Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Default NK wiki page is broken

Heya,

Not sure where to post this. It appears the wiki page for NK isn't working.

See here: https://wiki.project1999.com/Northern_Plains_of_Karana

Anyone know how to revert/fix it?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Looks like it's a server-issue: if it was just "some player screwed up the wiki (in a normal way)" the page would load but be broken, but it's not even loading at all.

It still might be a player's fault (maybe someone figured out a way to save a particularly invalid/garbage character in that page's wiki text, and it pisses off MediaWiki so much it breaks everything?), or it might just be a freak wiki data corruption issue. Either way, one of the wiki server admins (ie. someone on staff like Rogean with access to the box that runs the wiki) needs to look in to it.

P.S. I checked the logs and no one has modified that page recently, nor does it show up in the list of recently deleted pages ... further evidence that something just got messed up in the DB. I could probably debug it but I don't have DB-access. Luckily the people who do have db-access usually fix this sort of thing within a few days.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-14-2018 at 11:32 AM..
Old 03-14-2018, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

@loramin
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=293068
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

The wiki's just loading really slowly right now, for whatever raisin. I fixed it, I think? The edit went through and the Granite Earring page isn't fucked up anymore, but I can't tell if that changed anything anywhere else. I'll find out if the wiki starts loading again.

It appears someone boned up the string of text at the top, which made the NK page try and load the entire Granite Earring page in frame whenever [[Granite Earring]] was linked. Or not. I don't know how to wiki. I went to a known good item page and copied the <onlyinclude><includeonly><div class="hbdiv">[[Item Name]]<span class="hb">{{Itembox line and pasted it into the Granite Earring page. If I boned it up further it can all be easily reverted.
Last edited by Bummey; 03-14-2018 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I missed that thread, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki's just loading really slowly right now, for whatever raisin. I fixed it, I think? The edit went through and the Granite Earring page isn't fucked up anymore, but I can't tell if that changed anything anywhere else. I'll find out if the wiki starts loading again.

Someone boned up the string of text* at the top, which made the NK page try and load the entire Granite Earring page in frame whenever [[Granite Earring]] was linked. I went to a known good item page and copied the <onlyinclude><includeonly><div class="hbdiv">[[Item Name]]<span class="hb">{{Itembox line and pasted it into the Granite Earring page.

Interesting. But just that by itself shouldn't break the page completely, it should just (as you said) show the Granite Earring on the NK page. Strange ...

Actually, what you copied sounds like template code, which doesn't belong on the NK page. That actually might be related to the problem, lemme see if I can roll back to before it somehow.

EDIT:
I can get to the history page but whenever I try to rollback the last edit it fails the same way loading the page fails. Again, looks like someone might need to fix this in the DB (or by using a tool I'm not aware of).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-14-2018 at 11:45 AM..
Old 03-14-2018, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Actually it looks like I (or someone else?) fixed it. I'm not sure if it was rolling back the NK code or removing the template code from the Granite Earring page (thanks for pointing me to it Bummey), but either way the page now loads. However the wiki still seems a bit sluggish; hopefully that's just a short-term "it's busy processing these changes" issue that will fix itself.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:51 AM
Fire Giant

I'd like to hope I made it worse, but the NK page (and the rest of the wiki) was loading slowly/not at all before I made that edit. Oh well.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I guess I spoke to soon: I got the page to load once but now it's failing again. Still digging ...

Old 03-14-2018, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

It just loaded, and it's still fucked up. The NK page. The Granite Earring page looks good? RIP NK

edit: You fixed something. It's less fucked up now. Granite Earring frame loading gone, {{Expansion depth limit exceeded}} all over the place.
Last edited by Bummey; 03-14-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Old 03-14-2018, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

By "fucked up" do you mean the "{{Expansion depth limit exceeded}}" stuff? I'm not certain but that seems like the kind of error that would come up if a page had a template which referenced another template, which referenced the first page ... or something like that.

In any case, it seems pretty clear the problem isn't with the NK page but with something it references. Will keep digging.

Closed Thread