Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Kobold

Default Windows / Fullscreen issues.

I play on a flat screen large monitor, 37'. Recently when I logged into the game, the game instantly put me into windowed mode. This wasn't that big a deal as I quickly went about trying to solve the problem by setting my resolution higher and then switching back to Fullscreen. No dice, the game then opened up an error message I could not read and crashed the game and the error message at the same time they both opened, so I couldn't read the error = /

Well, I then thought I would be smart and change the resolution in the EQclient file. I changed windowedmode=false and then logged back in. The game crashed completely upon trying to load the character select screen. I honestly don't mind windowed mode that much but I personally would prefer to play full screen. Anyone think they want to take a shot at this?
Old 05-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Orc

If I had to guess, the error is likely related to the screen resolution issues that happen when the eqclient.ini in the [VideoMode] section do not match what your native/monitor resolution is set to.

I base this on the description of when the game crashes (just before character select). Make sure this section of the eqclient.ini file has matching resolution for windows/full-screen mode for the resolution your monitor is set at.

This is solved similar issues for me.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Fixed, appreciate it.