Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Druid. 1-29 are probably the slowest levels.

29-40 FV cliffs with an enchanter.
40-50 TD aviaks with an enchanter.

Quad to 55.
Bear pits to 60.

You now have a character that can port/buff/pl for quick plat without having to deal with camps/ec tunnel.

Also easy to move gear between alts and buy spells/items in remote places.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good wizard in a dungeon group is amazing. Will your sustained DPS be super high? No. But an intelligent wizard using roots, stuns, and huge nukes when appropriate (along with Evac if shit goes south) can often make the difference between deaths or not. The problem is too many wizards don't think like this and they often start fights with 20% mana vice 80%. Sitting at low mana doesn't increase your regen so I don't get why they do it.
Eh, this is misses the point.

Roots? How many classes can and do root?
Stuns? Again several other classes do this as well.
Evac? Will discuss this further below - Druids get that too plus a whole lot more.
Huge nukes? This is a yes, but other classes have big nukes for that rare instance where you NEED a hard burn.

Yes wizards can do these. Yes a good wizard should do these things. No, a wizard does not add great value because the job, if needed, is easily done by others. When not doing these jobs, wizard sustained dps is about 1/4 the sustained dps potential of a summoned pet.

Wizards get the short end of the stick. It’s not fair, but that’s how it is. It is most easy to compare them to Druids given the overlap in CC and porting. Wizard nuking is more potent and marginally more efficient but DD sustained dps is terrible. Both Druids and wizards evac equally well. CC? Again, comparable. For wizards - it stops there. For Druids it keeps going on and on including damage shield (most efficient damage per mana line in game), buffs, regens, heals, a worthwhile snare, harmony, charm ...

Compared to Mage? Mage nukes quite well. Damage shield again nets huge damage per mana spent actually making the Mage alone put out a lot more damage over time (nukes and DS) compared to wizard (nukes only). The mage PET will alone sustain 3-4x more damage than a wizard. Mage + pet blows wizard out of the water.

Unless you’re blowing up a 32k dragon or porting to hate/sky, wizards are flat out the worst class in the game in this era. Even with quadding, Druids do it better.

It sucks but that’s the way it is. The only reason to group with a wizard is because you are their friend (the best reason), you’re an overly nice person, or need to have evac available and can’t find a Druid.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-15-2018, 09:25 AM
Banned

I was in a group with 3 wiz, and enchanter, bard, cleric (me). Several years ago. Seemed to work out nice vs lizard clerics in CThule.

Is it optimal? Nope. Was it sufficient to basically clear that small temple to the left of the zone in, yeah.

At some point a well put together group just kills all the spawns it safely can, and no it may not be the best exp in game, but it's nice. Wizards are cool in the right settings / groups.

Are they a lazy class, yep.

That being said I think necroo is way more versatile. I've got mine up to lvl 12 now, just hanging around the bushes in unrest killing a few beetles here and there with a blue pet, exp is decent, and I just overdot because I tend to afk longer than I med.

My only time I grouped I saved the cleric with dark empathy while the ench got cc down and my pet almost killed us all. None of my spells would land rly because I was too low.

Was a fun 30 minutes or so, and back to the hedge.

I think resists hurt wiz a little bit less in a group than other classes because their nukes are fast casting and efficient.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-15-2018 at 09:29 AM..
Old 03-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

For solo? Druid would be the best

Cuz fuck running gg ports

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason to group with a wizard is because you are their friend (the best reason), you’re an overly nice person, or need to have evac available and can’t find a Druid.
Or because you don't min/max everything in the game and are willing to take someone in a group even though it doesn't provide 100% optimal exp in a 19 year old elf-simulator? Nowhere did I state that Wizards were the best/worst of anything. I was merely stating some of the oft-forgotten things they provide when in a group. But hey if I need to roll a monk with 100k of gear in Kurns to be invited to your groups then I'll stick to soloing Minotaurs in Steamfont.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

I rather group with a wiz then a Druid.....

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rather group with a wiz then a Druid.....
Your opinion is wrong. According to Troxx druids are better in every way and thus you must prefer them.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:17 AM
Banned

Not sure if I would group with myself as a necro, I tried soloing an even con centaur charger and it wiped the floor with me and my lvl 29 pet. Had to FD at 10%

... casted darkness... resist, pet, fear, darkness, pet, boil blood, fear, reist 3x, FD.

Am I doing necro wrong?

Going to stick with it, I probably suck because I don't have gear and am using too high a level darkness for being in an outdoor zone with very little adds.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:28 AM
Aviak

You shouldn't be hunting even cons most of the time. Unless you have something like Tash/Malo you can expect an inordinate amount of resists - this has nothing to do with your skill level as a Necro, only your level.

In general, your goal should be to hunt the lowest dark blues you can find as they have the maximum experience per effort, and lowest risk of death.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

That Wizard vs Druid comparions is unfair I think .... I still stand by my first answer in this topic that Wizard is a better answer to OP's question because of lazyness.

My wizard is 35 and druid 54, but let me give you an exemple at lvl 29 because they both get a DD upgrade at this cycle so this seems fair.

So let's say you're camping gnoll spire in SK (a very lazy camp with "fast xp" for a teleporter like Druids/Wizards because of the Scroll quest in Qeynos right? so it fits the bill)

Here is how I solo this camp with my Wizard:

3.60CT Inferno Shock = 237dmg
<get into tanking mode yay>
<throw in some Staff of Temp Flux debuff for less resists>
Global Cooldown Refresher (GCDR) + 3.60CT Inferno Shock = 237dmg
GCDR + 3.60CT Inferno Shock = 237dmg
Now the gnoll is running away and I finish him off with Solist's Icy Wand.
Total damage = 711 dmg
Total mana used = 405 mp
Total time Tanking = 7.20 seconds
Total time of the fight = about 20 seconds (Solist wand sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Then sit on your ass and med and wait for next pop.

Now you try to do the same thing with the Druid

3.50CT Combust = 171 dmg
<get into tanking mode yay>
GCDR + 3.50CT Combust = 171 dmg
total damage at this point = 684 dmg
let's say your DS made some dmg and you kinda landed one or two hits between casts so that it's enough for the mob to flee... then you have to finish it off, maybe meleeing? so you snare? another smaller DD? a DoT?
Total mana used = at least 440 mp, without counting Snare and all the buffs you have on yourself and the slightly higher chance of resists and higher chance to fizzle or get interrupted cause more casts.
Total time Tanking = at least 10.50 seconds
Total time of the fight = at least 20 seconds like the wizard, most probably 30+ sec.
So this is probably a dumb way to solo on a druid, and you start using DoTs and Roots etc. fights last for more than one minute and you have to constantly refresh buffs, swap spells, switch between melee and medding, etc.

at some point you can probably sit on your ass and med and wait for next pop like a wiz.

But in the end, there is no question that the wizard is much easier and lazier than the druid (you use only one spell! lol). and probably faster too (even though here you might wanna count the bigger picture with sow to run to the quest giver and back to camp etc.? my wizard has Jboots so not a big deal either hehe).

OP's question was "Lazyest and fastest class to level up" and for that I think Wizard is much better than a Druid. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Wizard being a better overall class than the Druid. But it's just so single-minded into having the best DDs in the game that this allows thing that "slightly worse DD" like Magicians or Druids will make suddenly impossible. You can just burn down one MOB's HP faster and better than any other class. And if that's not lazy then what is xD
Last edited by Nagoya; 03-16-2018 at 12:43 PM..
Closed Thread