Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

Thank you team!!! Love how supportive you all are! Love to be a part of this specific community!! Mead, America, Cecily, Patriam, Irulan, Juris. Thanks for bein u!
Old 03-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Lookin swole Jeff. Them triceps though

I went Obeast mode again, gotta cut. Peanut butter delenda est
Old 03-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Banned

Nice back big J [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You have that V shape going, and your upper body is nice in general.
Old 03-19-2019, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice back big J [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You have that V shape going, and your upper body is nice in general.
Thanks Juris.. I hated lats for soooooo long.. I still remember how excited i was the day I realized i had them!! It's one of those muscles that make such a HUGE difference in how your back looks, they became a focus for me on back day now!!
Old 03-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Banned

back was always the most fun lift for me. the endorphin returns on those muscles are awesome.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 PM
Banned

I'm about to head out to do a “CINDY”

As Many Repetitions As Possible in 20 minutes

5 Pull Ups

10 Push Ups

15 Air Squats
Old 03-20-2019, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jeff would love your opinion on HIIT my post was buried by trannies with drug / life problems
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

I saw this topic long ago but wanted to chime in now that the conversation is steering in a way I think I can chat about (and hock one of my hobbies to you guys). I'm not a success story, i'm just a story, and that's a lead in to my first point.

There is only the goals you have, the goals you succeed at, and the goals you didn't achieve, either because you decided it wasn't a goal anymore, or you're just not there yet. Some guys, or girls or anything in between, want to get absolutely jacked and huge. That's pretty hard to do. Some people want to bodybuild. I think i'm in a hefty majority who sort of decides its more of a "I want to look good naked" type thing.. which is a bonus for me given I sign up for a lot of silly naked races and a bike race events which are more common in my area.

Anyway, I started doing the basic strength thing. I notice a lot of folks doing that. I liked doing rippetoes Starting Strength and trying out Stronglifts. They are great starting lifting programs, but you sort of have to find your own way soon because they get heavy quick. I was also running, but that was boring, especially on roads. I eventually found trail running with a nice pair of trail running shoes is so entertaining and exploration made it more fun. I really got into fitness when I discovered obstacle course racing.. and that's mostly why I wanted to make the post (in case nobody knew it existed or was an option). It was a mix of how much I enjoyed jungle gym crap as a kid and seeing the contrast in how awesome the assassin's creed characters jump around on buildings and crap and yet I could barely hold onto a bar for a few seconds.

If you find that the typical lift/swim/run type thing is hard to stick to, try looking for an OCR gym near you. You can practice simple obstacles or attempt more ninja warrior type stunts.. like when I wanted to start being able to lache for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgqaIBAJrQ

here's a few typical obstacles that most obstacle races have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgBgJvpQVw0

I'm not super jacked but I do alright. I went from 230 lbs about 4 years ago to holding at around 188 (at 6ft even). Still feel like I could drop a bit more though. My abdomen looks like a mad science experiment that i'm recovering from

A few things I learned along the way, and it's going to sound super softcore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Weight loss is straight calories, even if you were pounding sugar all day. I feel like keto / low carb crap is very fadlike, and it sure works for a lot of people as a means, but I like a good balance, and not to plan to "revert" back to something that was supposedly "bad" (even though its not i.e. consuming carbohydrates). Just because you drop weight though isn't always ideal. Gotta keep that composition. I don't know nothin' bout eating 2 chickens a day, but chicken in general is nice to eat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A huge one for me, and maybe the thing I should have put at the top: CHILL OUT with doing something hard. Don't start with weight on the bar. Don't run every day. Just add in a nice 2 mile trot, maybe 2-3 times a week, and turn that trot mildly into a canter. Take it easy. Do everything gradually, and mentally tell yourself you'll do it forever not because you hate it, but because its not that bad. All my fellow OCR people always claim to hate running, but they are blasting out their 10 mile weekends and 5 mile weekdays anyway. Don't go 0-11 on anything, be it lifting, losing/gaining weight, getting your first pullup, or whatever. Just find a small level of success, and increase what you did gradually to be successful. Avoid "good" and "bad" binges. Binges do weird stuff to people.

