Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thisx1000. Clean gains vs Dirty gains is a myth. Gains can only be achieved through caloric surplus. The amount you put into muscle vs fat depends on your exercise routine and to a lesser extent, the macro breakdowns. If you aren't an idiot, it's easy to get enough protein. Beyond that, EAT MOTHER FUCKER, EAT.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's my progress pic. I weighed about 195 when I took that photo a few weeks ago. That's 9 months of working out regularly and eating like a fucking madman. I started at about 160-165. As you can see, healthy body fat, not super cut but it's a pretty low percentage given how much weight I have gained this year.

Are you a hard gainer? Then eat all the stuff everyone screams that you shouldn't eat.

Ice cream. Pizza. Fried chicken. Pasta. Milk. Whey. Beef. The higher the caloric density, the better. There are obviously nuances to this which can protect your long term health. If you care, you'll do the research and learn what fats are inflammatory, which sugar compounds are to be avoided, and the proteins which are most easily absorbable vs going to ferment in your gut.

I am just under 200 lb now. 6'3''. I anticipate I will be 215 and 3% bodyfat less than I am now before I reach my goal level of strength and aesthetic. Still a solid 18 months now that my babygains are finished.

Mead's chest program works. I don't follow it exactly but the important thing has been to increase weight and work to higher reps. Don't let yourself stall. I've cascaded that down into all other exercises except for ones where I historically injured joints. For those, it's better to do lighter weight, higher rep, slow and steady gains.

I am fortunate. I learned a lot about nutrition science and how to exercise while I was a sickboi. Makes it a lot easier as a healthyboi.

God speed. I'll check back here in a few weeks to make sure all elves are doing well.
The dude in the mirror is checking you out.

When other men look at you like a threat, that's when you know you're heading in the right direction.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Banned

was just thinking who is the creeper
Old 10-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gotchu! I'm all in on the gain train.. Gonna totally relax my diet. Stay routine at the gym, and see how that works... Kinda hungry thinking about a real guilt free meal haha..
I disagree with mead on this. Calories are one thing, dying of a stroke at 60 due to high cholesterol is another. Continue to eat healthy, just eat more
Old 10-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Banned

All I know is building muscle is going to be optimized with health. And its a huge overall health boost to eat mostly clean most the time. So that's why I think the quality of calories matter in the gainZ endeavor.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with mead on this. Calories are one thing, dying of a stroke at 60 due to high cholesterol is another. Continue to eat healthy, just eat more
You didn't read what I said then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't understand the way this works. You're going to gain the same amount of weight whether you eat 2,000 in mcdonalds, chic fil a, organic food from whole foods, whatever. It makes no difference. Whether you're getting more nutrients and eating foods better for your insides is a different story.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...-for-100-foods

Glycemic index of wheat vs white, white vs brown, there's not much of a difference. And there's actually more calories per cup of brown rice due to the fats and slight advantage in protein. So you will actually gain more weight eating brown rice per cup.

Science bros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It took me a while to find it but this post is a good motivator for bulking up. Try not to focus on the types of foods he talks about eating and just the amount of food.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Last edited by Mead; 10-05-2018 at 11:00 PM..
Old 10-05-2018, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by margatroid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eat more calories dummies
no it's boring and too hard
Old 10-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by margatroid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same. Barely hovering above diagnostic for ana and I keep shoveling muffins
bread is the worst thing to eat
Old 10-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Banned

Well here we go.. I am moving forward with a bulk routine.. And i will loosen my grip on my diet a bit to accomplish this.. Keep in mind i've always eaten clean.. Chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato kinda guy.. I don't go out to eat, i haven't eaten fast food in aaaages! I'm by the books for sure.. That being said- I've listened to much advice.. From the forums, to friends, and family. I have never attempted a weight gain routine, and so im gonna go all in on it. why not, worth a shot! SO! It started this weekend! Started by picking the family up mcdonals breaki on saturday. I had 2 egg mcmuffins and 2 hash browns. Ate like normal through the day, ended with a footlong chicken breast sub from subway.. Sunday, ate normal meals, but had spaghetti with meatballs made at home [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Here is my morning photo.. 140 today.. Looking to hit 150 by end of month, would like to maintain a solid 150-160 forever. Stay tuned for a end of month photo! PS- Filbus covered his face with halfling, so i'll keep the trend going.. I'm rollin orc today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Banned

what you are doing is pointless

women like lean guys, fat will not help you accomplish anything

just keep eating a low carb diet and working out and the gains will happen slow
Old 10-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Banned

bomb chest hair
Closed Thread