Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

You guys realize there is indeed a way to use luclin models without downloading any sof client? There's a post, by someone whose name I forget, but it's got all sorts of modificaiton.. all you have to do is replace your globalload document with the text (s)he provided and voila.. it loads new models. The only bug I have noticed is Wolves are exceptionally large.. and you wont be able to launch the game via t he eqemu launcher, which means with every update you will need to redo the changes you had made. Ill search for and include a link in this, because as a few others do, I definitely prefer luclin graphics.

And as far as people complaining that it's "not classic".. neither is banning for twoboxing, making ip exemptions necessary.. not to mention a plethora of other things they have changed (turning in quests with KOS npcs while FD.. THAT is classic.. why is it removed from p99? Because P99 Isn't classic-- get over it.)
Last edited by Xer0; 01-06-2013 at 05:45 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Note: This is not the result of my work, I'm simply sharing it for those who are interested in luclin graphics without the issues caused by SOF:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...uclin+Graphics

Just click the "luclin graphics" guide.. and I personally used the "lazy load 2" .. works like a charm, and when you go into your game settings to enable luclin graphics, the only one you should check is the elemental.. all others will be on by default, in fact checking that option will for some reason disable the new graphics.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just dont understand why people want to play with "updated" graphics. If you want updated graphics go play live. This is a classic server built on nostalgia. Play it like you played it in 1999 or gtfo. If you didnt play in 1999 and claim to not have started till post luclin and new models are all you know then im sorry, you missed the best part of the game and need to re-live it like how it was ment to be.
Some of us want to play for the mechanics and the people, not the graphics. I started playing pre-Kunark and played for 5 and a half years. There has never been another MMO that was as challenging as EQ1, period (except maybe EVE). The fact you can faceroll PvE most of these newer MMOs, talk smack and get away with is (remember EQ blacklists?) and die with almost 0 penalty gets on my nerves

Back in 1999 the graphics were great. These days, they're terrible. In fact, if what I'm reading is correct, SoE is writing EQ Next with the original mechanics, updated graphics and some of the extras present in newer MMOs.

You may like the original bad graphics, and are entitled to play with them. Some of us are not playing specifically because of those graphics. If a way to update the models is available then it's in everyone's benefit to allow it. The ability to choose will yield more players.

Unless, of course, you're one of the elitist players I try to hard to avoid and feel the need to dictate how others should play, sub or not