Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
?

For like a returning player who already knows the game, but is really lazy with the most limited playtime?
Necro or druid
Old 03-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Fastest and laziest ain’t a necro

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 03-16-2018, 02:35 PM
Aviak

Concur with Shinko. Necro is fairly high-involvement compared to classes like wizard/mage.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Aviak

I missed the part about red. If that's true then the no-brainer answer is Druid or Wizard. Those 2 are gods on red.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That Wizard vs Druid comparions is unfair I think .... I still stand by my first answer in this topic that Wizard is a better answer to OP's question because of lazyness.

My wizard is 35 and druid 54, but let me give you an exemple at lvl 29 because they both get a DD upgrade at this cycle so this seems fair.

So let's say you're camping gnoll spire in SK (a very lazy camp with "fast xp" for a teleporter like Druids/Wizards because of the Scroll quest in Qeynos right? so it fits the bill)

Here is how I solo this camp with my Wizard:

3.60CT Inferno Shock = 237dmg
<get into tanking mode yay>
<throw in some Staff of Temp Flux debuff for less resists>
Global Cooldown Refresher (GCDR) + 3.60CT Inferno Shock = 237dmg
GCDR + 3.60CT Inferno Shock = 237dmg
Now the gnoll is running away and I finish him off with Solist's Icy Wand.
Total damage = 711 dmg
Total mana used = 405 mp
Total time Tanking = 7.20 seconds
Total time of the fight = about 20 seconds (Solist wand sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Then sit on your ass and med and wait for next pop.

Now you try to do the same thing with the Druid

3.50CT Combust = 171 dmg
<get into tanking mode yay>
GCDR + 3.50CT Combust = 171 dmg
total damage at this point = 684 dmg
let's say your DS made some dmg and you kinda landed one or two hits between casts so that it's enough for the mob to flee... then you have to finish it off, maybe meleeing? so you snare? another smaller DD? a DoT?
Total mana used = at least 440 mp, without counting Snare and all the buffs you have on yourself and the slightly higher chance of resists and higher chance to fizzle or get interrupted cause more casts.
Total time Tanking = at least 10.50 seconds
Total time of the fight = at least 20 seconds like the wizard, most probably 30+ sec.
So this is probably a dumb way to solo on a druid, and you start using DoTs and Roots etc. fights last for more than one minute and you have to constantly refresh buffs, swap spells, switch between melee and medding, etc.

at some point you can probably sit on your ass and med and wait for next pop like a wiz.

But in the end, there is no question that the wizard is much easier and lazier than the druid (you use only one spell! lol). and probably faster too (even though here you might wanna count the bigger picture with sow to run to the quest giver and back to camp etc.? my wizard has Jboots so not a big deal either hehe).

OP's question was "Lazyest and fastest class to level up" and for that I think Wizard is much better than a Druid. That has absolutely nothing to do with the Wizard being a better overall class than the Druid. But it's just so single-minded into having the best DDs in the game that this allows thing that "slightly worse DD" like Magicians or Druids will make suddenly impossible. You can just burn down one MOB's HP faster and better than any other class. And if that's not lazy then what is xD
I actually agree with all this, I think i have a 39 wiz account somewhere with jboots even... this is like the truth. It's great to just be a DE wiz with hide and walk away and hope no one kills u and finds your bind.

I found an OK spot on my necro to kill with at 29, but yeah, it's involved, end up taking 2-3 minutes to kill a mob, and since medding while kiting, IDK... I end fights at 40% mana naked, and I just want to sit and kill the other one, yeah, I could pretend I'm a wizard, get up and do stuff, and come back, and yeah I do this, but wizards are the best at this.

I think mobs that really fustrated me on my wiz though, were some of the nastier casty mobs that even if I burned down fast would leave me low hp, and not ready for a fight 10 minutes later.

I'm trying not to reroll, because like, really the end game is to be like lvl 55 and go farm lewt for a cleric alt or something and just help newbz level one day in MM when I'm bored and harras the veteran pvpers with my terrible non-l33t lack of skillz. For this necro+pet is just handy.

And ya, druids are the best plers and good for buffing lowbies for pvp, but i have a soft spot for the cleric class IDK..... Rez and able to calm/lull low lvl mobs + healing on any other class makes me feel ill.
Last edited by Irulan; 03-16-2018 at 03:22 PM..
Old 03-18-2018, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

if you dont mind picking a class you like but want it to be fast even if its a slower leveling class, get bound in freeport, go to the druid ring in WC and beg for buffs and keep begging for thorns and shove your face into everything around and repeat. Works great to get to 14-15 real quick. Then play normally with a headstart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2018, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually agree with all this, I think i have a 39 wiz account somewhere with jboots even... this is like the truth. It's great to just be a DE wiz with hide and walk away and hope no one kills u and finds your bind.

I found an OK spot on my necro to kill with at 29, but yeah, it's involved, end up taking 2-3 minutes to kill a mob, and since medding while kiting, IDK... I end fights at 40% mana naked, and I just want to sit and kill the other one, yeah, I could pretend I'm a wizard, get up and do stuff, and come back, and yeah I do this, but wizards are the best at this.

I think mobs that really fustrated me on my wiz though, were some of the nastier casty mobs that even if I burned down fast would leave me low hp, and not ready for a fight 10 minutes later.

I'm trying not to reroll, because like, really the end game is to be like lvl 55 and go farm lewt for a cleric alt or something and just help newbz level one day in MM when I'm bored and harras the veteran pvpers with my terrible non-l33t lack of skillz. For this necro+pet is just handy.

And ya, druids are the best plers and good for buffing lowbies for pvp, but i have a soft spot for the cleric class IDK..... Rez and able to calm/lull low lvl mobs + healing on any other class makes me feel ill.
I did the facetank/nukespam method on my wizard until the 40s. In terms of time spent actively playing it is very efficient.

You can carry some +hp gear to let you bandage to a higher absolute HP armount, then when you swap back in your AC/mana gear you'll be significantly above 50%. Also, max hp is low, so i found after bandaging/medding your hp would be pretty close to full. Can always use a few runes if really needed.

Once gnoll scrolls wear thin, do oasis or OOt spectres* for decent plat and the chance of Ancient Cyclops snipes. After that do wyverns and drakes in Cobalt Scar for gems.

*don't facetank nukespam spectres, their stun and life tap are not friendly.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I missed the part about red. If that's true then the no-brainer answer is Druid or Wizard. Those 2 are gods on red.
obviously u never played on a pvp server

druid yes, wiz no.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:18 AM
Aviak

I have multiple characters in their high 50s on red, but nice assumption. Wizard lures land full damage regardless of resistance which is a highly sought after ability on red. But hey way to back up your argument.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Druid or bard
Closed Thread