Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rambling of someone who failed to read the play nice policy or server rules. Nothing to see here....
Rambling of someone who failed to read any D&D manual or dev inspiration of EQ. Nothing to see here.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2019, 03:10 AM
Aviak

Hahaha... oh God I'm glad I saw this thread. I'm on vacation right now but this was because of me.

A friend I made earlier that day and I were camping the 4th floor keeping it entirely locked down. As people showed up we would invite them so they could join us. Our group was 3-4 people most of the day. Then OP then showed up suddenly and runs in and - I shit you not - yells that guards are FTE and we better not steal anything he tags first. It was like a fuckin' macro he had ready or something, lol. He didn't ask. He didn't camp check. He didnt talk to us. He didnt ask to join. He just ran in like fuckin John Cena or some shit with a microphone.

Our group was camped right outside the hidden hall opening which is a central location on the 4th. We were each pulling from a different direction to that central spot where all 3 of our pets were camped. We told him, nicely, the floor was camped by our group and we had been holding it for a while. Our group grew fluctuated from a duo to 3-4 because we happily invited people that came up looking for exp even though we easily kept all the spawns down ourselves. We were legit nice and respectful to everyone while holding the camp. We would have even invited this jackass had he not just barged in thinking he was hot shit and declaring the 4th was now his jurisdiction.

Once we made it clear that our group was camping the floor and he needed to move elsewhere... God, the desperate pleas to OOC began. Sometimes looking for support. Sometimes trying to convince people that he was in the right. The people who had been in zone for a while told him to act like an adult and respect our camp as we had been there a while. Some people tried to explain to him that he was wrong -- that is, his belief that our group couldn't camp the guards specifically and nothing else about the situation mattered. Then someone told him to stop being a beta cuck making cringeworthy ooc statements. That guy must have been from Red, lol.

After his time in OOC, he moved into the hidden hallway like 10 feet from us, right on the other side of the hidden wall, and declared in OOC emphatically that the entire hidden hallway, DE necro chick included, was now his exclusive camp. Because our group was pulling to a spot a little down around a corner, and not killing right at the spawn point, our camp was considered forfeited and vacant and thus claimed by him. A true hippy squatter indeed.

I told him to fuck off at that point so he went back to rambling about how we were wrong about camps and because it was an outdoor zone he could take whatever he wanted and blah blah blah. The reason he gave me was something like he had been leveling here for 10 levels and he heard someone say that they heard someone say that you couldn't camp anything in an outdoor zone. Or something ridiculous like that. His cousin's roommate's e-girlfriend's Uncle's coworker. Or something. We could make a weekly podcast with all the dumb shit people do and say in Highkeep. Luckily most people are cool though.

We eventually invited him to our group just so he'd stop bitching. Almost every encounter we had that day was cordial, with the exception of two different solo monks, go figure. Both incessantly bitched in ooc. One joined us. The other spent his time trying to take our spawns making sure to yell FTE each time.

There was no respect. No communication. No asking. Just... I'm here and this is mine now because reasons. And now I see this thread. LOL. What a little cunt. Dude: you showed up and acted like you owned the place and the world owed you. You were a complete prick. Then once we didn't just let you walk in and have your way, you started trying to gather support in OOC like you were trying to turn the zone against us or something. People didn't agree with you then - they mostly told you it was a camp and our group had been there - and the rest told you to act like an adult and respect what other players are doing in the game. Then when OOC didn't work you came crying to the forums where, again, no one agrees with you. Grow the fuck up -- the world does not revolve around you. FFS...

It's unfortunate blue doesn't have the same player dispute system as red. Though I imagine this fella would have quit long ago in that case. Sorry for such a long reply. I'm long winded... but this was ridiculous-funny.

Anyways. I'm a level 42 Necro. I've had mostly good experiences so far on this server, even in Highkeep. Yes, this is my main, and even I know how to not be a cunt to other people and make friends. I used to play red for a bit, but I didnt like the ghost town. Now I'm here. I've met some cool people and had some good times. Highkeep has been great for me. I've gotten great exp and I've made some friends. OP could learn a thing or two. Behave like a decent human. Respect other people. Be nice. Have fun. Boom, now you've made friends and getting great exp.

To my Highkeep pals I've made... I'll be back around the 22nd ready to grind my way up.

Prydaa. Necro and shit.
Last edited by Pryda; 03-12-2019 at 03:20 AM..
Old 03-12-2019, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He just ran in like fuckin John Cena or some shit with a microphone.

Logs!

... Hey dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 03-12-2019, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rambling of someone who failed to read any D&D manual or dev inspiration of EQ. Nothing to see here.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say that as if it makes any kind of difference for the server rules of P99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2019, 04:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermoonbeam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the rules here? Had I known you could camp an entire floor I would have been doing this from the start but we all just run around flailing are weapons at guards. If I see someone literally sitting on where a guard spawns sure I'll just leave it be, they've made a point.
Come to Red.

The rules are:

1) Take what XP camps you want, when you want, how you want.

2) Defend them as necessary. They are yours, right? Destroy those you can and ally with those you cannot.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 03-12-2019, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Come to Red.

The rules are:

1) Take what XP camps you want, when you want, how you want.

2) Defend them as necessary. They are yours, right? Destroy those you can and ally with those you cannot.
All camps are open on red. There is noone to take them from and noone to take them from you.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

We've got some young lawyers coming up.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Felt Nostalgic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many entitled assholes that play EQ.
I've only been back a month and a half since 2000, but this completely sums up my EQ experience as a whole since being back. Sad really. Glad someone else gets it.
Last edited by Ironwind; 03-14-2019 at 01:09 PM..
Closed Thread