911 10 6.45%
1200 11 7.10%
2000 13 8.39%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschenny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on fenin ro as well. And i'm not mistaken. I was able to spam the button and get on when the server population ticked down. I believe the limit was actually 2k. Also, there was a clear message saying that the server was at capacity.
I was on bristlebane. Not sure about how busy Fenin was but BB was home to Club Fu, the Arch Overseers, Ring of Valor and more. It was crowded both in terms of raw population and at the high end. I also 100% remember the sever too packed log in queues. And no it was not just for one zone but for the whole server.

The question is when exactly this was. I didn’t start to get hard core until late velious, and I don’t remember if those queues were in the Velious era. They might have been, but it could have been POP also. Which makes sense since that is when all the major server splits started, and SOE simultaneously started figuring out they could monetize server transfers.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This type of complaint was common also, which is why they implemented the player turned NPC marketplace. Introducing the Player Marketplace was the start of the dismantling of player social interaction. Auctioning in EC IS part of the game. While it was not intended by the developers, it was a player created tool which drove the economy. You worked for your Plat by manually selling instead of hoarding it on a mule and having it sell for you. This was Devs giving in to lazy nerds. While it seemed like a good idea at the time, it took away meaningful player interactions.
Nah, haggling with some nerd who wants to get every last plat he can for his item that there is already 3542254 of on the server isn't a meaningful social interaction. It's wasting my time when I could be grouping with others and having fun. The bazaar was a godsend.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was on bristlebane. Not sure about how busy Fenin was but BB was home to Club Fu, the Arch Overseers, Ring of Valor and more. It was crowded both in terms of raw population and at the high end. I also 100% remember the sever too packed log in queues. And no it was not just for one zone but for the whole server.

The question is when exactly this was. I didn’t start to get hard core until late velious, and I don’t remember if those queues were in the Velious era. They might have been, but it could have been POP also. Which makes sense since that is when all the major server splits started, and SOE simultaneously started figuring out they could monetize server transfers.
I remember server queues in Velious era for sure. I often played at pay-by-the-hour LAN shops with some buddies and seeing the queue pop up was money down the drain.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

I remember when we were wondering if we'd even break 100 players active.
Old 03-18-2019, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Certainly possible they added them in the second half of velious. I mentally checked out of the game around the time, and often spent my playing time in other MMOs like DAoC and AO. I think fennin also split into druzzil at the time and hence didn't have the same degree of overpopulation issues anymore.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

I voted no limit cuz I like to make 'em say ugh!
Old 03-18-2019, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Nah nahnah nah!
Old 03-18-2019, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

I actually did 3 seconds of research instead of relying on my memory. Seems like there was a capacity limit to the login/ chat server, but didn't see any mention of the actual server having hard caps.

Some discussion was here.

So basically when all servers were down there was a limit to how many could sit at the server screen and get into world the second servers were up.

Guessing people are remembering a capacity message after typing in password, not from clicking on their server.

Other discussion here.
Last edited by Rygar; 03-18-2019 at 09:31 AM..
Old 03-18-2019, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Rygar, that sounds plausible. I am always open to constructive criticism! Especially if I can learn something from it. Unfortunately, from your post I cannot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I clicked your two links. The first produces attachment 1, the second produces attachment 2.

I appreciate the effort man, but your 3 seconds of searching yielded my 3 minutes of trying, resulting in absolutely nothing. Thanks though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rygar Unhelpful 1.jpg (19.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Rygar Unhelpful 2.jpg (19.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-18-2019, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Remove the "/m" from the links to change them from mobile to desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
40 Erudite Enchanter
<Kittens Who Say Meow>
P99 Blue
Closed Thread