Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 09:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets see, other places that won't be crowded...I did a little time in that area in Stonebrunt. That's almost guaranteed to be pretty empty, from what I saw there. Kedge was also almost always free, though I'm not sure if there's a good necro solo spot there at 40, I always brought my own group to Kedge.
At 40 a necro could solo the first 2 rooms in Kedge, pull to zone, root one and zone out and zone back in (probably easier now with super speed zoning since patch). Fierce impaler is gonna be tough, and don't touch the ravenous if it's up (doesn't aggro easily).

cheers,

Astuce
Old 03-15-2019, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

If all your preferred spots are taken, go fear-kite at the KC castle wall in DL. Always mobs there.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all your preferred spots are taken, go fear-kite at the KC castle wall in DL. Always mobs there.
unless bard
Old 03-16-2019, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unless bard
Even with a bard swarming, there are lots of mobs. If there are 2+ bards, you may have a bad time, lol.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:44 AM
Sarnak

The search for 40s experience spots is nothing compared to the disappointment you're going to find once you've put in many, many more hours to get to 60 and decide to start farming.

Blue is a very top-heavy server, and you're going to find a crowd of lvl 60s constantly sitting on every single damn camp in the game.

2 choices: 1) Get used to playing the waiting game by having to add your name to a list to camp even the simplest junk like a fish bone earring, or 2) Find another less crowded server to play on that suits your style.
Last edited by Samaritan; 03-16-2019 at 09:48 AM..
Old 03-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would do a /who all <level> to find people who are on and ask what they are up to - and if they want company. Use LFG. I routinely find out of the way spots with interesting loot and quests. The wiki is good but not always 100% and I have found pleasant surprises off the beaten path.

Had a risky endeavor last night - should have tried this...needed at least one other partner in crime to sneak in and assassinate an ambassador. Look for adventure and you will find it.
Last edited by Calthaer; 03-20-2019 at 03:27 PM..
Old 03-21-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Being a solo class is definitely going to give you more options to progress in the game than rerolling to a group reliant class. You'll still be sitting around waiting on lists if you go to the popular high zem zones, especially if you are playing mainly at prime time. There are plenty of places to kill stuff at lvl 40, but if you are looking for only the most optimal camps, you'd be crazy to not expect competition. If you are dead set on only going to the solo guide camps then you need to talk to the people camping them and try to get them to pass it off to you when they are ready to log.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are dead set on only going to the solo guide camps
While everything Champion said is dead-on, I just wanted to point out one thing: unlike most of the class-specific solo guides, which typically only have a couple of places to go per level (and of course those places tend to be crowded) the Per-Level Guide currently has 246 different hunting spots.

For any given five-level range the guide typically has at least fifteen different hunting spots, and this is by design. The guide was never meant to only include the best places to hunt: it is very much intended to include random out-of-the-way places that aren't "as good" ... but actually are, because they are less popular. Stuff like the giant skeletons in Rathe Mountains, which have terrible loot, no XP bonus, and almost no one ever suggests ... but are also easy (non-caster) mobs to solo which are very rarely taken.

So if you're looking to "get away from it all", the Per-Level guide can be a great place to find your next spot: you just have to be aware that it includes a mix of both popular and "off the beaten path" spots, so you might have to try a few places out before you find that perfect place you can sit at for the next five levels or so.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-21-2019 at 01:37 PM..
Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

RED
Old 03-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Kobold

If you're looking for a per leveling guide, just go to loramins post history and look at every post he's made and you'll find a reference to it.
Closed Thread