Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the responses guys. Guess I knew more about monk splitting than I thought I did. Splitting xp camps isn't worth the 100k for bio orb and damn sure not the 250+k for beads to me, I'm just not that into the monk life. It's more of alt's alt for me.

I've messed around with using root nets/probes/clicky stun to split, but running to recharge so often is meh. I quested a bunch of the snare clickies from Warrens/Stonebrunt when I was around lvl 20 but they're no drop/trivial loot code so hesitant to waste them on random trash mobs and the clinging darkness clickies aren't worth recharging.

Gotta say after playing an Enchanter for so long, monk pulling for xping is extremely underwhelming.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it isn't just a matter of waiting for them to path back, for guaranteed singles it is a method called 'reverse yo-yo pulling' from a classic monk guide.

Say there are 3 mobs. Pull all to you and flop. As they path back, wait until the first one gets back to his spawn point and resets (wiping agro). Don't immediately stand when this happens, wait for at least one of the other mobs to walk back near the reset one (within agro / assist range). Stand up when that happens, the other mobs will agro the reset one, wait for the initial mob that reset to get close to you (out of range of his original spawn point).

Flop at that point, the initial mob that reset will stand next to you for a bit and the other 2 will immediately walk back. The trick is to wait until the other 2 reach their spawn point (thus wiping agro) and then stand back up to get the single.

It is a near guaranteed method. Sometimes you get unlucky with the mob not standing put long enough, but its rare enough. You'll need to play around with the distance from the spawn point to pull / flop.

It sounds complicated to write out, but when you actually do it you'll see how easy it is.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are not missing anything, FD is significantly less useful to a Monk than it was previously.

SK is now the master class for room breaking IMO due to snare mechanics and FD
Enchanters dude..

Enchanters in gnome illusion are the master splitters in everything but end game raids.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't seen anyone mention this, but it isn't just a matter of waiting for them to path back, for guaranteed singles it is a method called 'reverse yo-yo pulling' from a classic monk guide.
I've tried something similar to this but don't think I was doing it right I'll have to give it a shot tonight. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanters in gnome illusion are the master splitters in everything but end game raids.
^This guy gets it.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

Wanted to update this thread for any future subpar monks that may see it and say Rygar's "reverse yo-yo pulling" suggestion 100% works and is a lot more reliable than just hoping the mobs path back separately. I knew there had to be some trick I was missing.

It's still no Enchanter pulling, but it's a lot better than what I was doing before.
Closed Thread