Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is there nobody who can offer me a direction on where to look? A sensible suggestion? Perhaps a mildly educated guess? At this point I will take a shot in the dark.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Looking at your log file i would assume it is something going on with either your video card or your video card drivers. That's about all that I can tell you without system specs and the current best game you have successfully played on your hardware. Good news is that if you can play something like portal2 then it most likely isn't your video card dieing.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The log appears to be old. I don't have any other recording though. Somebody suggested I post it and that was all that was there.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Aviak

ok. can you supply some information. computer specs, OS, newest game you can run. maybe a dxdiag
Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have isolated the issue to be that only one of my characters is locking in this way upon getting into the game. Perhaps now that I know I can log into another toon, I can resolve it through a GM? Perhaps it is a zone specific issue.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have isolated the issue to be that only one of my characters is locking in this way upon getting into the game. Perhaps now that I know I can log into another toon, I can resolve it through a GM? Perhaps it is a zone specific issue.
Well if that's the case, then delete that character's configuration files in the Everquest directory and let it load defaults to see if it corrects the problem.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Have you tried running this? It seams to fix quite a few issues.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28335
Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I do indeed have Duxa, and I also have done multiple repairs of the files. The only thing I ahve not done is a fresh install.

I was just in Oasis, and it didnt crash my other character. I cannot find the character configuration files either. I have not been able to find them at all when searching directories or files, nothing.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do indeed have Duxa, and I also have done multiple repairs of the files. The only thing I ahve not done is a fresh install.

I was just in Oasis, and it didnt crash my other character. I cannot find the character configuration files either. I have not been able to find them at all when searching directories or files, nothing.
Well the character files are there. For me, they are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest

Character files look like this -
UI_charactername_P1999.ini

My character file looks like this -
UI_Shallondra_P1999.ini

I recommend the offending character file of the one that causes the hang get deleted. Not sure how else to explain it. Good lunk.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Large Rat

Unhappy

I have the exact same problem. My character is stuck in EC, and it seems that other chars I have are fine. I can play them fine, just not my main.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

update: Changing out the ui files doesn't help.
Last edited by Dizzie; 06-23-2011 at 12:50 PM..