Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

You leveled your rogue all the way up to 50+ and quit because you didn't have your epic? And it's a joke of an epic to get, to boot? I somehow doubt you were interested in playing the rogue or simply made this all up.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You leveled your rogue all the way up to 50+ and quit because you didn't have your epic? And it's a joke of an epic to get, to boot? I somehow doubt you were interested in playing the rogue or simply made this all up.
30k can be pretty rough to get for a first timer especially on a class that is terrible at soloing , or someone who doesn't know EQ and p99 economy very well

Getting a guild and people to help them with epic can also be difficult to people that have terrible social skills or don't care to be social

That said I still have my doubts about his experience and think he is way overplaying how bad it was, I have seldom seen much gear shaming on p99 and usually when I did it was in a joking fashion and the group was still ok with having the person in the group (Monks in seb / KC with wu armor, etc.) The only class that might even be gear shamed would probably be warrior as their performance in their role is going to suffer if they are still sporting bronze armor in their 50s.... A Rogue literally just needs some decent weapons and some haste, that's it.... And even super cheap options like I mentioned previously are still way ahead of what you would "normally" have leveling up in a true classic sense (like rusty > bronze > fine steel weapons)
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-17-2019, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30k can be pretty rough to get for a first timer especially on a class that is terrible at soloing , or someone who doesn't know EQ and p99 economy very well
The point was: what in the world melee class are you going to play that's easier to outfit at 50+?
Old 03-17-2019, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point was: what in the world melee class are you going to play that's easier to outfit at 50+?
Very true, your post is 100% correct - Rogue is absolutely the "cheapest" option to have a functional well performing melee class , Monk and Warrior blow it out of the water in terms of cost without question
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-18-2019, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand by my original post. Got a rash of sh-t comments when playing a rogue who didn't have his epic and said F this, I will spend my plat on other chars, I do not need the negativity. If others enjoy playing rogues and do not mind spending the plat needed to gear them up, more power to you.
I didn't have this experience at all. My rogue gained most of his levels in janky ass Ry'gorr gear and a rapier of oriin. Probably spent 3k total on his gear before level 50. Got epic at 53 when greater than 50% of the other rogues I saw and grouped with had it at 46. Never once got a negative or judgy comment. Sorry you had that experience, but I don't think it's the norm.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Never said I got to level 50+. I stopped at level 36.

Will also add that this was a few years ago, back when players could equip epics at low levels. So basically, if I didn't have my epic, I was a piece of sh!t. I know it is different now, since the level requirement was put in, but I have since leveled up plenty of other classes and will not be going back to that rogue any time soon.
Last edited by Nilstoniakrath; 03-18-2019 at 07:41 AM..
Old 03-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never said I got to level 50+. I stopped at level 36.

Will also add that this was a few years ago, back when players could equip epics at low levels. So basically, if I didn't have my epic, I was a piece of sh!t. I know it is different now, since the level requirement was put in, but I have since leveled up plenty of other classes and will not be going back to that rogue any time soon.
Further add- Back then, I could have afforded a rogue epic, if I pooled all my chars plat. I refused, I was not going to spend all I had gathered on all my chars just for my stupid rogue. Nowadays, this would be maybe 20% of my total worth to MQ the rogue epic, but I still refuse, out of the principle, one should not have to acquire their epic just to play this stupid game. Glad to hear any comments to the contrary.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-Z1YwaOiw
Old 03-19-2019, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

I am currently in the middle of leveling a rogue myself after coming back from a long break! I can tell you that I've had a very fun time (currently went from 22-27 in unrest in the last week)! Just like on live though, sometimes there just isn't an open spot in a group. My gear on my rogue when I started back was...I'd say somewhat average for Live. I had banded gear with a 8\23 weapon and a 9\31 weapon that I used up until level 21 that I'd be happy to hand off for free if you needed it to get going! I recently bought some Silver Chitin Handwraps (21% haste) for 1.3k and that is the most expensive item I purchased for him so far, everything else that isn't banded still only cost a few hundred each.
Powerful 51 Iksar Monk
Old 03-19-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Further add- Back then, I could have afforded a rogue epic, if I pooled all my chars plat. I refused, I was not going to spend all I had gathered on all my chars just for my stupid rogue. Nowadays, this would be maybe 20% of my total worth to MQ the rogue epic, but I still refuse, out of the principle, one should not have to acquire their epic just to play this stupid game. Glad to hear any comments to the contrary.
you sound mad
Closed Thread