Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Default Setting up Chat Windows

I was watching Youtube last night. An EQP99 Channel. If you search for "Sir Mutton Chops" you will see his Chat Windows. He has a Main chat in the middle - a Group Chat on the left, and I think Guild Chat on the right. I just have a Main Chat where everything spams and I sometimes miss very important group chat messages.

Can someone tell me how to set it up like Sir Mutton Chops did so I don't miss group chat?

Thank you again.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:01 AM
Kobold

It's all in right click menus. R click on a chat window and choose new chat window. Then rename it, and set the appropriate filter (incoming) and
Channel (outgoing when you type). Set them the same usually.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:02 AM
VIP / Contributor

didn't go through the effort of searching that, but you can create new chat windows and filter them out. right click on the header of the main chat and choose "create new window" or something similar. It will pop out a new window somewhere. put it where you want, resize it. then, right click on the header of the new window, go down to chat filters and add in whatever chat stream you want in there.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Kobold

I usually make a "shit box" where I put most of the combat messages I don't care about, a "main box" for combat messages I DO care about. A "chat box" for all talking and a "skill box" for skill ups.

I also have a "auction box" that I keep closed in the corner and open when I wanna buy or sell, it has its own window so I did not lose my sanity in EC.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually make a "shit box" where I put most of the combat messages I don't care about, a "main box" for combat messages I DO care about. A "chat box" for all talking and a "skill box" for skill ups.

I also have a "auction box" that I keep closed in the corner and open when I wanna buy or sell, it has its own window so I did not lose my sanity in EC.
Pure gold. Thank you.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually make a "shit box" where I put most of the combat messages I don't care about, a "main box" for combat messages I DO care about. A "chat box" for all talking.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Aviak

I have been watching some streams lately and it blows my mind how many people leave all melee messages on then get spammed to hell in combat.