Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 02:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wouldn't you just change ToV bosses to summon at 100% health? That would solve the problem without a clunky rotation.
You think that would fix the problem? I got news for you friend, that just means the problem is only a challenge for those without 250 active raiders.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

LOL, Blue server. LOL, trying to call what happens there "competitive raiding".
Old 02-05-2019, 02:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont normally chime in on this server forums but this has to be the worst thing for this server. I mean, to forcefully place junk status guilds in the rotation with zero proof half of those guilds actively killed / FTE / pulled / fielded the numbers to kill any of the NToV mobs is laughable.
This is utter garbage. The only "skill" displayed by the guilds raiding ToV on P99 is racing skills. Who can get-to, FTE, pull fekkin dragons to the zone like a pack of little girls to kill it is what ToV has become. It is the farthest thing from classic it could possibly be.

There are 200 times the number of level 60 characters on P99 than there were on any live server during the Velious era. And I'm only counting the active ones.

You didn't go into ToV racing another guild. You didn't pull dragons to the zone. You didn't use 3k worth of expendables for each pull with 8 monks, 3 SKs, and four DA clerics. Seriously, killing the actual mob is the easiest part of ToV on P99. There is nothing on P99 at this time that can not be killed by 30 level 60 players. No one ever saw "train to WTOV" on live. We crawled in back in the day, but then again we didn't have 200 assholes crawling up our backs either. Oh, we didn't exactly build our own EQ server to practice it all on either. I mean, really?

There were only 125 or maybe 150 total people out of a server population of 7000 who were involved in it at all. Our guild had around 60 total players (all level 60).

My guild was called Black Company, the other was called Enlightened Dark. Strange thing is, we communicated. If they wanted ToV we killed the Dain, or Tormax or went (rarely) back to VP so we didn't get in each other's way. Heck when Luclin came out we split it up right from the start, they got Vex Thal, we got everything else. So yeah, this idea sounds a lot like classic to me.

So don't tell me, one of the few people on P99 that was doing this content on live during this timeframe that cut-throat, backstabbing competition was the norm. It absolutely was not. This is much closer to "classic" than the current situation.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, Blue server. LOL, trying to call what happens there "competitive raiding".
Considering playing red full time

Need red friends
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-05-2019, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2019, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is nothing on P99 at this time that can not be killed by 30 level 60 players.
Hey no offensive but you're pretty dumb. There's at least 5 that need 50+ not including the unkillable shit
Old 02-05-2019, 02:45 AM
Kobold

Hi guys/gals
Old 02-05-2019, 02:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think that would fix the problem? I got news for you friend, that just means the problem is only a challenge for those without 250 active raiders.
The problem as stated is multiple guilds were pulling bosses on top of each other at entrance.

You can't train entrance if you can't pull the boss away from his spawn.

Problem solved.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem as stated is multiple guilds were pulling bosses on top of each other at entrance.

You can't train entrance if you can't pull the boss away from his spawn.

Problem solved.
Incorrect - guilds would still train the trash mobs on the way to the rooted dragons all over the zone instead of clearing
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Tell me about the rabbits, George.
Closed Thread