Your goals are your goals too. I did want to talk about stuff I did but you can't push your goals on others or tell others their goal is wrong. I say this because on reddit fitness, there are so many people who are ashamed to admit their goals are "superficial" like straight aesthetics. Aesthetics are pretty good and common to focus on. Some people want pure strength. Power lifters can do amazing stuff in competitions.

I feel like obstacles are a great full body workout when mixed with running. I feel more human when I can pull myself over stuff, pick up heavy stuff, and move myself from A to B better. Probably because that's what people did for most of history [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw this topic long ago but wanted to chime in now that the conversation is steering in a way I think I can chat about (and hock one of my hobbies to you guys). I'm not a success story, i'm just a story, and that's a lead in to my first point.

There is only the goals you have, the goals you succeed at, and the goals you didn't achieve, either because you decided it wasn't a goal anymore, or you're just not there yet. Some guys, or girls or anything in between, want to get absolutely jacked and huge. That's pretty hard to do. Some people want to bodybuild. I think i'm in a hefty majority who sort of decides its more of a "I want to look good naked" type thing.. which is a bonus for me given I sign up for a lot of silly naked races and a bike race events which are more common in my area.

Anyway, I started doing the basic strength thing. I notice a lot of folks doing that. I liked doing rippetoes Starting Strength and trying out Stronglifts. They are great starting lifting programs, but you sort of have to find your own way soon because they get heavy quick. I was also running, but that was boring, especially on roads. I eventually found trail running with a nice pair of trail running shoes is so entertaining and exploration made it more fun. I really got into fitness when I discovered obstacle course racing.. and that's mostly why I wanted to make the post (in case nobody knew it existed or was an option). It was a mix of how much I enjoyed jungle gym crap as a kid and seeing the contrast in how awesome the assassin's creed characters jump around on buildings and crap and yet I could barely hold onto a bar for a few seconds.

If you find that the typical lift/swim/run type thing is hard to stick to, try looking for an OCR gym near you. You can practice simple obstacles or attempt more ninja warrior type stunts.. like when I wanted to start being able to lache for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgqaIBAJrQ

here's a few typical obstacles that most obstacle races have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgBgJvpQVw0

I'm not super jacked but I do alright. I went from 230 lbs about 4 years ago to holding at around 188 (at 6ft even). Still feel like I could drop a bit more though. My abdomen looks like a mad science experiment that i'm recovering from

A few things I learned along the way, and it's going to sound super softcore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Weight loss is straight calories, even if you were pounding sugar all day. I feel like keto / low carb crap is very fadlike, and it sure works for a lot of people as a means, but I like a good balance, and not to plan to "revert" back to something that was supposedly "bad" (even though its not i.e. consuming carbohydrates). Just because you drop weight though isn't always ideal. Gotta keep that composition. I don't know nothin' bout eating 2 chickens a day, but chicken in general is nice to eat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A huge one for me, and maybe the thing I should have put at the top: CHILL OUT with doing something hard. Don't start with weight on the bar. Don't run every day. Just add in a nice 2 mile trot, maybe 2-3 times a week, and turn that trot mildly into a canter. Take it easy. Do everything gradually, and mentally tell yourself you'll do it forever not because you hate it, but because its not that bad. All my fellow OCR people always claim to hate running, but they are blasting out their 10 mile weekends and 5 mile weekdays anyway. Don't go 0-11 on anything, be it lifting, losing/gaining weight, getting your first pullup, or whatever. Just find a small level of success, and increase what you did gradually to be successful. Avoid "good" and "bad" binges. Binges do weird stuff to people.

Your goals are your goals too. I did want to talk about stuff I did but you can't push your goals on others or tell others their goal is wrong. I say this because on reddit fitness, there are so many people who are ashamed to admit their goals are "superficial" like straight aesthetics. Aesthetics are pretty good and common to focus on. Some people want pure strength. Power lifters can do amazing stuff in competitions.

I feel like obstacles are a great full body workout when mixed with running. I feel more human when I can pull myself over stuff, pick up heavy stuff, and move myself from A to B better. Probably because that's what people did for most of history [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed
Old 03-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lookin good bud, just remember rule #1 of lifting if you want to increase in size less reps more weight, that was my problem for years

I am also addicted to cardio ( I walk for miles and cycle for 20+ miles np )
have u ever done a century bitch N
Closed Thread