcing people to roll on a spawn A to get to spawn B to have to roll again is far from competitive and IMO not something thats in the best interest of the server. IMO this should be handled like Holgresh Elder Beads, a list. This is not storm feather this is not lodi. these are entirely different encounters. Hell we still dont even know what angry's spawn is going to be like. So to debate weather or not to roll should be the matter of topic. not weather or not i approve or disapprove of GM decisions regarding personal matters to me.

I think you have shared your thoughts. now lets let other people chime in.
My stepdad is black
Old 02-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Also, Bbeta has been a really good dude, helping people out for months now. I think I'm maybe being harsher on him because I'm so surprised by the shift, and I guess that's not fair at all; I suppose I really should act the opposite, and give him the benefit of the doubt because of his past good deeds. Apologies to Bbeta for that (that "Maybe one of these months you will win a roll" bit just made me feisty).

apology accepted. i retorted before reading this but not deleting it.

and correction. helping people out for months now needs to be changed to years. been helping people make gains since 2011
Last edited by Bbeta; 02-13-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Old 02-14-2019, 12:35 AM
Banned

Bbeta is all about Bbeta.

When was the last time you bumped your giving back to the server thread? Truth is you went on a grand crusade to get unbanned and it worked. Shameless and disgusting, but kudos for getting it done.
Closed Thread